Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    "Azeroth is home."

Imagine an expansion where they announce Old world revamp as a massive terrain for player housing.
    And Avaloren / Other Side of Azeroth as the new leveling/dungeons/MSQ etc continent.

This way they won't have to develop thousands of quests to fill a revamped EK+Kalimdor, but "only" some events or other features to support the new Housing system.

Then Cataclysm Classic will serve as a backup of the pre-revamp.

And cherry-on-top would be something to do with classes, like 4th specs or class skins (Necro for locks, witch doctor for shamy, drust magic for druids, etc)
    I mean sure it would be amazing. I can imagine that. I can also imagine winning the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    "Azeroth is home."

Imagine an expansion where they announce Old world revamp as a massive terrain for player housing.
    And Avaloren / Other Side of Azeroth as the new leveling/dungeons/MSQ etc continent.

This way they won't have to develop thousands of quests to fill a revamped EK+Kalimdor, but "only" some events or other features to support the new Housing system.

Then Cataclysm Classic will serve as a backup of the pre-revamp.

And cherry-on-top would be something to do with classes, like 4th specs or class skins (Necro for locks, witch doctor for shamy, drust magic for druids, etc)
    I think that new specs in 11.0 is practically guaranteed.

Regarding your idea of a world revamp, I do not think that housing would be able everywhere. It would probably be instanced content, as the Garrison was.

Focusing on the revamp, you bring some interesting ideas. It is an endless discussion how the revamp would happen. I think that we might get it in 11.0 in different ways:

- Old world is revamped from zero and it is the main focus of the expansion + Khaz Algar as a new zone somewhere.

- Old world is revamped from zero + Khaz Algar as an endgame zone and at the same time as the first zone of a new continent that would be expanded in patches and expansions.

- We get the usual new continent with Khaz Algar as a new zone + Some Old world revamped zones from zero. The Old world revamp would continue through patches and expansions while telling a new story and acting as evergreen content.

I just do not see a world revamp just for housing. Maybe as a base for future content, but again, having seen the zones already without a questing experience would be very detrimental to the feeling of exploration IMO.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-10-01 at 05:22 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing that an Earthern city is going to be part of 11.0, is it finally time for them to take the lessons of Deepholme and Zaralek and make a full-underground expansion?

You know, like underneath a revamped old world?

Glowy red holes optional.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Theory: the Mother Oathstone was never meant to respond to any of the Aspects in the first place, but to Tyr himself.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It would be cool if they added one new zone on each continent to have a reason to travel everywhere on Azeroth,

Khaz Algar= Northrend, Frostborn, Yogg
    ????= Pandaria, Jinyu, Yshaarj
    Under Silithus= Kalimdor, ????, Cthun
    ????= EK, ?????, Nzoth??

And if you wanted to include the islands, you could do Zuldare and something new for Kul Tiras.
    Don't see what's cool about it, absolutely horrible idea. This is return to completely disjointed expac area from Cataclysm and Shadowlands. Don't only it means loading screens on every corner, but also you wouldn't visit any old continent anyway, cause you always would go straight to new zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that new specs in 11.0 is practically guaranteed.
    Or maybe there would be way to transform any DPS spec into support through new talents or something else. Pure support spec turned out to be huge headache for people who work on tuning.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2023-10-01 at 06:46 PM.

So... it's time to summarize the whole topic

Quote Originally Posted by vintage79 View Post
    So... it's time to summarize the whole topic

You know what, that's a pretty good sum up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharix View Post
    For those who haven't seen, Keyboardturner datamined a gryphon texture back when the 10.2 PTR first came online.

This reminds me this :

or this :

Last edited by Valysar; 2023-10-01 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    This reminds me this :
    I can see it, certainly. Definitely a necromantic kind of vibe.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Theory: the Mother Oathstone was never meant to respond to any of the Aspects in the first place, but to Tyr himself.
    Possibly. It's unlikely the titans would let the dragons alone reclaim their power. I just dislike the whole oathstone storyline in general. It just doesn't make sense why they exist in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I can see it, certainly. Definitely a necromantic kind of vibe.
    Remember the rhyme,
    blue green, necromantic sheen
    green blue, mistweaver is you
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Or maybe there would be way to transform any DPS spec into support through new talents or something else. Pure support spec turned out to be huge headache for people who work on tuning.
    What do you mean? Augmentation appears to be a huge success. If I had to guess Demon Hunter will get a Support spec.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-10-01 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What do you mean? Augmentation appears to be a huge success. If I had to guess Demon Hunter will get a Support spec.
    As a DH main, I would welcome a support spec, although I rather have a ranged DPS spec, if possible implicating bows.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's the buzz on the new zones right now? We've got Eathern/Khaz Algar so far for Zone 1. Zone 2/3/4?

Avaloren sounds very 'knightly' (i.e. Avalon) Gives me paladin/Hand of Tyr vibes.

I thought DF was the 'Titan-themed' expansion, so idk if they'll continue with that.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

As a DH main, I would welcome a support spec, although I rather have a ranged DPS spec, if possible implicating bows.
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    What's the buzz on the new zones right now? We've got Eathern/Khaz Algar so far for Zone 1. Zone 2/3/4?

Avaloren sounds very 'knightly' (i.e. Avalon) Gives me paladin/Hand of Tyr vibes.

I thought DF was the 'Titan-themed' expansion, so idk if they'll continue with that.
    If Dragonflight is any indication, they will be completely random letters & words.

Avaloren Continent: Khaz Algar, Domoluliis Wastes, Violet Reaches, Zividivilas, The Creeping Dunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why not both?
    Sure ¡¡ That would be awesome ¡¡ I just would be glad with one. Although a Fel Demon Hunter shooting fel arrows sounds really amazing...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If Dragonflight is any indication, they will be completely random letters & words.

Avaloren Continent: Khaz Algar, Domoluliis Wastes, Violet Reaches, Zividivilas, The Creeping Dunes.

That's too true!
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Sure ¡¡ That would be awesome ¡¡ I just would be glad with one. Although a Fel Demon Hunter shooting fel arrows sounds really amazing...
    To be fair I've not rolled one of the additional classes at all and this would get me to roll a DH just for that kind of spec

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post

I like this discussion. So, what types of "biomes" would everyone like to see in 11.0 (can be related to a theme/fanfiction "hope").

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I like this discussion. So, what types of "biomes" would everyone like to see in 11.0 (can be related to a theme/fanfiction "hope").
    Nothing Underground please mr Dev, anysign of that shizz is a total turnoff.

Although I would love to see loadsa Void Shizz I love the Purples and stars.