Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The pain starts after you hit level 70.

Unlike other expansions, the faction reputation grind is mandatory for the campaign.
    The random heroic requires very high gear ilevel.

Did you play the last few xpacs at all?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Unlike other expansions, the faction reputation grind is mandatory for the campaign.
    Did you not play any of the last expansions? You know, when you had to wait for your adventure table to complete before moving on in the class hall/war campaign? Or waiting a week or two between campaign quests because you didn’t have enough Renown because you only got 2 a week?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, the game requires you to play it to unlock things. What ever shall we do.

Hc requires 342 ilvl. If you have some gold, you can buy a few crafted pieces. I remember buying a 1h for 1k gold at 340 ilvl. You can do some pvp WQs (or grab chest that falls) and get 366 blood coins gear. I didn't have 342 either when I reached 70 so I finished a few of the normal dungeons for some pieces. Then did Wrathion weeklies and you get a couple pieces. The weekly chest rep thing gives a 363 weapon or offhand.
    I also farmed rep for the azure cobalt 389 ring but the rep farm has been nerfed since.
    By your post I am assuming you don't do M0. I went in at 346, but some of my friends I went with were around 325.

I don't know, there are many options to gear up. I'm currently 372 in less than a week and I am not that far in rep (centaurs give item at 11 rank, but I'm not there for example). Point being, if you play, you get gear. If you target gear, you can get it pretty fast. But yeah, you do need to actually play.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-12-04 at 06:26 PM.

-These faction campaigns are OPTIONAL. To progress in the real "campaign" you need to wait until the season starts.
    You're literally like 325+ after hitting 70 (if you quested your way up). With that gear, you can literally jump right into mythic0 dungeons via group finder and do just fine.

Nothing's new compared to the other expansions, you always grinded rep for stuff after getting to max level. And what do you mean about heroics ilvl? I litterally hit 70, did normal random dungeons for about an hour, bought 2 items on the auction house, and went straight into heroics.

Even if it takes you longer, the game has always been about improving your character to progress further. Not doing everything as soon as you hit max level, is not a negative thing imo.

as for reputations in previous expansions thats a lie, as for heroics, i dont even know what minimum for them is, i ran like 2-3 normals at max lvl and noticed i can already queue for heroics...
    though you can enter HC without any gear at lvl 70 with premade group, so just find 4 friends (or at least people able to tolerate you via finder) and you can enter... though judging by the post i can see how that can be a problem...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-12-04 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    as for reputations in previous expansions thats a lie, as for heroics, i dont even know what minimum for them is, i ran like 2-3 normals at max lvl and noticed i can already queue for heroics...
    I doubt that you can reach ilevel 342 with 2-3 normal.

However, there was a bug at launch.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ent_increased/

I doubt that you can reach ilevel 342 with 2-3 normal.

However, there was a bug at launch.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ent_increased/
    What has this link got to do with the lies you're pushing in your OP? Reputation is not mandatory and ilvl needed is not very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

People had issues getting into Heroic? Also people run Heroic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

What? I hit 70 and within an hour was in heroics. Now, I had the advantage of using professional items to boost my item level, but that saved me maybe 1-2 hours extra of gearing. Getting into heroics was not an issue, and I haven't felt forced to do any of the reputations (yet) at item level 372 equipped.

Nobody wants to play World of Warcraft less than World of Warcraft players

1+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't. You get it from just doing WQs and some normal dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    342 isn’t a high gear level. I got it two evenings after hitting 70 by running regular dungeons and a single M0 with some friends. Doable.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    No, it doesn't. You get it from just doing WQs and some normal dungeons.
    Hell, you get better gear from said WQs than the Heroics even drop.

Unlike previous expansions tho, which ALSO required you to grind reputation for the post-endgame story content, you can just... farm and farm and farm. No weekly lock outs, no hard stop... go and do stuff. And if i feel like it i can sit down a sunday afternoon and just farm random crap with random people or just go and pick up piles of dirt everywhere on the island and make significant reputation progress without being told to go to X and do specific 3 Ys once a day or week.

Its not 1/5 the pain of almost every previous grind i had to do.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Just an FYI, profession accessories were bugged to hell and giving people like me +20 item levels for no reason. That was personally how I got into heroics after barely any normal dungeons and likely the reason a bunch of other people here are saying it didn't take any time.

But honestly, heroics are so undertuned they might as well remove the gear requirement.

You can get 342 doing 0 normal dungeons.

WQs and events give plenty of gear

Try doing some quests and few normal dungeons. "Very high" lol what.