Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

I am hoping, although its terribly unlikely, that they give shadow priests an option to avoid the Old God aesthetics if they choose. It was never part of the original class fantasy and feels forced upon the spec. I would love if it the spec goes back into a more generic state where its up to the players to decide if they are a soul priest, or a mad cultist or a void worshipper.
    I would love that. Its funny to me in that I like the idea of the Old Gods but I absolutely loathe the tentacle and eyeball aesthetic (Xal'atath aside). Like everything from the Ny'alotha raid I hate (outside of how Ny'alotha itself looks anyway). I don't mind the shadow priests right now though, but I'd love variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Not sure how Elune's Realm being the Dream would be headcanon. Seems to make a lot of sense based off what we know, no?
    "Make a lot of sense" is not the same as "is canon". Especially when it is based on no actual evidence like in this case. We've seen a tiny part of the Dream, which is at least the same size as Azeroth, possibly much bigger. There is zero evidence it is Elune's realm, all your claims are based purely on supposition and assumptions with no factual backing. We also learned in SL that Elune's sphere of influence is much bigger than just Azeroth and your claim that Ardenweald and the Dream are counterparts is based on your assumption that the Dream is connected to Elune, making it circular reasoning.

Why wouldn't Elune's Realm be the Dream?
    Why would it be? You provided no reason to assume it is. You just assume it is and then reason from there.

And the Cosmic Hearts aren't just factories. They're major sanctuaries that are also connected to the fundamental pattern of the Cosmology, and serve as the Hearts of each Cosmological Force. This is beyond the usage of basic terminologies at this rate.
    No, they're not. They aren't even called that. The heart of the Shadowlands is Oribos, not Zereth Mortis. Zereth Mortis exists to fabricate the afterlifes. It isn't involved in the actual operation. It's not any kind of sanctuary, either. You're again injecting your headcanon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I would love that. Its funny to me in that I like the idea of the Old Gods but I absolutely loathe the tentacle and eyeball aesthetic (Xal'atath aside). Like everything from the Ny'alotha raid I hate (outside of how Ny'alotha itself looks anyway). I don't mind the shadow priests right now though, but I'd love variety.
    Or they could just go for the whole Shadow, like Shadow is just a shade of the Void. Not necessarily Old God related but close.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Just saw the questline for the Infinite dungeon, its very much lighthearted shenanigans with Chromie leading up to the dungeon opening. Maybe it's a smokescreen for what happens in the dungeon itself, but maybe its a sign that Noz actually makes it out intact?
    How/where did you get the quest? I can't seem to find anything about it on the PTR.

so i just got a look at the mega dungeon encounter journal
    we dont fight galakrond himself so hes likely still a possibility
    with the fact iridikron was an ally of his i have no doubt he actually served galakrond and his end goal with the infinite is to bring back his master and allow his blight to spread across the planet ruining the Titan's plans

Do you think for a MINUTE however that Galakrond, whose head alone dwarfs the Valdrakken castle spire thing, a being who also has no magical means nor excuse of shrinking his size mind you, COULD BE A FUCKING RAID/DUNGEON BOSS??? Think about it...
    To be fair, did we ever even know that other proto-dragons like the incarnates had visages before this expansion? Because that seemed like a pull from nowhere to me. So I could see a sudden "well actually" retcon for Galakrond.

Not that it'd make much sense to fight him in visage form anyway.

If they want to use that as a BS excuse, that could work
    I posted something earlier that's what Blizz would call "current lore."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they already made us slay a Cosmic Lord, and with everything going on, Sargeras may be fightable in the future...so...

Yeah, kinda. BS excuses make anything possible.
    I would say Jailer is on the same power level as a Titan, of which we've fought 2 so far. I know they said Titan+ for Zovaal, but all he really has going for him is Domination magic. If you look at Argus, he flat out killed us. One of the few canon deaths we had (Lich King being another). It took an intervention from Eonar to bring us back.

Yes, Jailer was going to use Azeroth's life force to remake and Dominate all of reality; but any form of magic would be greatly empowered if it was funded by a World Soul.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-05-14 at 07:00 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

That...huh...

I mean, he COULD have had one for Decay, but I doubt it. Seems like the Visages are only for the Aspects and their flights, as well as the Incarnates.

- - - Updated - - -

If they want to use that as a BS excuse, that could work
    Its an idea at least but not one I particularly like. Why fight us in visage form anyway, he could just turn into his usual size and crush us under a foot. But yeah, the visage thing for the incarnates just felt a bit out of left field to me. I might have missed something that said they could adopt one too, but up until that cinematic of the trio after they were released I honestly had no idea they could. So I figured if they could, maybe Galakrond too.

I hope not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Its an idea at least but not one I particularly like. Why fight us in visage form anyway, he could just turn into his usual size and crush us under a foot. But yeah, the visage thing for the incarnates just felt a bit out of left field to me. I might have missed something that said they could adopt one too, but up until that cinematic of the trio after they were released I honestly had no idea they could. So I figured if they could, maybe Galakrond too.

I hope not though.
    Given that you're flat-out told you can't defeat him, i'm not sure he really has a need to.

Whatever happened to the mention of the Jinyu in the game files? "Jinyu v2" or something similar.

I hate to say it, but I'm already bored with the Dragon Isles.

Zeralak didn't help much, it feels very one-dimensional. I hate that it has no pretty sky to look at.
    Right now the only things keeping me going are the exquisite transmog sets and the allure of the Emerald Dream, the rest is just didn't have any staying power.

What I think we need are more story-driven grinds, to be honest. And zones that feel more grounded. Dragonflight has a couple of beautiful zones, but Dragonriding makes you skip them altogether in favour of simply hopping between objectives.

I also think they should give you the option to earn new rewards in the launch zones, because frankly I see it as a huge downgrade to go from grinding in the above ground zones to Zeralak.

Anyway, back on topic.

10.0.0 -> 10.0.5 lasted about 8 weeks.

10.0.5 -> 10.0.7 lasted about 8 weeks.

10.0.7 -> 10.1.0 lasted about 6 weeks (oddly enough).

10.1.0 -> 10.1.5 could last about 8 weeks, placing the release date around June 27th. The Roadmap says 'Summer', which begins June 21st in North America.

10.1.5 -> 10.1.7 could last about 8 weeks, placing the release date around August 22nd. The Roadmap says 'Fall', however, which begins September 21st in North America.

So we might be looking at a situation where one or more of these three patches lasts longer than the ones preceeding it. My guess is they'll extend 10.1.5 by a couple of weeks, since it'll be during the Summer holidays and people won't be too bothered anyway. (I can't remember, does Blizzard close down its offices somewhat during this time?) This will also give the new Evoker spec some room to breathe and any issues get worked out before move onward to 10.1.7.

10.1.7 says it'll feature a Holiday Refresh on the Roadmap. WoW's "Holiday season" in the second half of the year kicks off with Pirates' Day on September 19th, but this is a small event. I'd say Brewfest is way more important, and it begins on September 20th. The Harvest Festival then begins on September 27th. But if you go by the wording on the Roadmap, the patch won't release until September 21st at the earliest. So I suppose it remains to be seen exactly what date they pick and where they draw the line in terms of which Holidays to refresh. Either way, it's safe to assume that come October, the patch will be out already. I'm going to be counting from September 26th just to play it safe.

6 weeks after that, we're got November 7th for patch 10.2.0, which is right after BlizzCon (presumably). I think that makes a lot of sense.

I could see Blizzard using BlizzCon to announce 10.2.5, 10.2.7, 10.3.0, and 11.0, while also hyping us about the impending release of 10.2.0 just around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that it has no pretty sky to look at.

Well it is an underground zone, so I'm not sure what you even expected. As for grinds, well I already spoke my piece on it but it can't be infinite so to speak. Not that I'm bored.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well it is an underground zone, so I'm not sure what you even expected. As for grinds, well I already spoke my piece on it but it can't be infinite so to speak. Not that I'm bored.
    Kind of an odd statement. I didn't say I expected anything, just that I now wish Zeralak wasn't a dratted cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Kind of an odd statement. I didn't say I expected anything, just that I now wish Zeralak wasn't a dratted cave.
    It's definitely an interesting experiment. And now that it's done we can confidently state that it isn't really a great idea in the future.

As a nice consolation price, it does mean that we probably won't get one later for the really big patch areas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's definitely an interesting experiment. And now that it's done we can confidently state that it isn't really a great idea in the future.

As a nice consolation price, it does mean that we probably won't get one later for the really big patch areas.
    What, because a few people don't like it? It's not like it isn't working or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

If it's a failed experiment, that would be quite a shame. There's plenty of ways to make a good underground zone, and I could see an expansion set in, say, Azjol-Nerub working well if the space isn't too claustrophobic.

Nothing wrong with the concept of being underground - heck one of my favorite MMO expansions of all times was mines of Moria for Lotro, and that was a massive entire expansion and it was entirely underground and I loved it; and to put size into perspective, Moria alone in LOTRO ir roughly ~50km2, the entirety of Kalimdor in wow is roughly 72km2

(Though I will say once I finished it and emerged out of the east bate next to Lothlorien I was like "Grass! Trees! Sun! I missed you!" lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why it fails..... If anything I want to see what Blizzard can do in the future with underground zones. Like I don't care for desert zones but they don't fail because of the theme.

More world content? Yeah definitely.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-05-15 at 12:42 AM.

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If it's a failed experiment, that would be quite a shame. There's plenty of ways to make a good underground zone, and I could see an expansion set in, say, Azjol-Nerub working well if the space isn't too claustrophobic.
    Dude, zone already was released, it's not failed experiment. If any zone caused technical troubles during DF so far, it was Azure Span with cooking event.