Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Sassy, aggressive nerds if you ask me.

You know what characterizes dwarves?
    "Predominantly, Dark Iron dwarves are known for their fiery tempers and fierce determination."
    "All dwarves are known for being stubborn and admiring bravery. As discovered during the first contact between dwarves and humans, the two races share a common love for battle and storytelling. Dwarves are fighters by nature and will do battle even to their deaths, preferring it to living as slaves, which they consider to be honorless."
    I bet you're one of those people who complain about DnD changing orcs to not be inherently evil. Even though Warcraft did that first. It's a common trope, in many ways Bilbo & Frodo Baggins were outliers for their racial stereotype.

JRR Tolkein when characterizing Dwarves: "They're jewish" that's a direct quote; don't tell the Goblins.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-19 at 04:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Merging dark irons with playable dwarves in cata brought the mage and warlock classes to dwarves, although you could say they could already be mages in lore, and weren't in game for balance reasons as in the beta there wera mage dwarves. I think dark iron fire mages look awesome and their beards look more like sorcerer beards than warrior beards, unlike the more braided epic beards from bronzebeard and now earthen.

- - - Updated - - -

So there'll be no mark of mastery in season 4 to get a free heroic or elite piece?
    There is one but you can't get an elite piece this time since it's using the voted recolours non-elite look (unlike the propper pvp items which use s3 looks). So on a hunter you could get the purple pvp s1 ones, not the red elite ones.

Of course they could still hotfix it in but that's how it works on the ptr last time I checked.

And I really hope this is just a season 4 change in order to prevent people from getting the elite items after their season is over. TWW season 1 hopefully has the elite colours again.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2024-04-19 at 04:17 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mate the dark irons were literally living as slaves instead of fighting to there deaths and
    Thaurissan notable got his underlings to do his bidding to steal Ironfoe instead of fighting for it.

By all accounts Thaurissan was charismatic but a coward kidnapping Moria because he was scared of a straight up fight with ironforge and then spending his time swooning over her instead of rising up against Rag or making a real effort to fight If.

Moira had some more balls trying to take over If but once she failed she spends all her time teaching and studying with her son.

There both big fat nerds and as such there son followed suit.
    I'd say bronzebear are also nerds as they are obessed with archeology and such. The only non-nerd dwarves would be the wildhammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Damn, that's right, every dwarf has to be exactly the same. I forgot that part of story writing.
    Nope, but they have an overarching characterization that has to shape their various people. Otherwise, what's the point of them being dwarves?

Can't believe Arthas is a self-insert
    That's why he's a Death Knight.

There both big fat nerds and as such there son followed suit.
    There was nothing nerdy about them. They didn't have voice-lines like: "this is interesting, can't wait to study it. Knowledge is power. Thank science" etc, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Raetary View Post
    That's a general descriptions about dwarves as a people, not an end all, be all character description for every individual dwarf ever born.

Dagran is just happens to be a nerdy teen, deal with it.
    I'm not saying he can't. I just firmly believe they based his looks on one of developers. Looks way too "modern" american for a Dark Iron Dwarf, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I bet you're one of those people who complain about DnD changing orcs to not be inherently evil. Even though Warcraft did that first. It's a common trope, in many ways Bilbo & Frodo Baggins were outliers for their racial stereotype.
    No, not at all. But, they are still savages, with or without fel corruption. WoD showed us that.

JRR Tolkein when characterizing Dwarves: "They're jewish" that's a direct quote; don't tell the Goblins.
    They're scottish, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    There is one but you can't get an elite piece this time since it's using the voted recolours non-elite look (unlike the propper pvp items which use s3 looks). So on a hunter you could get the purple pvp s1 ones, not the red elite ones.

Of course they could still hotfix it in but that's how it works on the ptr last time I checked.

And I really hope this is just a season 4 change in order to prevent people from getting the elite items after their season is over. TWW season 1 hopefully has the elite colours again.
    So even if the voted look is the s3 one, you can't get any elite peace, right? That sucks.

I'm not saying he can't. I just firmly believe they based his looks on one of developers. Looks way too "modern" american for a Dark Iron Dwarf, if you ask me.
    Because Glasses are an american thing? Or are you just thrown by him not having a beard? He's still supposed to be a child. This all seems to be you seeing the first child dwarf in WoW history & not being able to accept it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing nerdy about them. They didn't have voice-lines like: "this is interesting, can't wait to study it. Knowledge is power. Thank science" etc, etc...
    Who cares about there voice lines, there Lore Makes them nerds.

Moria spends all her time studying and teaching with her only friend being Anduin another nerd.

And Thaurissan likely does the same given that he’s wizard not a warrior and a coward to scared to fight for freedom to scared to fight IF to scared to even fight for ironfoe. Hell he likely wrote Moria poetry given that there suppose to be Romeo and Juliet.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    i guess im soy for not having a lushious beard when i was 16

Dagan is the son of two casters. Not sure why its a big surprise he's a caster. It's not like we're redoing the Anduin/Dagran "I'm not worthy" plotline he's just a clothie prince character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Here is the full world map, by the way. Ringing Deeps is the smallest zone and there is a suspicious empty area to the left of Hallowsfall and AK.
    Anyone able to see how it scales relative to DF, Northrend, Pandaria, etc? Would be helpful in refuting the "expansion price patch" nonsense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I'd say bronzebear are also nerds as they are obessed with archeology and such. The only non-nerd dwarves would be the wildhammers.
    That’s true they pretty much set there whole society to it once they found Ulduman.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Anyone able to see how it scales relative to DF, Northrend, Pandaria, etc? Would be helpful in refuting the "expansion price patch" nonsense.
    One of the devs is on record saying it's smaller than DF so we can count that in. I wouldn't be surprised if the zones are a little smaller than that for Midnight as well, but Northrend has to be bigger just because it was already so big.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    One of the devs is on record saying it's smaller than DF so we can count that in. I wouldn't be surprised if the zones are a little smaller than that for Midnight as well, but Northrend has to be bigger just because it was already so big.
    Presuming we get a full Northrend revamp. Could just be the areas near to Ulduar. Hard say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because Glasses are an american thing? Or are you just thrown by him not having a beard? He's still supposed to be a child. This all seems to be you seeing the first child dwarf in WoW history & not being able to accept it.
    No, because he looks like a self-inert, like many of the Dracthy visage forms. Nothing about him says dwarf other than the color of his skin and big nose.

Who cares about there voice lines, there Lore Makes them nerds.

Moria spends all her time studying and teaching with her only friend being Anduin another nerd.

And Thaurissan likely does the same given that he’s wizard not a warrior and a coward to scared to fight for freedom to scared to fight IF to scared to even fight for ironfoe. Hell he likely wrote Moria poetry given that there suppose to be Romeo and Juliet.
    Even "scholarly" classes like the Mage and Warlock mostly originate from the Dark Irons, who are focused on fiery magic. Does this kid looks like he's going to incinerate anyone?

"Who knows what secrets we'll uncover?"
    Brann Bronzebeard

So I guess it's not a big deal after all.

He's small, wears glasses and likes learning, none of that is specific to modern, nor american.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Presuming we get a full Northrend revamp. Could just be the areas near to Ulduar. Hard say.
    I feel like they'll have to do full Northrend. EK you can excuse as a partial revamp because it's so damn big and has so many cultures to cover. Northrend has most of its cultures retroactively covered (Tuskarr, Nerubian, Dragons, Titans, Scourge) to the point that they are going to struggle to add new things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even "scholarly" classes like the Mage and Warlock mostly originate from the Dark Irons, who are focused on fiery magic. Does this kid looks like he's going to incinerate anyone?
    the classes that came form WC1-3 where dark irons didn’t exist originated from them? What?

And no child looks like there going to incinerate any one and they spend years of being a nerd before they can. Do you think every other dwarf is a fresh 16-18 year old when we see them throwing spells around?

Nope, but they have an overarching characterization that has to shape their various people. Otherwise, what's the point of them being dwarves?

That's why he's a Death Knight.

No, not at all. But, they are still savages, with or without fel corruption. WoD showed us that.

They're scottish, but whatever.
    Didn't know "Death Knight" is a race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does this kid looks like he's going to incinerate anyone?
    Why does he need to?

You do understand the context of his character right?
    He's nobility, literally a prince, being raised by a single mother with scholarly interests, surrounding by a society that venerates exploration and research.

No shit he is a nerd.
    Idk what you expected him to look like, but he wasn't gonna receive chiseled abs, Scharzenegger arms and a beard that rivals Rapunzel, especially not at his age.

And your insistence on him being a self-insert says more about you, than it does about the character design.
    Sounds more like he reminds you of your middle school years, and you are now projecting those feelings onto him.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    "Dagran is a self-inserted nerd" is really a bizarre hill to die on.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.