I like the "let's bring back some random old characters as quest givers!" that they do here, hopefully some of them are gonna accompany us further down.

I expected to wake up to juicy 11.0 news
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

I'm not well folks T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

I'm not well folks T-T
    There are still some small piece of dalaran on the ground you can rp in.

how do you feel about the war within? imo it feels more and more like the waiting room for midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    how do you feel about the war within? imo it feels more and more like the waiting room for midnight
    Suuuuure. Just like "A New Hope" feels like the waiting room for "The Empire Strikes Back".

This is such a weird take. Nothing about TWW so far even links to Midnight. It has a clear story of its own. It obviously will link down the line but it's not obvious as if this is a shell that just tries to deliver you further in the story.

I get that many people are more excited for the expansions that are revamping locations we have more of an attachment to but that is a very different thing.

Well that is the inherent risk of any long term story where you know there is something coming after. Odds are that some of the future content appeals to you more.

Most content in WoW could be described as "waiting room for X" if you know what is coming.
    The Broken Shore in Legion was just the waiting room for Argus.
    BfA was just the waiting room for the Shadowlands.
    Aberrus was just the waiting room for the Dawn of the Infinite megadungeon. Etc.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Suuuuure. Just like "A New Hope" feels like the waiting room for "The Empire Strikes Back".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is such a weird take. Nothing about TWW so far even links to Midnight. It has a clear story of its own. It obviously will link down the line but it's not obvious as if this is a shell that just tries to deliver you further in the story.

I get that many people are more excited for the expansions that are revamping locations we have more of an attachment to but that is a very different thing.
    i'm talking about features and system changes. reading the interviews it's clear that tww is going to be another "safe" expansion gameplay wise

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    There are still some small piece of dalaran on the ground you can rp in.
    *insert melting face and skull emojis*

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

I'm not well folks T-T
    Is it actually anything more than part of it? What I saw was just the central Spire of the Guardian from the Legion version. There doesn't appear to be anything else? Dalaran is not small, the Violet Citadel alone should dwarf the current wreckage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rambling Tinfoilhat speculation:

We seem to get information that K'aresh had also a "radiant song" shortly before it was destroyed by Dimensius.

Now, we think that the radiant song is from Azeroths world soul, right? Well, perhaps not! This is what Magni, the speaker of the world soul says:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-rad...poilers-338772
    Magni: "Speaker of Azeroth". Bah. She hasn't been speaking to me.

The one person who should be able to hear the radiant song, doesn't hear it? And if he tries to connect, he get's a backlash.

Now, if we look at how the "world soul" was represented in the cinematic...

A flaming golden orb, that has some blue flames. Reminds of azerite at first from the color scheme. But gold to blue is also seen somewhere else.

Naaru come in different colors, golden, blue, purple.

But back to K'aresh and it having a World Soul. This is not said. The actual quote was:

received a vision not unlike the radiant song.

No mention of world soul. only about visions and the radiant song.

But, radiant song? Who do we know of, that speaks in melodies? Naaru.

Next, lets look at the arathi. We know that they worship a "holy fire" instead of the holy light. Holy fire for certain would fit the description of the "world soul" image from the cinematic. But let's take a look at what they actually have in their zone

This, is the Beledar. A naaru dimensional Ship. The naming convention matches others like the Genedar, Xendedar, Exodar. That it goes from light to void is also unmistakingly a naaru thing. Though, usually if a naaru goes dark, they don't turn back to light so fast, or by their own powers. So something is up there that makes that naaru special.

Now here comes the actual Theory:
    The "world soul" we hear is actualy a naaru, a strong naaru that would be above the prime naaru (like Xe'ra). We do know that there are beings above Prime Naaru from the legions questline, that Elune might be above them (E'lune?) . So, this could be Elune... or someone else (An'she? sounds nearly like a naaru name).
    A similar naaru could have been present on K'aresh (K'aresh could also be a naaru name?). But feeling it's imminent turn to void, as naaru tend to do, these Supreme Naaru can call out in a radiant song. If they are not saved, they will turn to void lords like Dimensius. This would be a call back to the M'uru fight in TBC, where M'uru becomes a dark naaru, before turning into a void "god" Entropius. So, a Supreme Naaru, might turn to a Dark Naaru, and then into a Void Lord?

But, isn't xal'atath the harbinger of Dimensius? Well, we don't know how this relates. Perhaps she was the harbinger of Dimensius because she incited the fall of the Supreme Naaru of K'aresh? And once that naaru became Dimensius, it rewarded Xal'atath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.

I think delves are the most underwhelming thing so far i saw from all the previews and content creators that played the alpha.

Other thing for me are hero talents which are 50/50, because i hoped for more visual changes to go with the hero spec "fantasy", some have more and others have hardly anything new going on.

Still, it's the beginning of alpha, so i hope people will give some feedback about it.

i'm talking about features and system changes. reading the interviews it's clear that tww is going to be another "safe" expansion gameplay wise
    And what's wrong with the gameplay exactly? Why does the boat need to be rocked every single expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is it actually anything more than part of it? What I saw was just the central Spire of the Guardian from the Legion version. There doesn't appear to be anything else? Dalaran is not small, the Violet Citadel alone should dwarf the current wreckage.
    Maybe it exploded and a lot of debris was lost in the ocean? T&E Interview pretty much confirms that this is Teldrassil all over again, so I highly doubt that part of Dalaran survived.

I kinda like these more "chill" expansions, where there is a threat but it's not one big bad god or something like that. It's a nice change of pace having some development of the main villain over multiple expansions than just over several patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Rambling Tinfoilhat speculation:

We seem to get information that K'aresh had also a "radiant song" shortly before it was destroyed by Dimensius.

Now, we think that the radiant song is from Azeroths world soul, right? Well, perhaps not! This is what Magni, the speaker of the world soul says:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/the-rad...poilers-338772
    Magni: "Speaker of Azeroth". Bah. She hasn't been speaking to me.

The one person who should be able to hear the radiant song, doesn't hear it? And if he tries to connect, he get's a backlash.
    Just wanna tag this assumption and say that Magni wouldn't necessarily be the one to actually hear Azeroth's voice if instead this entire time he's just been talking to Titan subsystems intended to keep Azeroth contained and on the path to becoming a Titan. Magni's entire storyline has been him working with the Titan infrastructure and following the suggestions that infrastructure gave him. So if Azeroth doesn't actually consider the Titans to be allies... or if Azeroth thinks that the void incursion might bring the Titans back to finish the job (which is exactly what Iridikron's gambit is), there's not much reason for her to reach out to the person who is really more of the Speaker of the Titans than the Speaker of Azeroth.

King of Diamonds has been made a pawn, after all. (I'm kidding about this line, most of them are intentionally vague memes designed to be over applicable. I really doubt that this was their angle when they wrote it).

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it exploded and a lot of debris was lost in the ocean? T&E Interview pretty much confirms that this is Teldrassil all over again, so I highly doubt that part of Dalaran survived.
    It just feels weird that the entire wreckage is just one single specific structure from the middle of the city. There's lots of other iconic set pieces in Dalaran that make sense to be strewn about if the city exploded or fully crashed and sent things everywhere. Like why would you have the Spire of the Guardian but not any of Violet Citadel's tower or iconic gem thing at the top, or any of the regular street? Or sideways bits of Krasus' landing? Or even any other bits of the architecture from that center section? The Underbelly?

The only explanation I can really think of where Dal is destroyed and it ends up like this is if the Spire itself was teleported out of the rest of the city, and the city itself just vaporized.

I don't like how it looks like this expac focuses mainly on the Alliance. The Horde only has Thrall there, while the Alliance has Anduin, Alleria, Jaina (again), Moira and her son. Well, I really hope that Midnight will then focus on the blood elves and Amani.
    We should stop thinking about which faction gets more stuff in the era of the faction merging. Now all content is wow content with the exception of heritage quests, unlike BFA where you had faction exclusive content and stories. We'll eventually have an expansion focused on horde themes (I'm not counting midnight, horde themes are the kalimdor trio, BE are color swapped alliance) and both alliance and horde will play through it. It's more like Warcraft 3, where you're supposed to play all campaigns for a cohesive and linear story, and not just play one faction exclusively.

As for being upsetabout alliance focus, it was about time as someone who started playing just before cata. Cata to BFA was all about the horde races, characters and inner conflicts with the exception of legion (which got retroactively converted into a very horde-race focused expansion with nightborne and HM tauren), with the alliance being mostly sidelined and an afterthought (no story for uldir, bad cata leveling zone revamps, cancelled draenei raid and hub in wod...), so it was about time the alliance characters and themes get a focus, specially dwarves who have been completely ignored since Ulduar in WotlK and just used as the alliance filler npcs. Horde mains are so used to have all the focus that any expansion that sees that lowered is a massive red flag to them.
    Last edited by allegrian; 2024-04-18 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just wanna tag this assumption and say that Magni wouldn't necessarily be the one to actually hear Azeroth's voice if instead this entire time he's just been talking to Titan subsystems intended to keep Azeroth contained and on the path to becoming a Titan. Magni's entire storyline has been him working with the Titan infrastructure and following the suggestions that infrastructure gave him. So if Azeroth doesn't actually consider the Titans to be allies... or if Azeroth thinks that the void incursion might bring the Titans back to finish the job (which is exactly what Iridikron's gambit is), there's not much reason for her to reach out to the person who is really more of the Speaker of the Titans than the Speaker of Azeroth.

King of Diamonds has been made a pawn, after all. (I'm kidding about this line, most of them are intentionally vague memes designed to be over applicable. I really doubt that this was their angle when they wrote it).
    i mean, this is a good argument for Magni not being able to hear the song. And, he was made a pawn... a pawn of the titans. But until we know further, it could be either, or both. Perhaps he did hear azereoth, because the titan machinery is linked to azeroth, but without the titan machines he can't any longer. Like, a phone call to the soul, but the phone provider went dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if there is a way to access the ingame set tab via the wowhead database? Trying to figure out what tier tints may be for pvp and which ones for pve.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    i mean, this is a good argument for Magni not being able to hear the song. And, he was made a pawn... a pawn of the titans. But until we know further, it could be either, or both. Perhaps he did hear azereoth, because the titan machinery is linked to azeroth, but without the titan machines he can't any longer. Like, a phone call to the soul, but the phone provider went dark.
    I don't disagree that the Radiant Song might not actually be Azeroth, for the record, it could very well be anything. I just wanted to point out that Magni is a biased source and there's a certain amount of gullibility in taking his "I'm talking directly to Azeroth and she says X" as reliable facts. So him not hearing anything now doesn't really tell us much about who is speaking.