Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Given the size of the warcraft universe the chance of more than one old god randomly hitting azeroth is basically zero. If anything we got extremely unlucky the planet got hit more than once.
    According to Gul'dan and other Legion minions, at least 10.000 worlds were destroyed/taken over by the Legion. And as shown in the skybox of Telogrus Rift and Star Augur fight, other worlds have fallen to the Old Gods.

So No, the number of available planets to conquer has been reduced drastically.

The whole point of the Legion was to destroy all worlds and they did a good job with it, so the Void Lords will have far more chances of hitting Azeroth than they did in Pre-Legion days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Anything as big as N'zoth would have been spotted on approach.
    There's no evidence of this. Azeroth is a big planet and clearly there are still parts of the planet that are unknown/undiscovered, like the part where Avaloren is located, or the land where the Titan facility "Uldaz" was built.

The only satellite orbiting Azeroth is the Vindicaar and it observes only the side of Azeroth where Kalimdor and EK are located. So the Vindicaar will not detect what is happening on other side of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only satellite orbiting Azeroth is the Vindicaar and it observes only the side of Azeroth where Kalimdor and EK are located. So the Vindicaar will not detect what is happening on other side of Azeroth.
    Asteroids that pass near the Earth can be seen by the naked eye. If a new moving star appeared in the sky, people are going to know. The planet also spins. Again, there is no way an object as large as an old god can approach Azeroth undetected without reaching into invisibility magic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    so the Void Lords will have far more chances of hitting Azeroth than they did in Pre-Legion days.
    That’s like really not how space works, and if the legion is shattering planets that could mean a ton more space rubble in the way then in the past not less.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why we entertain this idea.
    If an Old God landed on Azeroth in any recent year, we'd already have like several reaveal cinematics and a trailer because it undoubtedly would be an expansion plot hook.

Even in universe, all of Azeroth would immediately notice a rapidly expansding mass of twisted void corruption growing and burrowing itself down to the World Soul.

Wild Gods and the Elements would probably be in uproar, Azeroth would be screaming Magnis mind off.
    Any bigger Light and Shadow user would probably immediately feel an Old Gods presence.
    All the insectoid races would also immediately start marching to help their new master.

So, even if nobody noticed it landing, everyone would notice the mass corruption that would start taking place.

Formerly known as Arafal

According to Gul'dan and other Legion minions, at least 10.000 worlds were destroyed/taken over by the Legion. And as shown in the skybox of Telogrus Rift and Star Augur fight, other worlds have fallen to the Old Gods.

So No, the number of available planets to conquer has been reduced by an unnoticeable amount.
    Fixed that for you. 10.000 is nothing. Galaxys have hundreds of millions of stars, most of which have multiple planets.

The Legion achieved next to nothing. They took on average 2.5 years per planet. They would need over a billion years for a single galaxy, and there's likely far more than that. It's a waste of time.
    Last edited by huth; 2023-04-04 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Asteroids that pass near the Earth can be seen by the naked eye. If a new moving star appeared in the sky, people are going to know. The planet also spins. Again, there is no way an object as large as an old god can approach Azeroth undetected without reaching into invisibility magic.
    There's also no way an irl planet would survive getting stabbed by giant satanic space sword so I don't know why you would ever think Azeroth follows irl logic.

Furthermore, Void magic can be used to conceal things, so the Void Lords could be concealing the Old Gods when they hurl them into the Cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't understand why we entertain this idea.
    If an Old God landed on Azeroth in any recent year, we'd already have like several reaveal cinematics and a trailer because it undoubtedly would be an expansion plot hook.

Even in universe, all of Azeroth would immediately notice a rapidly expansding mass of twisted void corruption growing and burrowing itself down to the World Soul.

Wild Gods and the Elements would probably be in uproar, Azeroth would be screaming Magnis mind off.
    Any bigger Light and Shadow user would probably immediately feel an Old Gods presence.
    All the insectoid races would also immediately start marching to help their new master.

So, even if nobody noticed it landing, everyone would notice the mass corruption that would start taking place.
    Do we know that they are big when they land? They could be fairly small and grow massive over time

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do we know that they are big when they land? They could be fairly small and grow massive over time
    There is no evidence that the Old Gods are continent-sized when they are created.

7+ Year Old Account
    PTR realms are offline, so new build inc today ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no evidence that the Old Gods are continent-sized when they are created.
    The old gods were always “mountains of flesh”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Mountain size see above.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yet another Pirate/New World-vibes set, perhaps a hint at Avaloren being some sort of Pirates x Light Conquistadors x Exotic Western continent/patch/expansion?
    It might be nothing, but "odd" promo mounts and sets of SL and previous expansions were relevant to what came next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The old gods were always “mountains of flesh”

snip

- - - Updated - - -

Mountain size see above.
    According to the Titans, they are mountains of flesh upon their Creation.

You didn't prove anything, there's no evidence the Titans are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yet another Pirate/New World-vibes set, perhaps a hint at Avaloren being some sort of Pirate x Light Conquistadors x Exotic Western continent/patch/expansion?
    It might be nothing, but "odd" promo mounts and sets of SL and previous expansions were relevant to what came next.

Interesting concept—I've seen people complain about the aesthetic of that armor, but I personally think it looks nice (although the model obviously distorts it significantly, which is probably why some have reacted with revulsion—female Draenei have very exaggerated shapes that don't lend themselves well to detailed armor).

A Conquistador-themed Alliance expedition would be very enjoyable. I'd like to see that be exploited and put into play. I could see the Alliance's new order playing into that.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to the Titans, they are mountains of flesh upon their Creation.

You didn't prove anything, there's no evidence the Titans are right.
    Chronicles is canon until contradicted every thing in it is right until blizzard says other wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Interesting concept—I've seen people complain about the aesthetic of that armor, but I personally think it looks nice (although the model obviously distorts it significantly, which is probably why some have reacted with revulsion—female Draenei have very exaggerated shapes that don't lend themselves well to detailed armor).

A Conquistador-themed Alliance expedition would be very enjoyable. I'd like to see that be exploited and put into play. I could see the Alliance's new order playing into that.
    I for one absolutely LOVE this set. It's giving me mousquetaire with a bard flair! As for any conquistador-inspired faction... I believe it would have to be an antagonist, and it would fit the Scarlet Crusade even better. Maybe Avaloren has been shored/invaded by the Scarlet Crusade as previously discussed on this thread and when the Horde and Alliance find out, they go help the locals... only to discover there's more to it. *laughs in Old God corruption*

I cannot tell you how much of an absolute win that hat is. I. LOVE. IT.

There's also no way an irl planet would survive getting stabbed by giant satanic space sword so I don't know why you would ever think Azeroth follows irl logic.
    Actually, that probably wouldn't destroy a real planet any more than it did Azeroth. Destroying planets is hard. Even if you split off a piece, unless you can get it to escape velocity, it'll just fall back after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I for one absolutely LOVE this set. It's giving me mousquetaire with a bard flair! As for any conquistador-inspired faction... I believe it would have to be an antagonist, and it would fit the Scarlet Crusade even better. Maybe Avaloren has been shored/invaded by the Scarlet Crusade as previously discussed on this thread and when the Horde and Alliance find out, they go help the locals... only to discover there's more to it. *laughs in Old God corruption*

I cannot tell you how much of an absolute win that hat is. I. LOVE. IT.
    From multiple perspectives, and on a human, this set looks very nice. It appeals to a certain appreciation for that particular era and its aesthetics—besides, with WoW's time period becoming so awkwardly inconsistent in terms of aesthetics, it would be nice to sort of concretely slot humanity into this kind of late renaissance/early colonial aesthetic (mid-industrial Gilneas not withstanding). Maybe it would work for Stormwind in particular, since it would keep them more aesthetically-consistent with Kul Tiras and Gilneas?

Pedro de Alvarado is one of my favorite underrated historical gamers (and believe me, he did game), so a villain inspired by him would be very appealing to me. Conquistador-themed Scarlet Crusaders would be an interesting way to keep them fresh instead of reusing them with slight alterations for the fifth time in a row. Wonder what they'd be called, since they'd likely be fairly well-established on Avaloren by the time the expansion begins—the Crimson Colonies? Scarlet Commonwealth? Order-State of Old Avalon?
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-04-04 at 07:28 PM.

Would never use the entire mog but I am interested on the chest, cloak and belt

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Chronicles is canon until contradicted every thing in it is right until blizzard says other wise.
    No, what is Canon is that Chronicles was written from the Titans' perspective. FROM THE TITANS' PERSPECTIVE, the Old Gods were already mountains of flesh. This is by no means ultimate evidence since the Titans are not omniscient. You didn't prove anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, what is Canon is that Chronicles was written from the Titans' perspective. FROM THE TITANS' PERSPECTIVE, the Old Gods were already mountains of flesh. This is by no means ultimate evidence since the Titans are not omniscient. You didn't prove anything.
    Sorry but the canon source of info doesn’t care about your fanfic, there mountain sized until blizzard puts out newer lore saying other wise just as wows lore has always worked.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-04-04 at 07:48 PM.