7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    https://twitter.com/wowhead/status/1...xvHZHFljvN8ivg

HD vanilla leveling gear, with many different tints. Revamp..?
    And this time for realzies!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Christ on a cracker, a real mail coif! And perhaps more interesting: a hint of padding underneath the coif! Unusual in video games and movies that you actually see them wear padding underneath.

Alrighty, now I'm less cynical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Christ on a cracker, a real mail coif! And perhaps more interesting: a hint of padding underneath the coif! Unusual in video games and movies that you actually see them wear padding underneath.
    That's a nice, realistic addition. Kind of increases immersion.

I've been dreaming of HD versions of old items for years now! I'm ready for thisssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's probably a double-entendre, suggesting both the belt's larger size and, due to its position, serving as a sexual innuendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Hrm, that's fair enough if we take it to be true. The veracity of those claims I feel is dubious, given the awful convenience of it, but on the off-chance that it's true I may have judged too hastily.
    Imagine doubting the victim but prefer to listen to angermongering YouTubers XD. Yikes

World revamp with HD more classic looks and races culture stuff would be awesome, besides heritage armors i feel like there could be much more race based customization and transmogs in higher quality.

Also updated racial mounts would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Imagine doubting the victim but prefer to listen to angermongering YouTubers XD. Yikes
    I think you're confused about my meaning. I was suggesting I was dissatisfied with Blizzard's haphazard approach to the problem which created the aforementioned victims, in which they overcompensated on the surface while doing absolutely nothing to resolve the actual problem and continuing to bust unions and undermine the people trying to seek justice for what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I really hope the vintage leather, cloths and plate sets get the same treatment... and that they don't stop there! Giving HD visuals to the old sets has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I've been dreaming of HD versions of old items for years now! I'm ready for thisssss
    If only they had taken the opportunity to tone down those spaulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If only they had taken the opportunity to tone down those spaulders.
    I don't mind them, but I agree this would have looked 10 times better with the spaulders size reduced to 60-80% of what it is now.

I don't mind them, but I agree this would have looked 10 times better with the spaulders size reduced to 60-80% of what it is now.
    It's not just the size. The rest of the armor makes an attempt to be realistic. Why do we have fluted pauldrons with gaps large enough to effectively guide a broadsword to strike the shoulder and sever the arm more cleanly??? Yes, metal pauldrons did have this layered appearance but that was just articulation and you could barely slip a dagger through them.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw on Dragonriding and existing mounts.

What if we get access to a Dragonriding version of an existing model (e.g. Cloud Serpent) and then owning the many different variations of that model (Heavenly/Thundering, Colors) just unlocks customization options on it? No idea what you'd do about ground mounts though (I would love for them to try actual mounted combat but the effect in pvp would be crazy).

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/tbc/item=320...-of-wild-magic

I need this updated, along with the rest of the set in the same color.

The new shaman tier in 10.1 has them in high res.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually scratch that, it has dragons not wolves. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sounds awful honestly.

But that would truly be WoD 2.0 by adding a bunch of false timelines that have no permanence to the main story.
    Did...did you miss the entirety of Legion? You know where alternate Gul'dan initiates a new invasion of the Burning Legion? There may have also been a sword that slightly altered a zone at some point.

Additionally we learn that the light ultimately scours away life as well, as seen on alternate Draenor under Yrel, we may have also taken some refugees from that timeline as well.

This "impermanence" you lament looks an awful lot like claiming cooking is impermanent just because somebody neatly cleaned up after they made a mess. It still happened, just as much as everything else.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I really hope the vintage leather, cloths and plate sets get the same treatment... and that they don't stop there! Giving HD visuals to the old sets has so much potential.
    I'm unsure by this point of the justification for these updates, but they're certainly welcome in any case. Whether it be to prepare us for a world revamp or just as part of a general undertaking to update older sets, this is welcome. Hopefully these updates continue.

On that note, one thing I find amusing and nostalgic in simultaneity is the retention of the objectionable color palettes that defined older sets. I suppose they're really trying to stick to the spirit of the original, for better or worse.

Also, there's been another new datamined model—a scythe themed after Nozdormu. It may just be a reward for something, be it a trading post item or something for an upcoming Bronze Dragonflight reputation faction, or it may be something he actually uses at some point. It's a fitting thing to give him a scythe, on account of that particular tool's association with inevitability and time vis-à-vis the Grim Reaper. More pertinently, it would also look exceptionally villainous in a certain other color scheme—such as, say, black, white, and blue.

I'm unsure by this point of the justification for these updates, but they're certainly welcome in any case. Whether it be to prepare us for a world revamp or just as part of a general undertaking to update older sets, this is welcome. Hopefully these updates continue.
    So far I'm leaning for the latter rather than a full world revamp: proofs are accumulating between the sets and the unused buildings and assets, but for all we know these could very well be integrated into a future patch content (that has us time-travelling for example). Fingers crossed for world revamp and/or more old set updates in any case!

10+ Year Old Account
    They better continue update those old sets.

I used to have a bunch of them back in WoD as transmog sets.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

On that note, one thing I find amusing and nostalgic in simultaneity is the retention of the objectionable color palettes that defined older sets. I suppose they're really trying to stick to the spirit of the original, for better or worse.

Also, there's been another new datamined model—a scythe themed after Nozdormu. It may just be a reward for something, be it a trading post item or something for an upcoming Bronze Dragonflight reputation faction, or it may be something he actually uses at some point. It's a fitting thing to give him a scythe, on account of that particular tool's association with inevitability and time vis-à-vis the Grim Reaper. More pertinently, it would also look exceptionally villainous in a certain other color scheme—such as, say, black, white, and blue.
    This would be cool to get as a “hidden transmog reward” from killing a Murozond boss.
    This color for LFR-Heroic, and an infinite color for Mythic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    This would be cool to get as a “hidden transmog reward” from killing a Murozond boss.
    This color for LFR-Heroic, and an infinite color for Mythic.
    I'd figure it'd be something of that nature—I'm definitely expecting Murozond to pop up, either in this expansion or in the next. I'm thinking it's possible he'll pop up as part of the end of Dragonflight, then lead us into another go at a time travel expansion alongside Azshara—then, that's only if Blizzard is audacious enough to attempt such a thing after WoD.

I'm also expecting him to probably nab that gauntlet Neltharion was using to control the Dracthyr and turn a number of them against us. That seems like a fair possibility at this point.

Glad to see Fyrakk isn't on there, he may get killed in the campaign though. It would be nice if he and Vyranoth were a dual boss fight
    Vyranoth being the one to realize how they went down a dark path and taking Fyrakk down (figuratively or literally) would make for a nice Song of Ice and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I could see some type of plot where Nozdormu brings back Neltharion pre-corruption because he's necessary to defeat whatever villain. But in doing so, he creates the catalyst event for creating Murozond. Just sounds like a very Blizzard story to me.
    "For this, we don't need just the Dragon Soul... we need the creator of the Dragon Soul!"

Hrm, that's fair enough if we take it to be true. The veracity of those claims I feel is dubious, given the awful convenience of it, but on the off-chance that it's true I may have judged too hastily.
    The same patch that replaced some old painting barely anyone knew about with a fruit bowl also added the Incubus model, a half-naked demon twink.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.