Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Well the only thing we see... is the texture. We dont know how that maps onto a model, and honestly imo I find the multple beaks very odd. It might be some kind of weird amalgamation like Marrowgar/Urzul or something. It does look either haunted, moontouched or corrupted... basically not your typical gryphon.
    It could be textures for different beak options and this is just how the texture files show it. Idk how they did that with dragonriding mounts texture files wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The Fyrn battle pet and "unknown mount A" (no achievement leaked for that one) share several assets that are also shared by other models with a "windy" theme (air/storm elementals, primalist wind totems, some wind spells), so that is indicative for a theme as well as a relation between the two even though they are encrypted under separate keys.

The Storm Rider achievements (and the likely 6 dragon races for it), Squally and Algarian Stormrider share an encryption key that also has a character boost, multiple in-game store assets and other things usual for what would be an encrypted package to release when expansion pre-orders come out.
    Crazy idea, could Fyrn and mount A be items you get with the expansions but usable in classic? Sorta a downgraded version of the Algarian Stormrider

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Crazy idea, could Fyrn and mount A be items you get with the expansions buy usable in classic? Sorta a downgraded version of the Algarian Stormrider
    They're in retail and not in Classic and unknown mount A has indications of dragonriding support, so pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    It could be textures for different beak options and this is just how the texture files show it. Idk how they did that with dragonriding mounts texture files wise.
    Those are stored separately as they use the character customization system (that the encrypted mount, presumably the Algarian Stormrider, also does). It's still possible they'd do it on the same texture, but seeing the mount has more customization options than e.g. the 10.2 mount, there should be far more of those textures. The resolution of the gryphon texture is also relatively low compared to the other customizable mounts, so I'm still not too sure it is connected although it could just be them doing a lower resolution customizable mount for the first time.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2023-10-10 at 03:22 PM.

The Storm Rider achievements (and the likely 6 dragon races for it), Squally and Algarian Stormrider share an encryption key that also has a character boost, multiple in-game store assets and other things usual for what would be an encrypted package to release when expansion pre-orders come out.
    Out of curiosity, is there any indication for how many Traders Tenders are included in the Heroic encryption?

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there any indication for how many Traders Tenders are included in the Heroic encryption?
    No, that would largely be done through Battle.net as Tender is a Battle.net virtual currency, not a WoW currency, the only thing the client might have as an indication is the amount being shown in the in-game store textures, but that isn't visible when they're encrypted.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do we think about this Tempest thing? Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It's likely just an internal project codename for "something".

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    What is this obsession people have with Classic+? This is becoming the new "World Revamp next expansion for sure bro!" or "Tinker next expansion bro!".
    People wanted Classic because of the way it was, and now suddenly they want more stuff added to classic, removing the concept of.. you guessed it! Classic.

I will never understand that logic. First advocate "OMG #nochanges!!!" and then a few months later "OMG we demand more content!!!" One of these things is not like the other.

Note; I am not attacking you! I am not saying you are one of those, but it just confuses the hell out of me
    People want new content with systems and gameplay they enjoy. It's not that hard to understand.

No, that would largely be done through Battle.net as Tender is a Battle.net virtual currency, not a WoW currency, the only thing the client might have as an indication is the amount being shown in the in-game store textures, but that isn't visible when they're encrypted.
    it was datamined a while ago that the regular version would have 500, 750 for the heroic, and 1k for the epic

Idk, everyone is expecting Elemental/Storm/Earth stuff in this thread, but they also use storm-related verbiage for corporate branding/overarching Blizzard franchises too. It might be it, but I'm obviously not going to weigh it as much as the Heroic: Algarian Stormrider with gryphon texture floating around when it comes to speculating.

Well ofr one it's years old. Secondly it's under Blizzards internal corporate webpage. And thirdly I believe someone already found it only refers to a math library for use in various coding or somesuch.

There are other databases with similar names I believe. Storm, I think was one of them,
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    What is this obsession people have with Classic+? This is becoming the new "World Revamp next expansion for sure bro!" or "Tinker next expansion bro!".
    People wanted Classic because of the way it was, and now suddenly they want more stuff added to classic, removing the concept of.. you guessed it! Classic.

I will never understand that logic. First advocate "OMG #nochanges!!!" and then a few months later "OMG we demand more content!!!" One of these things is not like the other.

Note; I am not attacking you! I am not saying you are one of those, but it just confuses the hell out of me
    Some people seem to misunderstand what it means when there are requests for Classic+. Classic+ doesn't mean + as in adding in new content, + means an improved version. Classic+ was about making it work like modern WoW, with all the quality of life improvements and things like the mount journal and appearance collection. Basically, playing classic content in a retail framework. But people whined and complained, "it MUST be exactly the same!" Like, I've been there and done that when it was new. Give me something to make it different, make it better, or what's the point?

Also, the whole + thing came from the New Game+ on the old game Chrono Trigger, where you start the game with all your levels, abilities, and items from a previous game. It doesn't refer to Disney+ or anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well ofr one it's years old. Secondly it's under Blizzards internal corporate webpage. And thirdly I believe someone already found it only refers to a math library for use in various coding or somesuch.

There are other databases with similar names I believe. Storm, I think was one of them,
    Ah i just saw something on Reddit and was led to believe it was a recent trademark.

I wish there was a separate thread for people to talk about classic+ so I wouldn't have to keep skipping through all of it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I wish there was a separate thread for people to talk about classic+ so I wouldn't have to keep skipping through all of it.
    Or you could actually suggest a topic for us to discuss.

We have some additional hints;

Both the S.A.F.E Pilot and Survey Bot battle pets are old and were added in 9.2.0 PTR (but key was made around/between 9.1/9.1.5 PTR), the same patch as the BlizzCon 2023 mount that came out yesterday, so they are unlikely to have to do anything with future content, at least not in a manner that could have been intended at the time.

The Fyrn battle pet and "unknown mount A" (no achievement leaked for that one) share several assets that are also shared by other models with a "windy" theme (air/storm elementals, primalist wind totems, some wind spells), so that is indicative for a theme as well as a relation between the two even though they are encrypted under separate keys.

Just gonna double down on my earlier take that Fyrn and the potentially elemental mount are probably Cata Classic deluxe edition rewards, with Squally being a baby version of whatever the Stormrider is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just gonna double down on my earlier take that Fyrn and the potentially elemental mount are probably Cata Classic deluxe edition rewards, with Squally being a baby version of whatever the Stormrider is.
    I think this is a good call. Damn we have a lot that muddies the waters this year don't we?

AI stuff.

We're expecting a storm/elemental theme, but Blizzard uses storm related terms in their internal stuff "Sons of the Storm" maybe "Tempest".

Then we have Classic era coming up on Cataclysm... which heavily relates to dragons and storms, the current retail theme.

Seems like the Khaz'Algar, Stormrider and Gryphons, thus Dwarves are the only real thing we have to go on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this is a good call. Damn we have a lot that muddies the waters this year don't we?

AI stuff.

We're expecting a storm/elemental theme, but Blizzard uses storm related terms in their internal stuff "Sons of the Storm" maybe "Tempest".

Then we have Classic era coming up on Cataclysm... which heavily relates to dragons and storms, the current retail theme.
    That's before we even get into all the additional complications this time around. In previous expansions we didn't have to deal with the Trading Post introducing all sorts of mounts, pets and transmog that often have strong themes but are wholly unrelated to ongoing content, and so many store promotions also introducing unrelated stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Why neither and not both? We can still get added customisation to the old races and add in much requested new races like Ogre, Jinyu etc. Best of both worlds. I’ll never understand why people wouldn’t want more playable races. Variety is the spice of life.

Broken and Mok’nathal can be a toggle for Draenei and Orcs.
    Because Blizzards designers don't have the free reign to shower us with customization whenever they want to.

They struggle to even represent and maintain the races we already have, adding a bunch of new playable models on top of that just adds to their already overly ambitious workload.

There is a reason why most ARs started out with lackluster options and why they had to postpone AR updates until after the core races got their stuff in SL. (And even then you got core races that drowned in new shit while others got just handful of new options)

So, instead of adding another 6 playable races with like 3 skin options and 4 hair styles, i'd rather they just put all the budget and time they do get into expanding what we already have.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-10-10 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Phrasing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by xputurnameherex View Post
    it was datamined a while ago that the regular version would have 500, 750 for the heroic, and 1k for the epic
    Forgot about those tracking achievements, those aren't encrypted so I didn't really find references to them anywhere, woops.

Just an internal thing (several, really, including what the game gets patch data from on internal clients which is what the Reddit post found an SSL certificate for), not a name for an expansion although now that it's making the rounds it'd be funny if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yeah, this feels like one of the potentially likely options provided Cata Classic is real.