10+ Year Old Account

GOP Official Sentenced to 11 Years for Sex Traffcking

Ongoing In: GOP the party for sex predators.
    The Orlando Sentinel reporting was key to uncovering sex traffcking here and also of Jeffery Epstein.
    Will these crimes eventually catch up to Matt Gaetz? Will the GOP even censure the guy?

Matt Gaetz’s Pal Will Spend the Next Decade Behind Bars

Joel Greenberg, the corrupt Florida tax official who tried to reduce his jail time by telling the FBI that Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) paid for sex with a teenage girl, has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.

The hefty sentence comes close to the decade-plus prison time that federal prosecutors requested—and didn’t seem to give credence to his value as a government witness in a dozen other investigations into the fraud and corruption.

Court Docs Rip Into DOJ for ‘Fiddling Away’ on Gaetz Case
    ‘AS ROME BURNS’
    Jose Pagliery

Greenberg turned his suburban Florida tax office into a small-time criminal operation. He used his position of authority to prey on young women, play a gun-toting cosplay cop, run government computers to mine cryptocurrency, hire his friends as top managers, and give an Instagram model a no-show job. But it wasn’t until he was running for re-election and tapped a shadowy network of Republican operatives to slander a political opponent that he was finally caught.

Sitting in a local jail, Greenberg has been meeting with local, state, and federal investigators for more than a year to rat out his friends. He helped expose Teresa McIntyre, a Small Business Administration employee who broke bad a month into her new job there and eventually admitted to handing out fraudulent COVID loans. He explained the inner workings of a GOP scheme to sway elections by creating non-existent “ghost” candidates, which helped convict Seminole County Republican Party chair Ben Paris. And his evidence gave feds the hammer they brought down on his friend, a former radio shock jock named “Big Joe” Ellicott, who admitted to a bribe and kickback scheme.

But none of these cases is as big as the one that has yet to be filed: underage sex trafficking charges against Rep. Matt Gaetz.

Greenburg, Gaetz, and friend during happier times.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The reason charges have yet to be filed is because they never will be. Gaetz is going to skate.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm just wondering why we keep seeing a consistent stream of sex pests and actual sexual predators within the Republican party. Like, regularly. Often involving children.

Which is especially weird since they keep telling us that we need to "think about the children" and I keep saying that their idea of "think about the children" and everyone else's idea of "think about the children" are radically different things.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The reason charges have yet to be filed is because they never will be. Gaetz is going to skate.
    That was my understanding as well - IIRC, the prosecution said they were not going to file charges.

People like Gaetz are above the law, that's why I roll my eyes whenever I hear people saying Trump will be held accountable for well anything.

Fighting to get this monster the lightest sentence, all to let another monster skate, is certainly the type of prosecutorial misconduct that one expects from our DoJ.

Well, if Gaetz does get through this without any charges I'll owe $50 to a charity per my bet with @Machismo years ago. I think I'd settled on one of the cancer charities. It's sure not looking good at this point, guess being a creepy weirdo who pays for sex with under-age girls and hangs around with highschoolers is just a thing Republican dudes in their 30's do.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    People like Gaetz are above the law, that's why I roll my eyes whenever I hear people saying Trump will be held accountable for well anything.
    Yeah, Garland cultists are as high on hopium as Trump cultists are on copium.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That was my understanding as well - IIRC, the prosecution said they were not going to file charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Fighting to get this monster the lightest sentence, all to let another monster skate, is certainly the type of prosecutorial misconduct that one expects from our DoJ.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts as well.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah, Garland cultists are as high on hopium as Trump cultists are on copium.
    They have obviously learned nothing from Robert Mueller.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts as well.
    It says a lot that Floridians know what he did, look at it, and say "Yes, this best represents us!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Only 11 years? Normal folk would get a lot more time.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It says a lot that Floridians know what he did, look at it, and say "Yes, this best represents us!"
    It's the GQP Cultists in the Post-Truth Era. Reality and facts don't matter any more, it's all about "owning the libs". It's as horrifying as it is commonplace.

If the people who voted for the GQP knew what the GQP did, and were even remotely intellectually honest with themselves, they would never vote for the GQP candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    They don't care and I thankfully moved the fuck out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Only 11 years? Normal folk would get a lot more time.
    Well, normal folk can't rat on their friends that are even worse than they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's the GQP Cultists in the Post-Truth Era. Reality and facts don't matter any more, it's all about "owning the libs". It's as horrifying as it is commonplace.

If the people who voted for the GQP knew what the GQP did, and were even remotely intellectually honest with themselves, they would never vote for the GQP candidates.
    Most of them just look for the R and vote that all the way down ticket. Elections aren't even political for them. It's a team sport. It's why they rioted when their team lost.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Add this to the list of "Every right-wing accusation is actually a confession"