The centaur model being kind of low-poly is the main reason I don't think they planned on them ever being a race. Like not even thinking about the restrictions, but their faces are definitely lower-poly and lower quality than the Tuskarr, Dracthyr etc.

I guess they could do a Nightborne on them and spruce them up, but I doubt it. HOWEVER... if they are going hard on Nelves and Tauren living in Ohnaran together, then I can see it being a real possibility.

I think Tuskarr are currently the most likely. While it is no longer a requirement since Dracthyr, they have men and women to allow additional customization options AND they are an old fanfavorite race for EZ nostalgiabucks. And they have higher quality models (imo) than the Centaur and Drakonids.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-28 at 07:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    like dat
    Very nice, not gonna happen.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

like dat
    [IMG]
    Does that include the... excellent craftsmanship of this piece?

I'd give Centaurs a wind-running ability similar to the Kirin and other horse mounts that "run" on midair. Don't really know how you'd do dragonriding but maybe they turn into Ohnara?

They should honestly start adding in races with lots of restrictions like Centaurs and Naga. The people who like them will play them, they get EZ nostalgia bucks, and the art team can save resource time by restricting armor like Dracthyr.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-03-28 at 08:08 PM.

I guess like this?

Honestly this is a reasonable question. With mechagnomes and then with Dracthyr we are seeing what elements of customization people are willing to sacrifice to play a specific race. Would people be willing to sacrifice mounts? You could give the Centaurs running wild and have them be their own ground mount. As for flight, maybe Blessing of Ohn'ara gives them the ability to air walk like so many wingless horse mounts in WoW. So if you pick to play a centaur, no mount for you.
    And if a Centaur is a valid choice, so are children of Cenarius, so are Naga, heck so are Nerubians (and Naga and Nerubians are ideas that were workshopped for WoW back when they were developing the game).

Its possible guys. Just open your mind.
    Please... Stop... My eyes are bleeding...

Everybody knows that the next AR will be Tuskarr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Naga, heck so are Nerubians (and Naga and Nerubians are ideas that were workshopped for WoW back when they were developing the game).
    Naga I can see—their tails are more anatomically-suitable for riding mounts. Nerubians I want, but I'm not sure if they'd work without mounts of any kind, or if we'd have to get a bipedal race of Nerubians resembling Mantid.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Naga I can see—their tails are more anatomically-suitable for riding mounts. Nerubians I want, but I'm not sure if they'd work without mounts of any kind, or if we'd have to get a bipedal race of Nerubians resembling Mantid.
    I definitely want a humanoid Nerubian/Mantid/Aqir, as well as a more developed Kthir. The Void deserves better races than Velves (which have potential, but not the work put in yet).

Its possible guys. Just open your mind. xD
    Nobody is contesting that you can awkwardly balance a Centaur on a mount. We're contesting that there's a possibility of not making it look like your drawings.

The Maruuk are the most aggressively boring motherfuckers this side of the Highmountain and Liadrin. I'd sooner take the Pariah and that one comic book centaur bringing the Kalimdor centaur into the Horde than that.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Maruuk are the most aggressively boring motherfuckers this side of the Highmountain and Liadrin. I'd sooner take the Pariah and that one comic book centaur bringing the Kalimdor centaur into the Horde than that.
    To be fair, of the few things that may lend verity to the claim that the Maruuk are a viable contender for an allied race, it's that they're insufferably banal. Far easier to squeeze out characters suitable to the present cast from them.

To be fair, of the few things that may lend verity to the claim that the Maruuk are a viable contender for an allied race, it's that they're insufferably banal.
    Can't really argue that one. They at least have a distinct visual design over the Highmountain.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I guess they could pick a model that is winged. The lords could be winged and the viziers could be changed to be winged (make the abdomen part beetle winged)

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean blizzard can get away with making a race w/ only 1 new model that can’t wear transmog…. So at this point I could see Nerubians happening without being able to use mounts. (But would probably have a mount/flight form/ability)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    creativity behind some of these races is terrible,
    Sadly what I feared has happened we've got this new patch and players are just zooming from one rare to another.
    even with Cross realm Orgi is back looking like a graveyard.
    doing the hunt events people are just sitting on a rock mounted waiting for it to end and get the reward.

The devs have to accept the next expansion has to be focused on the well established factions so that part is covered already.
    just adding new continents and races can take a break, Do the siege then kill Capt Lancer. Do the storm quest and kill the boss they summoned
    people even know what area to stand to avoid the AOE attacks for each boss. Avoid the scalerippers as they are the worst to kill

Dragonflight is so predictable and we are just months into it. :/

I think that if we get an Allied Race from DF it would be Drakonids (the big ones) for both factions. It would make sense that after securing the Dragon Isles some of them would be interested in fighting for Azeroth in future conflicts.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Sadly what I feared has happened we've got this new patch and players are just zooming from one rare to another.
    doing the hunt events people are just sitting on a rock mounted waiting for it to end and get the reward.

The devs have to accept the next expansion has to be focused on the well established factions so that part is covered already.
    just adding new continents and races can take a break, Do the siege then kill Capt Lancer. Do the storm quest and kill the boss they summoned
    people even know what area to stand to avoid the AOE attacks for each boss. Avoid the scalerippers as they are the worst to kill

These reasons are very odd. The Centuar arn't for me but they certainly have something to them. They aren't immediately hostile except that one clan. Your experience in Orgrimmar isn't everyone. I also see a lot of people doing Hunts even if I find it odd and prefer world quest hunting daily. Being predictable doesn't mean its bad, thats silly. I can predict some things in movies or games but that doesn't mean its bad and I Didn't enjoy myself, far from it.

Edit: I forgot the Drakenoids look pretty cool and I kinda find them more interesting then Drac'thyr.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can't really argue that one. They at least have a distinct visual design over the Highmountain.
    A design which, curiously, is the only difference between them and a Tauren subspecies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I mean blizzard can get away with making a race w/ only 1 new model that can’t wear transmog…. So at this point I could see Nerubians happening without being able to use mounts. (But would probably have a mount/flight form/ability)
    If they did happen, it would have to be a flight form—I lean towards the idea they'd probably have to be humanoid, though. I can see a legless race working in connection with the Naga, but I think any kind of centaur-type race would be too awkward to handle and make work, and I don't think it would feel very good having to use a racial flight form or a gallop for a mount.

There is another solution.

It's not the centaur that will ride the mount, it's the mount that will ride the centaur!

So those who want to see their mount will see it on their back. To fly it will be grabbed by the legs of the mounts.
    That's the gimmick of the Ogre race, as seen in HoTS

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post

Isn't this basically what always happens though? It's not like the launch events in Dragonflight seemed like they were meant to be evergreen in any capacity. Only the soup one seems to have gotten any updates, and even then mostly just to prevent AFK rep farms.

To me this sounds like you are expecting the impossible. You can't talk about the expansion events growing stale when we just got new content, and even more in well on the way.
    The world revamp dream will never die!