Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I find it interesting that they used a custom quest marker for the velen quests.
    Isn't that the quest marker used for breadcrumb quests leading to world events? It's the one I remember seeing used for the quests leading to the suffusion camp areas at least.

Maybe it means something different from what I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilas View Post

No, no, no! Odyn needs to fill that role, he's the jerk. Tyr being the bad guy would ruin the Tyr's Gaurd and Silver hands belief system and make it super awkward. I really hope this will not be the case, please Blizzard, don't destroy in-game belief systems lol.
    Not making Tyr antagonistic would however make the foreshadowing of him doing shady stuff pointless.
    It's basic storytelling. You build something up, and then it doesn't happen quite like you wanted it. Which in this case is that we build up to resurrecting Tyr, only to learn that he isn't quite as perfect as the aspects thought.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Isn't that the quest marker used for breadcrumb quests leading to world events? It's the one I remember seeing used for the quests leading to the suffusion camp areas at least.

Maybe it means something different from what I thought.
    It is a general marker for quests that are important or unlock large things (like introducing systems--the catalyst, suffusion, etc.).

7+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* i guess it just doesn't appear often enough to remember.

Formerly known as Arafal

*shrug* i guess it just doesn't appear often enough to remember.
    I can only remember seeing it once or twice, so maybe I am completely off the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is a general marker for quests that are important or unlock large things (like introducing systems--the catalyst, suffusion, etc.).
    Ohh yeah, that's where I remember seeing it. I knew it was something like that.

So i was just checking transmog stuff and the lo'gosh set is inspired by the HotS lo'gosh skin, i think it would be a great idea to bring some hots inspired skins/armor sets to WoW, because many of them just look cool.
    Not sure, but i think even the dreadlord datamined set is inspired by jaina dreadlord skin a little too.

only to learn that he isn't quite as perfect as the aspects thought.
    Not quite as perfect =/= a boss encounter for the next raid/dungeon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that they used a custom quest marker for the velen quests.
    Weekly quest use it as well, seen it couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well no. My preferred expansion would be Undermine. Again, I believe 11.0 is Lightbound invasion purely based on timing and evidence. I haven’t really heard a good counter against the idea beyond a few people disliking Yrel and preferring pirates for some reason.
    The counter has been people calling out your lack of evidence and you presenting your head canon as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    no way vyranoth survives this expansion
    shes going to sacrifice herself or get mind controlled or something

if tyr is connected to decay like it suggests then we have a chance he begs her for help in stopping its spread and she dies but not before showing Tyr the error of his ways because the writers seem to like mcfarlane
    Wait where is the link between Tyr and decay? If it is just Galakrond, the waters were polluted by Yogg - though lore so far silent on whether it was his own essence or something else he used. I haven't done the latest Tyr questlines though, so could be my ignorance showing.

Re: Vyranoth, I dunno man. We already know what lies in her future post-raid thanks to some uncategorised spell effects on PTR, as linked earlier in this thread. It would be like speedrunning Vol'jin's already criminally quick Warchief arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Revamp Man View Post
    I really do want a nice mini raid though...really miss those
    Not unconvinced we won't get a Ruby Sanctum style mini-raid in a .5 or .7 patch. DF is very much throwing conventional content flow out the window, so it is possible.

Odyn could crack it over allowing Vyra into the fold and finally fight us for real. Queue Iridi porting in and bodying him after we weaken him, with his death firing off a distress signal to the Titans similar to the Loken/Algalon thing. Would achieve the goal of baiting them to Azeroth and directly lead into the next expansion.

Granted, I don't think that will be it - just spitballing what they could do with a miniraid. Personally starting to lean towards a reverse-Cataclysm revamp based on the renewal of Azeroth, with the new Tree powercharging what was kicking off at the start of DF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im back once again, what is the consensus on expac announcement on blizzcon, or a stream in april like for DF?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Im back once again, what is the consensus on expac announcement on blizzcon, or a stream in april like for DF?
    Probably Blizzcon proper. Blizzard would want to fire on all cylinders for their 30th Anniversary of Warcraft, 20th Anniversary of WoW, etc.
    Even more so now that a world revamp is confirmed happening. It's no longer a dream, and we are down to a reasonable chance to actually have one for 11.0. The other reasonable option for 11.0 is backside of Azeroth.

I have a feeling that whatever Blizzard announces in November, 11.0 will end up rather differently from what we imagine it to be.

Basically every expansion has.

They always do this unexpected thing that throws our speculation off. Sylvanas breaking the crown, or burning Teldrassil. Yet another frigging faction war when we thought all was well. Nazjatar rising from the sea for a "dry" underwater experience. BfA being a sort if Great Seas expansion and South Seas all at once, but also mixing the Old Gods and a faction war in there, as well as the Heart of Azeroth stuff.

The Dragon Isles might've been a little bit anticipated because it was one of the last known landmasses we had yet to explore, but Primal Incarnates?

I think beyond the re-emergence of Thrall, and (in my opinion) the likely showdown with the Void, anything could happen.

When we speculate, it's probably useful to bear that in mind, and to keep an open mind. Think outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I have a feeling that whatever Blizzard announces in November, 11.0 will end up rather differently from what we imagine it to be.

They always do this unexpected thing that throws our speculation off. Sylvanas breaking the crown, or burning Teldrassil. Yet another frigging faction war when we thought all was well. Nazjatar rising from the sea for a "dry" underwater experience. BfA being a sort if Great Seas expansion and South Seas all at once.

The Dragon Isles might've been a little bit anticipated because it was one of the last known landmasses we had yet to explore, but Primal Incarnates?

I think beyond the re-emergence of Thrall, and (in my opinion) the likely showdown with the Void, anything could happen.

When we speculate, it's probably useful to bear that in mind, and to keep an open mind. Think outside the box.
    I wouldnt say that we end up getting something different than what we imagine, but rather that we get something different from what is being directly hinted in hte final patch. And that rather what we got was the speculation from long before leak season started.
    BfA for instance heavily teased the Dragon Isles in 8.3, enough so that everyone forgot the likely speculation from much earlier of Shadowlands with Sylvanas.

In this case that would mean the backside of Azeroth with Avaloren or whatever, with a world revamp coming 12.0.
    However, I would argue that Avaloren isnt so much heavily hinted that we can be certain that it's the safe bet. It seems more like the kind of vague hints we get that gives room for expansions later. And that the obvious hint was always a World Revamp. Not just because it's always a good bet, but because the timeskip at the end of Shadowlands also heavily hinted at a world revamp.

1+ Year Old Account
    11.0 HYPE is now official!

I'd say that when it comes to the last few expansions that is not really true. Island expansion was the prevailing idea for BfA. Sure it had many additional elements to that but it still was an island expansion. Death expansion was the common speculation for Shadowlands and Dragon Isles for Dragonflight. I'd say TBC and Wrath were also very much expected though social media were nowhere near as prevalent back then.
    Between Cata and Legion then yes, the most common speculation was consistently South Seas/Island expansion which did not happen until BfA. I don't think anyone could have predicted WoD (but it leaked reasonably early and in a very convincing manner). People did expect Legion's theme, just not the location. So I'd say that the community often gets a solid chunk right just not the full picture.

I'd say right now the best candidate remains back side of Azeroth/Avaloren though I think for the first time since it became prevalent before Legion World Revamp is neck and neck. No pirates simply means that, No Pirates. It doesn't mean no archipelago continent on the other side of Azeroth that makes use of all the sea-related assets we have seen in the past year. But Datamining equally has given clues to world revamp so I am ambivalent. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a revamp miracle this Blizzcon.

That said, I always keep to my own idea (not even going to call it speculation, there is no evidence to it) that we could get a visual revamp happening partially throughout multiple expansions that is integrated in the game through an evergreen event system similar to Timewalking.

7+ Year Old Account
    All but confirmed Blizzcon announcement.

We datamined 11.0 preorders a while ago.
    And Blizzard is actively stirring the pot.

Formerly known as Arafal

Probably Blizzcon proper. Blizzard would want to fire on all cylinders for their 30th Anniversary of Warcraft, 20th Anniversary of WoW, etc.
    Even more so now that a world revamp is confirmed happening. It's no longer a dream, and we are down to a reasonable chance to actually have one for 11.0. The other reasonable option for 11.0 is backside of Azeroth.
    Keep in mind the actual anniversary is NEXT year, not this year.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW and Diablo 4 expacs are certain, but of course we don't have direct confirmation (we have undirect though, Ybarra on twitter said Metzen will tell us about WoW future and yearly expansions for Diablo 4 were confirmed).

Less interesting, but still obvious are Cata Classic and Hearthstone new stuff. I wonder how they want deal with WoTLK - make 4th iteration of Classic or remove it like TBC which would cause drama? Or maybe find a way to keep old world in Cata client and move all chars to 4.0? I would love that cause it would give hope to reintroduce old world to retail.

Overwatch 2 situation will be more interesting, I wonder what Blizzard will try to counter current disaster.

There is also new survival game, but it's unknown if it's advanced enough to reveal. If they plan to do yearly Blizzcons again, maybe they want all spotlight on that game on Blizzcon 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Less interesting, but still obvious are Cata Classic and Hearthstone new stuff. I wonder how they want deal with WoTLK - make 4th iteration of Classic or remove it like TBC which would cause drama?
    At the end of the day I think private server popularity has always shown the next step for Classic. Let's face it, classic happened because of it and the popular versions of those servers are Vanilla and Wrath, not Cata and TBC. I think if a Cata version would be created, it might just be created to be converted into MoP Classic down the line with a Wrath Classic staying around forever.

Though imo, everything from Cata forward would be best dealt with in the Retail client with a much more robust timewalking system.

Said something similar in the "next playable race" thread regarding vulpera; everybody clamoring this or that earlier, but vulpera became the next race then. A race that no one wanted.