7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The fact that it's a Trading Post mount is surprising. I know it's most likely a placeholder, whether in name, description, or currency, but still.

I suppose it might be Blizzard making dragonriding mounts based on previous dragon models for some variety now that we can assume it will be a mainstay.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but that was about the first time i had considered it. Before then i just assumed Blizzard would have a coin toss between Wrathion and Sabellian.
    It looks like the netherdrake is a monthly reward and I'm just happy that it's a serperate mount rather then, lets say a Highland drake customization. Let's hope with dragonriding becoming evergreen going forward that the other full transformations get turned into their own mounts down the line too!
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2023-05-02 at 08:27 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The more interesting question is why is this legendary hidden? The legendary Hunter
    bow that Sylvanas dropped was not hidden in this fashion, and was quite visible throughout the 9.1 PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The more interesting question is why is this legendary hidden? The legendary Hunter
    bow that Sylvanas dropped was not hidden in this fashion, and was quite visible throughout the 9.1 PTR.
    For shock effect. Imagine the hype if noone figured this out until it actually dropped.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Also I still find it completely ridiculous when Ion tells us how legendary weapons need to make sense and are iconic lore weapons when almost every one of them was completely made up on the spot when that patch was released and half of them have ZERO lore to them. Like Thori''dal and Raeshalare have NO lore. Valanyr has scarcely any lore (all we know about it is from the 2005 Annual, nothing is really in game). Shadowmourne, Tarecgosa and the Fangs of the Father are items we made during the story.

Heck Oathbinder is already in a much better place than almost any of them. It was featured prominently in a cinematic and then was an important part of the story in this patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iconic is the wrong word, cool with some interesting lore is probably the better phrase go with. Cause iconic has a feeling of being around awhile a lot of these weapons like Nym poked at were new to us so thats not iconic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Iconic is the wrong word, cool with some interesting lore is probably the better phrase go with. Cause iconic has a feeling of being around awhile a lot of these weapons like Nym poked at were new to us so thats not iconic.
    Some of them are not new to us. They are simply non entities. What the fuck was Rae'shalare? When did she get it? it has a better chance of getting lore by becoming a Hearthstone card than in WoW at this point.

Are the Blue Dragon and Tyr stories accessible yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Some of them are not new to us. They are simply non entities. What the fuck was Rae'shalare? When did she get it? it has a better chance of getting lore by becoming a Hearthstone card than in WoW at this point.
    What I always found funny is that the Hunter bow was legendary despite not having any prior lore, and really just being legendary because of the effect. Meanwhile the Rogue dagger also had a unique effect, and more crucially was used to kill Saurfang, making it more important in lore.

I can only assume they made a legendary bow on the sole basis that it was a hunter battle. Maybe if they made it a artifact skin for Thas'dorah in terms of design. Would certainly make more sense as a legendary.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Iridikron's gambit. I think Fyrakk really was thrown to the wolves here. Subtle messaging Blizz ;P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not like patches don't involve lore, either. The complaint doesn't even make sense as stated.
    Yes, to discuss current and future patch content such as lore.

Not the lore content of an expansion that’s 4 fucking years old.

This thread is labelled as a future patches/expansion speculation thread. If you want to discuss the lore of a previous expansion then you are welcome to do so in a section of the forum that is designed and dedicated for that very purpose; as opposed to convoluting this thread with pages and pages of irrelevant posts when people are coming here to discuss and read up on what the actual title of the thread describes.

Also, in regards to the comment a few under yours stating that these threads have always been treated as an unofficial forum chat room - just because that’s how it’s always been used by the regulars of this thread, doesn’t make it right. This is the current and future patch/expansion speculation thread. People visiting this thread will be coming here primarily to discuss that, or read up on others doing the same. If you folk want an MMOC chat room to discuss whatever you please, then petition that to the mods of this site. Any other thread would be treated accordingly if the topic was derailed. Just because you lot unofficially treat this one as a chat room, doesn’t give you carte blanche to go against how everything else on this site is done - just because a select few regulars have determined that this thread is an unofficial chat room.

Now, on topic of future patch content. I had initially thought we’d end the expansion with Murozond as the end of expansion boss and his death cinematic would have been opening up a time portal to ancient Kalimdor that Azshara would hop through setting up the next expansion but with the news that the Bronze flight storyline takes place in the mega dungeon, that seems highly unlikely.

I imagine the final patch is the Earth Primal Aspect fusing with Gakakrond in some way, invading the dream with the help of the old gods and spreads death & decay there and we have to help out. Could give us a mini Emerald Dream continent too like Argus in Legion with three zones.

As for next expansion, I sadly don’t see a world revamp happening. Based off seeded flavour text in Dragonflight, I’m gonna place my bet on an expansion set on this Avaloren or we finally get Tel’Abim as a continent with some heavy Arabic vibes, as a stark contrast to the typical fantasy setting that Dragonflight is. Could possibly have Xal’atath getting up to something there in the background whilst primarily treating the expansion as a MoP sort of deal.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-05-02 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

This is actually quite hilarious.
    Especially when literally nobody actually even considered that a possibility before.
    I am extraordinarily shocked, and I am certain that everybody else is shocked, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXI9Ga5WUU&t=38s

Oh god I am right, Emberthal will be aspect.
    That will be quite insufferable, but I trust in Blizzard's poor writing to lead to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    For shock effect. Imagine the hype if noone figured this out until it actually dropped.
    I think more likely it’s tied to something in 10.1.5. We’re probably not going to get any info on this until 10.1.5 enters the PTR. I don’t think the legendary is tied to Sakareth’s loot in the raid, which is strange. This also appears to be separate from the specialization quest chain in 10.1 PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I am extraordinarily shocked, and I am certain that everybody else is shocked, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That will be quite insufferable, but I trust in Blizzard's poor writing to lead to it.
    I don’t mind Emberthal. Once I got over that conceptual revulsion to Dracthyr as a whole, she grew on me. It’s cheesy, but she has a sincerity to her that I enjoy. She has a definable personality, which is more than can be said of most WarCraft characters these days.
    Last edited by Berkilak; 2023-05-03 at 01:03 AM.

The mole people are nice. I'll take Honeypelt over that irritating Goblin from Nazjatar.

I have never met this man in my life.

Sarkareth isn't a threatening villain when we get a cutscene of a girl stomping on his glove device.

Hated the gratuitous Emberthal wank and the constant putting down of Wrathion and Sabellian.

More fire Vrykul... *snore*

Ebyssian should have died, either from the impact of crashing into the earth or the profuse bleeding from the serrated spear being yanked out of his body.

The mole village should have been turned into a smoking crater. The scene doesn't have much impact when there are only five dead bodies and all of the other vendors are manning their stalls selling stuff like normal and the buildings are still intact, not even caved in.

Looks like after you return to Alexstraza the story becomes either timegated and/or locked behind another reputation grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Yes, to discuss current and future patch content such as lore.

Not the lore content of an expansion that’s 4 fucking years old.
    Which is precisely my point. The complaint did not differentiate and was directed against any and all lore discussions.

In regards to that supposed Evoker legendary, I saw someone point out there's an odd space between the 5 and the 7 in the item level. It does look a bit odd.

edit: Definitely more of a space compared to item levels on live.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-05-03 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The mole people are nice. I'll take Honeypelt over that irritating Goblin from Nazjatar..
    Damned by faint praise. The moles have a much better visual design, but even if they were untextured cubes they immediately win out because they didn't tell me about friendship every .5 seconds.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I don’t mind Emberthal. Once I got over that conceptual revulsion to Dracthyr as a whole, she grew on me. It’s cheesy, but she has a sincerity to her that I enjoy. She has a definable personality, which is more than can be said of most WarCraft characters these days.
    Emberthal is the very model a modern Disney princess. All she needs is a catchy song.

"We're releasing Dragonflight, 10.1. You're going to Minnesota"
    -Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I have never met this man in my life.
    Side questline in Azure Span. They have been pretty good at keeping tabs about what you have actually done this expansion, strange that they fumbled here.