The amulet thing is very interesting and a bit unexpected. Seems like the Void is using him to snatch up Azeroth's worldsoul. I guess it at least makes the Incarnates goal more tangible now. I don't see how they could try to take on the titans by themselves though. Unless the harbinger is a Void Lord.

The Alex / Vyranoth encounter was okay. I don't know why but comes across as awkward. I guess its nice to see Vyranoth get some personality and motivation at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    That's the juicy one out of the cinematics that'll tie in with 10.1.7/10.2. I like the name of the new world tree.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Conversation between Alexstraza and Vyranoth

https://twitter.com/i/status/1678855006899036160
    We kinda needed this, for us to see were Vyranoth is at and it's not looking good. A switch would now be more of a nice surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Xal'atath.
    Wasn't the last time Xal used seen a female void elf model. The one in the portal looks.. night elf.

Edit: nvm hard to tell cus of stance, it's blood elf I think.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-07-11 at 09:00 PM.

So I guess I should make a Shadow Priest and do the Dagger questline huh?

Also tbh, I'm not sure how I feel about turning against the Titans. There's absolutely zero way Alexstrasza is going to be an enemy, because we won't be choosing the Titans over the dragons, right?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So I guess I should make a Shadow Priest and do the Dagger questline huh?

Also tbh, I'm not sure how I feel about turning against the Titans. There's absolutely zero way Alexstrasza is going to be an enemy, because we won't be choosing the Titans over the dragons, right?
    There is this Tyr questline, were Alex is actually corrupted. A fake or perhaps true future, old god stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Ohhhhh so no Murozond

I guess that Chromie rewinded time in the dungeon? Well, if Nozdormu becomes now a different character, not eternally saddened by his future death, could be interesting.

Lets go Fyrakk!! I am really looking forward to see more of this Incarnate, even if I am aware that 10.2 would probably mean his death.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There is this Tyr questline, were Alex is actually corrupted. A fake or perhaps true future, old god stuff.
    Fake or true it's not like it can't be changed. I'm sure it won't come to pass.

Looks like Iridikron may live to the next expansion? With Fyrakk vs the tree as the final boss? They mentioned he's ditching the war and leaving it to Fyrakk and Vyranoth.

Unless we pivot to something entirely different with Tyr after the tree, it could be a two main-patch expansion.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-07-11 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Iridikron may live to the next expansion? With Fyrakk vs the tree as the final boss?

Unless we pivot to something with Tyr, it could be a two main-patch expansion.
    I don't think Fyrakk is the end boss of the expansion.I just don't see us ending it on him of all characters. I'm not saying he won't die(Cause he has to) for the very obvious defense of the new World Tree. Way things are going, someone suggested Alexstraza may not be corrupted but that one Old God minion might of twisted the idea of "Turning against Tyr"

I think the actuality is Alexstraza will oppose Tyr in some way. I hope we don't end another Titan Keeper cause thats kinda dumb and I dislike the Anti Titan theme thats going on here. Best case scenario for me is Tyr kinda sees what Alexstraza is talking about and relents/sees reason or we learn more of the Titans doing the whole "Water charged with Order Magic"
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-07-11 at 09:13 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    She is definitively the only other option.

Maybe N'zoth got Neltharion, but Xal'athat got Iridikron back in the old days...
    Technically, it could be a sort of "Visage" form for Queen Azshara as well. "Beyond the Umbral Veil" seems almost to describe what we're seeing here.

But I think in choosing that particular silhouette, it is pretty likely Blizzard made a conscious choice to tease Xal'atath.

It could be this:

- Iridikron is the "new Deathwing", being influenced by the Void. Hates the Titans and the cosmic force of Order which they represent, so wants to do all he can to bring that down and "save dragonkind" or whatever. He is the "primal power that seeks the end of Order", which can be "bent to serve our ends".

- Xal'atath is the Harbinger that swapped sides to serve Queen Azshara rather than the Old Gods.

- The Harbinger "gathers the children of the first flesh to reclaim what was lost". Apparently, they "must remember their vows and serve those to whom they owe fealty." The children of the first flesh could be creatures that spawned from or were somehow made by or made to serve the Old Gods. Yogg-Saron created mortal Humans and Dwarves (indirectly) by cursing the Titanforged with the Curse of Flesh. So presumably either the Old Gods were the first flesh since they came to Azeroth before that curse, or the first flesh refers to those affected Titanforged and the "children" are their descendants, i.e. Humans and Dwarves etc. So Xal'atath might be rallying people around her. But is she rallying Old Gods, Dragons, Primalists, mortals in general, or what?

- The secrets Neltharion buried will "strike as a dagger into the hearts of his kin". Would these secrets perhaps involve knowledge about some sinister nature of the Titans, given to him by the Void? Is this what Alexstrasza is beginning to wrestle with in the cutscene featuring Vyranoth?

- So now what needs to happen is that "a hunger lost to the ages will be reclaimed", and "a dark heart left broken awaits the taking"? Then the Harbinger will fulfil the "final prophecy" and "complete the awakening", after which Queen Azshara will return from Beyond the Umbral Veil to rule the sea, sky and earth.

Is the dark heart Azeroth's, corrupted by the Void? Is it Alexstrasza's?

What is the hunger, is it referring to Galakrond's power being taken by Iridikron? Does it simply refer to the primal nature of the dragons being restored to them?

In the cutscene, Iridikron holds up the artfiact and says the Harbinger will pry the world from the Titans' grasp. We see him step through a Void-portal to meet (presumably) the Harbinger and deliver the object. Is this object the "dark heart"? Some kind of anti-Heart of Azeroth?

What will happen next, will we see Fyrakk and Vyranoth invade the Emerald Dream while Iridikron and the Harbinger await the final moment to strike and awaken Azeroth as a Dark Titan or Void Lord? Or will we, the Children of the First Flesh awaken from our slumber?

What do they need inside the Dream? Could it be that Life (symbolised by the new World Tree, the Dream, and perhaps even Alexstrasza) is the last thing standing in their way?

Do they only need 10.2 to play out so that Alexstrasza gets to feel betrayed yet again, this time by her sister Ysera? (Beware the eyes of green.) Is that what finally pushes her over the edge, and what lets the Harbinger fulfill the prophecy?

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-07-11 at 09:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really could've toned down Chromies overt childishness in the first few seconds.

Formerly known as Arafal

Looks like Iridikron may live to the next expansion? With Fyrakk vs the tree as the final boss? They mentioned he's ditching the war and leaving it to Fyrakk and Vyranoth.

Unless we pivot to something entirely different with Tyr after the tree, it could be a two main-patch expansion.
    Too many unfinished plots to leave DF without a 10.3. Plus I would be really pissed off if they return to that stupid model. Expansions need to last at least until a x.3 patch.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Looks like Iridikron may live to the next expansion? With Fyrakk as the final boss?
    Maybe but I see his plan backfiring on him. Assuming 10.2 is Vyranoth and Fyrakk assaulting the the World Tree at once, they will be most likely wrapped up.

Which just leaves Iridikron and whoever he is conspiring with to be the story for 10.3. I think its more likely Xal survives and bridges the two expansions.

I can see the final patch being Alex and Vyranoth vs Tyr (and/or Odyn) as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed on Chromie. I'm not that "AWWW" seeing Chromie. Sorry if that makes Chromie fans butthurt but.... its how I feel.

Too many unfinished plots to leave DF without a 10.3. Plus I would be really pissed off if they return to that stupid model. Expansions need to last at least until a x.3 patch.
    Agreed, we need a .3 patch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Although I wouldn't like it, I could definitely see them ending with a 10.2, but leaving characters like Iridikiron for a future expansion. It would fit into their multi-expansion story focus (that they were doing with expansions like MoP-WoD-Legion but apparently everyone forgot?)

So Amirdrassil is the name for the new World Tree? Sounds all right. Although Amir is a pretty common Arabic name, isn't it? Can't be unseen. :-)

Feels kinda clear that Fyrakk will be end boss of 10.2 attacking the new world tree. And now that we know Vyranoth had a close relationship with Alex that she will be the final boss of 10.3 since that is likely to have a red dragonflight focus.

10.0 -> Dragon isles intro (all flights)

10.1 -> Black and Blue focus

10.1.5 -> Bronze focus

10.2 -> Emerald dream & green flight focus (Kill Fyrakk)

10.3 -> Red focus, and since Alex is Queen of dragons all the other flights will likely get some more story here as well. Like seeing Ebonhorn adjust to his position as aspect, Blue flight actually helping now that they're re-unified, etc. Either Tyr or Vyranoth as last boss of the expac. And whether Tyr ends up an ally or enemy hes rezd and his knowledge of early Azeroth will lead us into 11.0 chasing Galakrond to the back side of Azeroth to a continent with a full civilization who successfully resisted the titans influence.
    Last edited by Treegdar; 2023-07-11 at 09:48 PM.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...-companion-app

Wonder why they show off reins of the spectral tiger in this article of all the items they couldve chosen