Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Have had mage for a looong time. This is the worst ever to play fire and not great to play frost tbh. Fire is in fact so bad in terms of likeability and damage it is a joke. A 40% dmg buff would bring to par, and stop the hardcast SKB nonsense dependancy, or the depandancy of combustion in general I guess. So OP, yes atm you can only play arcane mage. Frost is almost OK but fire mage….worst ever.

Not in the least surprised to announce that the upcoming class tuning 11 of April includes zero fixes for mages.

Afaik frost is doing poorly for your average player. I think you need a lot of well itemized gear to perform. I've seen some frost mage streamers and you can't do that without a whole lot of mastery.
    All frost mages I've run keys with (I'm a tank) are last on dps. So somehow, I don't think it's a you problem.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-04-08 at 12:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't expect to dethrone melee in dungeons. But that's nothing new, really.
    laughs in BM

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    laughs in BM
    What are you laughing about, BM isn't even the best ranged in dungeons right now let alone better than the best melee :P

Here, have a 3% nerf. That'll calm your nerves.

I've noticed that Frost scales a lot better with secondary stats than many other classes but they are quite terrible without a lot of stats. 415+ mages will be competitive with other classes at the top of the damage charts but it's not until after ilvl 400 that Pugs stop kicking you for terrible DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SNES-1990 View Post
    I feel like dead weight in heroics so far. My damage is half of what rogues, monks, DH, and ENH Shaman are dishing out. Feels like the age of melee.
    Yes. Fire mage sucks except if you are Imfiredup or Gingipumper and have a team of pro-players pulling around your CD’s in M25…

Which is what Blizzard seems to balance around….

Quote Originally Posted by Kul View Post
    Yes. Fire mage sucks except if you are Imfiredup or Gingipumper and have a team of pro-players pulling around your CD’s in M25…

Which is what Blizzard seems to balance around….

100% True.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Don't expect to dethrone melee in dungeons. But that's nothing new, really.
    What game are you playing, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    What game are you playing, sir?
    A game from 2 years ago, which is when that post was made?

Are you alright? Everything okay at home?