Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They make little sense as soldiers against massive dragons. Now Chromatus or Ulthraxion, they'd make sense against the Primal Incarnates (and could probably take any two of those on low dif). Heck given their intelligence, I'd say Dracthyr would make more sense as a policing/occupation force; something to keep Azeroth under the Aspects' thumb.
    Meh, fair. I think I was automatically assuming that this was a decision made after Neltharion's corruption, whereas it would actually make a great deal of sense if they were intended to subjugate the mortal races and preempt any further defiance of the Aspects.

I would add, however, that I think they probably would be useful in disposing of the Primal Incarnates because a swarm of smaller animals with a great deal of offensive power can be pretty excellent in killing larger prey.

As for Neltharion's corruption, I think it was probably quite gradual. If the Old Gods whispered to him of the Black Empire and he used his mastery of the Earth to locate ruins and piece together information hidden or destroyed by the Keepers and especially Odyn, he was probably distancing himself from Order well before he embraced the Void. So he likely wanted security against the Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    OMG! New prophecies! UTTERING THE RETURN OUR OF QUEEN AZSHARA! *instant kneel* The world shall BRRRRREAK and be remade in her image!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/is-patc...31539#comments
    I think it is Xal
    The umbral veil can be the void
    Then the talk about she has transcended the circle of stars which we know was a prison for an old god
    Iridikron was said to have made dark deals and the Djaradin elders were said to have gone deep underground with nobody knowing exactly what happened

Add the fact that season 2 will have Djaradin and titan dungeons along with brackenhide where decay which is hinted at being tied to old gods is...I'm almost positive we are going to see knaifu return in her full glory and likely those who kept the gift of nzoth will hear more

- - - Updated - - -

Also the torches were from void whispers
    Now that the oath stones are empowered again we will see their actual purpose

I'm gonna speculate that they are tied to another prison hence why they are referred to as keys as well as torches. Now we must also look back at other related whispers and journals with the "do not trust the emerald eyes" one and "the lord of ravens will turnthe key" being the two that catch my attention

Currently the only emerald eyes that are relevant right now are chromie. The ravens could be referring to odyn however I believe it is the much more obvious Khadgar and I also believe he is the harbinger even if it is unknowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I've rarely seen a dracthyr while sober, so there may be something to this.
    ...Shit, we're on to a conspiracy here.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Both are laughable though? Next expansion will either be void/light themed or a revamp.
    I believe the next expansion will be Yrel light army invasion. Blizzard has been in this sequel loop recently, with Shadowlands being a sequel to WotLK and Dragonflight being a sequel (of sorts) to Cataclysm. I’m willing to bet that the sequel to WoD is up next. Especially given that 11.0 will be WoD’s 10th anniversary and WoW’s 20th anniversary.

After that, I would hope that Undermine is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I think it is Xal
    The umbral veil can be the void
    Then the talk about she has transcended the circle of stars which we know was a prison for an old god
    Iridikron was said to have made dark deals and the Djaradin elders were said to have gone deep underground with nobody knowing exactly what happened

Add the fact that season 2 will have Djaradin and titan dungeons along with brackenhide where decay which is hinted at being tied to old gods is...I'm almost positive we are going to see knaifu return in her full glory and likely those who kept the gift of nzoth will hear more

- - - Updated - - -

Also the torches were from void whispers
    Now that the oath stones are empowered again we will see their actual purpose

I'm gonna speculate that they are tied to another prison hence why they are referred to as keys as well as torches. Now we must also look back at other related whispers and journals with the "do not trust the emerald eyes" one and "the lord of ravens will turnthe key" being the two that catch my attention

Currently the only emerald eyes that are relevant right now are chromie. The ravens could be referring to odyn however I believe it is the much more obvious Khadgar and I also believe he is the harbinger even if it is unknowingly.
    Suggestion:
    Emerald eyes - Emerald Dream - Ysera (recently returned) or another of her flight?
    The lord of the ravens: Khadgar, current wielder of Atiesh, or Medivh, the "original" raven themed guardian (last sern flying off into the nether in return to Kharazhan).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

It will be simply weird not to have Odyn return at some point in Dragonflight tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers are confirmed. Doubters will be the first to be discombobulated during the takeover.
    Not so much confirmed, but merely a byproduct of Blizzard saying there will be future classes, and them saying that they want players to experience Undermine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I believe the next expansion will be Yrel light army invasion. Blizzard has been in this sequel loop recently, with Shadowlands being a sequel to WotLK and Dragonflight being a sequel (of sorts) to Cataclysm. I’m willing to bet that the sequel to WoD is up next. Especially given that 11.0 will be WoD’s 10th anniversary and WoW’s 20th anniversary.

After that, I would hope that Undermine is next.
    Kinda skipped one there buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Suggestion:
    Emerald eyes - Emerald Dream - Ysera (recently returned) or another of her flight?
    The lord of the ravens: Khadgar, current wielder of Atiesh, or Medivh, the "original" raven themed guardian (last sern flying off into the nether in return to Kharazhan).
    I don't trust her because of the thing in Legion where she planted a seed of the void in the dream but there's also the case of the locks in ulduar being magically aged

There's a traitor amongst the main cast and while my instinct is to say it is Sabellian I honestly don't trust any of them except kalec and Alex

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Kinda skipped one there buddy
    Yeah, it would be rather difficult to create a sequel to MoP. That expansion's story is pretty confined to Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, it would be rather difficult to create a sequel to MoP. That expansion's story is pretty confined to Pandaria.
    If you could pluck out the heinous Sylvanas story arc then BfA is very much a recycle of MoP's themes.

Catalyst event leading into a faction war, Jaina's character development, Old Gods, Zandalari, and even going back to Pandaria in 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If you could pluck out the heinous Sylvanas story arc then BfA is very much a recycle of MoP's themes.

Catalyst event leading into a faction war, Jaina's character development, Old Gods, Zandalari, and even going back to Pandaria in 8.3.
    Very good points. I suppose the “sequel” to MoP is handled then. That strengthens the possibility of a Yrel invasion expansion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-02-24 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way is DF an Cataclysm sequel? The elementals?

Baine being traumatized by being a centaur abductee and hating centaur and most importantly not learning his lesson for sure by the end is probably the most interesting thing to have happened to his character since he was a defense attorney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It will be simply weird not to have Odyn return at some point in Dragonflight tbh.
    I dread this because it'll be to kill him.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In what way is DF an Cataclysm sequel? The elementals?
    And the dragon aspects along with the connections to Deathwing.

Perhaps "sequel" is too strong a wording. Maybe more like a thematic and conceptual mirror?

Baine being traumatized by being a centaur abductee and hating centaur and most importantly not learning his lesson for sure by the end is probably the most interesting thing to have happened to his character since he was a defense attorney.
    It appears to be a natural development after being lobbed off a five-foot overlook by a bald man and sitting, presumably non-ambulatory, in the middle of Oribos for the entirety of two years.

Looks like the 10.1 zone name may have leaked. Spoilers!

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/16...C46ZDGhJstAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It appears to be a natural development after being lobbed off a five-foot overlook by a bald man and sitting, presumably non-ambulatory, in the middle of Oribos for the entirety of two years.
    Driven mad by being too spineless and weak to successfully kill an unconscious woman Baine has regressed to his childhood while simultaneously amusing himself by reading the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Maraudon.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

I dread this because it'll be to kill him.
    On one hand, it would bring me immense pleasure to do so. Conversely, it would also permanently dispose of one of the few passably interesting characters left in the narrative and continue to cement the general trend of reducing the cast exclusively to the most banal, one-dimensional cardboard cutouts of people, whose flavor and texture is consistent with their cardboard composition. Most authors may be interested in upholding Odyn for a teensy bit longer and try to give him a complete arc, but I'd guess that Blizzard is more inclined to the former option.

Baine has regressed to his childhood while simultaneously amusing himself by reading the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Maraudon.
    It's one of the few talents he's ever cultivated. At the very least, doing positively nothing of importance and being kidnapped by Centaurs ensures he remains recognizable in his current state as the same person from Warcraft III, which is more than can be said for most of the main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    On one hand, it would bring me immense pleasure to do so. Conversely, it would also permanently dispose of one of the few passably interesting characters left in the narrative and continue to cement the general trend of reducing the cast exclusively to the most banal, one-dimensional cardboard cutouts of people, whose flavor and texture is consistent with their cardboard composition. Most authors may be interested in upholding Odyn for a teensy bit longer and try to give him a complete arc, but I'd guess that Blizzard is more inclined to the former option.
    In general my preference would be keeping characters like Odyn (and his counterpart Helya) basically perpetually alive. For a world to feel large it must have constant entities and if anything has really scalped WoW it's going through basically every established character and concept and tying them up in a bow. Lack of resolution for non-pressing issues means they can be used for future story fuel.

It's one of the few talents he's ever cultivated. At the very least, doing positively nothing of importance and being kidnapped by Centaurs ensures he remains recognizable in his current state as the same person from Warcraft III, which is more than can be said for most of the main cast.
    Genuinely in shock. As a long-time advocate for how Baine is completely unsalvagable, my mind isn't changed, but my main premise has always been that it'd be much easier to just characterize a new character than deal with his baggage. In this case, they've actually constructed a story that hinges on Baine's background in a way no other character would manage. Also Baine never interacting with a centaur before means that him being upset about the people who hunted his people for sport and hurt him personally isn't a retcon. If anything the weak link of this story is that the Maruuk are so fucking boring and that reasonable tauren trepidation of them is the most interesting thing to have come out of them.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-02-24 at 03:37 PM.