10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Scaleface ..
    I hope so. Just to see the usual posters who hate that his leaks came true get massively butthurt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    -New WoW expansion
    -10.2 preview
    -New HS expansion
    -New Overwatch 2 Hero
    -New Diablo 4 patch
    -Surprise announcement

I think that could be a solid show.
    Gameplay for the survival game too + I'd say a Starcraft IP game.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I hope so. Just to see the usual posters who hate that his leaks came true get massively butthurt again.
    I mean it makes sense. It sucks to have your ideal next expac theme be debunked for one. Second, there is so many fake leaks here that it is really a needle in a haystack and its easy to just dismiss it. Even after the leaked screenshot of the cinematic it was still questionable, because of its best quality.
    It's fun that we had a leak that was actually true, but I will still not ever take a leaker seriously until they build a rep. Which is hard, because I think said person might make an alt account since his name is kind of related to the expansion he leaked.

Scaleface ..
    There was more than just one. I don't remember their names. They didn't drop as much detail but they definitely knew all the leak details same as scaleface.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The Silent Star stuff is basically just Sarkareth throwing dead stars at us.
    Except his cloak literally whispers to you and tells you you are special. The Silent Star is definitely an entity of its own.

Setting = location and visuals
    Theme = subject

If we're talking about visuals i'd say you want to be discussing the setting and not the themes. Sometimes they are strongly linked (setting: frozen continent, northrend -- Theme: Scourge, undead, Lich king) and sometimes they are not linked at all (Setting: Pandaria/uldum, -- Theme: Old gods).

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember scaleface........vaguely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I remember scaleface........vaguely.
    Among other things he predicted (successfully) he also left us the trail of crumbs for MMO-C to uncover the name of the Evoker class without him directly spoiling it. It was pretty fun, those 2-3 days. I remember some meme images specifically one with Drek’Thar in the background? I forget the context of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    What if An'shuul is none other than An'she corrupted or slain by the Void? Their names are really close. If it's a void "star" and An'she is the sun...
    I have three theories on An'shuul:

1. An'shuul is an asteroid, meteoroid, or comet caught in the orbit of An'she, which it employs to eradicate the influence of the Void. My reason for thinking this is because "Shuul" translates to "death" in Shath'yar. Either its translation is a truncation of the translation of "death (from) An'she" or "An'(she's) death(-bringer)".
    2. It has nothing to do with An'she: An' as a prefix in Shath'yar seems to be analogous to "the" (though it is not the only word serving in the capacity), so it may simply mean "the death, the Cosmic Wanderer". Since it is also a "cosmic wanderer", it may be some kind of astrological object of some importance to any number of cultures. It may, for instance, be the shadow of death cast from the Void that wanders from planet-to-planet.
    3. This one is solely a matter of headcanon and has no basis in canon. An'shuul is the reflection of An'she in the Void; more precisely, it is everything that An'she is not, could have been, or any other opportunity cost from the existence of An'she.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-28 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I have three theories on An'shuul:

1. An'shuul is an asteroid caught in the orbit of An'she, which it employs to eradicate the influence of the Void. My reason for thinking this is because "Shuul" translates to "death" in Shath'yar. Either its translation is a truncation of the translation of "death (from) An'she" or "An'(she's) death(-bringer)".
    2. It has nothing to do with An'she: An' as a prefix in Shath'yar seems to be analogous to "the", so it may simply mean "the death, the Cosmic Wanderer". Since it is also a "cosmic wanderer", it may be some kind of astrological object of some importance to any number of cultures. It may, for instance, be the shadow of death cast from the Void that wanders from planet-to-planet.
    3. This one is solely a matter of headcanon and has no basis in canon. An'shuul is the reflection of An'she in the Void; more precisely, it is everything that An'she is not, could have been, or any other opportunity cost from the existence of An'she.
    So Anshe is a naaru?

So Anshe is a naaru?
    Not strictly. My assumption is just that An'she is roughly Light-associated. As for the bit I specified as falling under the purview of headcanon—An'she having a reflection at all—I usually assume that every entity has a reflection in the Void, regardless of their associations. I envision every inhabitant of the Void as an embodied opportunity cost of everything the entity that exists in its place could have been and what could have arisen instead of it or in its absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Wrath of Northrend. This forum is actually full of trolls.
    Wrath of the Bolvar. Though so far i'm enjoying Explosion of Dragons more.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Explosion of Dragons
    The horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Oh, then it's probably a Void star or some shit. J doubt there is just 1, and if there is, then it's unique in its own right.
    There's definitely going to be more than one.

I think its just the narrative shifting and giving us a non-Old God void influence. I'll even go as far as to predict there will be some retcon that Deathwing was possibly directly corrupted by the void and not N'zoth. It matches the cloak whispers saying those unworthy can't hear them. Which is something repeated in the Legacy short story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The horror.
    Well, let's see what kind of nonsense people come up with for 11.0.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, let's see what kind of nonsense people come up with for 11.0.
    I really wonder with some "leaks", is it that they are not trying at all or are they not fluent in english and translating something through google?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Given how multiple expansions had multiple themes concurrently, I am not sure why y'all think the game will give you solo themes from now on. More importantly, do people really expect for WoW to keep going for 30 more years???
    If it makes money, why not?

Everquest's still going strong. 30th expansion due out this December.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really wonder with some "leaks", is it that they are not trying at all or are they not fluent in english and translating something through google?
    Some of it is the latter, I'm sure. There's always those weird Chinese leaks that annoy the hell out of me because they're just so weird. Doesnt' help that they're also often like "Oh you're here?" and the like to be even more vague.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You hope that whole excitement from reveal will be crushed cause it will cause butthurt for few people? It was so boring to watch reveal when you knew everything, both with 9.1 and 10.0. SL also had leaks, but it was very subtle, just Bolvar picture, logo and Bastion art.

Btw, since Blizzard also "leaked" Dragonflight name even before Scaleface, I think it's possible he had green light from Blizzard for his leaks. Notice that Blizzard was in panic mode and extremely careful with revealing new things, like they wanted "test" reaction in smaller part of community before official reveal. They still are, we knew/know about underground zone for 10.1, Galakrond/bronze theme and emerald dream for 10.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You hope that whole excitement from reveal will be crushed cause it will cause butthurt for few people? It was so boring to watch reveal when you knew everything, both with 9.1 and 10.0. SL also had leaks, but it was very subtle, just Bolvar picture, logo and Bastion art.
    I remember plenty of us were fairly excited with the Bolvar leak, mostly because we hoped he would put up a good fight against Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Btw, since Blizzard also "leaked" Dragonflight name even before Scaleface, I think it's possible he had green light from Blizzard for his leaks. Notice that Blizzard was in panic mode and extremely careful with revealing new things, like they wanted "test" reaction in smaller part of community before official reveal. They still are, we knew/know about underground zone for 10.1, Galakrond/bronze theme and emerald dream for 10.2.
    That's a good possibility. I recall opening some inquiry into the magazine next to the guy who leaked the image. I also recall my folly in assuming the Dracthyr were bullshit. What a nostalgic time already.