Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    From what I hear Nozdormu DOES NOT turn into Murozond. So thats good.
    The description for the fight with the infinite Tyr seems to indicate he does though?

"With the true timeline now altered by Murozond's rise"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    The likely candidate for 11.0 with my own wishes:

Age of Exploration themed expansion, ala the Waveborne Diplomat's Regalia for instance. New Continent is Avaloren, located west of Kalimdor. Player boats and system which functions like Dragonriding, and along with it comes upgraded water graphics, textures, and physics.

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms start to get periodic but massive revamps, beginning with new coastlines for many old-world zones. Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, Zandalar and The Maelstrom are combined into a single continent map called, "The Great Sea" where Blizzard starts adding sailing to them. Can now sail from Kul Tiras to the Broken Isles or to Zandalar vice versa.

Winterspring, Moonglade and northern Darkshore's coast get expanded instead of being mountains. Home to where Port Nendis was. The old Quel'thalas zone in Lordaeron is finally dealed with.
    Dragonriding was bad enough initially for people with motion sickness, I don't want to imagine them bringing boats into the game and forcing them onto us >.<

#TEAMGIRAFFE

My personal theory/wish for 11.0 is a scenario I call "Homecoming." This is their big 20th anniversary, 10th expansion, 30th of Warcraft in general. We return to the original continents redesigned as max level content. The actual world may be a bit "smaller" but it's bigger zones. Think Durotar, Barrens, Dustwallow, Thousand Needles, and Tanaris as one big zone. It's set a bit after Dragonflight.

In the lead up to this, things have gone... wrong in Stormwind. Turalyon has become increasingly strict and focused on the Light. No one knows why until one day Yrel's Army of the Light and her Divine Mother arrive. This alternate Xe'ra is aware of what the mortals of Azeroth did in helping Illidan avoid his destiny and she seeks to convert everyone to prevent such blatant disregard happen again.

Turalyon's zealotry reinforced by this sets an ultimatum. Become Lightforged or leave. King Greymane leaves and retakes Gilneas as a place of refuge for all humans who do not wish to be remade. The dwarves close off Blackrock Mountain and Jaina breaks off trade relations with Stormwind. During all of this Azshara returns. She offers aid against this alien invasion and promises an army of Naga to both the Horde and the Alliance.

Both the Horde and the Alliance have faced setbacks from the Army of the Light's invasion. On Kalimdor, Exarch Garrosh appeared and begins to preach to the Orcs and he gains followers despite warnings from the Mag'har. Because of this, they are forced to accept Azshara's aid because they are being pushed back to Orgrimmar and have already lost Stormwind. Everyone knows this aid is coming at a unknown cost, but they are desperate.

With the Naga's help the forces of Azeroth push back and in a climatic battle above Stormwind, a wounded Xe'ra begins to turn into a void Naaru. This is when the betrayal happens. Azshara, having learned from Locus Walker, absorbs the power of the Dark Prime Naaru and becomes massively empowered. The resulting explosion destroys Stormwind and she leaves.

In the aftermath, her Naga are abandoned. Some want to search for her, others have come to appreciate the time they've spent with the other people of Azeroth and finally feel their Queen has gone too far. After all this the story proceeds into the void side of the story as we see the plans set in motion by Azshara, Xal'atath, and Locus Walker take shape.

The key feature of this starting point of course is playable Naga. They'd behave much like Dracthyr do without the ability to fly while in their Naga form. They'll be taught illusion magic by Azshara but it won't be as perfected as hers. Their humanoid illusions will be Night Elves but with fin ears, webbed fingers, and scales. Classes could be all but Paladin, Druid, DK, and Evoker. Give them some special "abilities" and animations for classes that use feet like monk.

Levelling could be faction specific with Horde dealing with southern Kalimdor and the Alliance with the regions of Stormwind and Khaz Modan. There's plenty of breadcrumbs for dungeons. A Botani empowered Wailing Caverns, a new Black Rock Spire with the rogue Dark Irons trying to rebirth Ragnaros. Patch stories could give us updates on Lordaeron and Northern Kalimdor.

Of course Dragonriding is enabled and using their new zoning technology, travel between the two continents is achieved by us flying through giant Kirin Tor portals at multiple points along the coasts.

A lot of these ideas are probably too ambitious, but I really hope for 11.0 we return to the original continents to finally see their story progress. It's been a long time since Cataclysm. The existence of multiple Dalarans show they are fine with the same place existing twice and with Chromie time they don't need to delete the Cata zones. In 12.0 the 11.0 story can become the new levelling story replacing BfA.

TLDR: Old World revamp, playable Naga, Light vs Void.

There were some talks about odyn being a villain here and i wonder now, if lets say they added vrykuls as playable race, could they get similar scenario to DK's in a sense that the questline would start with them serving Odyn but then something would've happened and they would choose to which faction they want to go in the end, to fight against him.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-03 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Balls? More like age ratings. They kinda need that to stay consistent.
    Au contraire, we've had Wrathion eat a heart before and even the most recent expansion, made by close to the same team, had a giant rotting body with quests about picking its nose hairs and gathering its pus. You don't have to go excessively explicit, ditch the art style or even depict the act on-screen, though you should do the last one, but any of these steps would add some meat to the proceedings. Introducing the disciples of a dragon who got swollen up and sick from all his cannibalism only to then never have anyone engage in any cannibalism is cheap.

Also, it should definitely be Chromie, @Nymrohd. Though I wouldn't discount some implied cannibalism re: one of his buddies, possibly Fyrakk, for the power-buff.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-06-03 at 07:22 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Why? if you want to play with alliance friend lv up an alliance character, if you want to play with a horde group lv up a horde character, isn't like we still have faction lock per account.
    That's old-Blizz.
    This is nu-Blizz. It's fluffy and caters to a younger demographic that doesn't care about events in prior expansions. Horde, Alliance, are jarringly dismissed without any storied reason. But don't I look kewl in my gear...

11.0, like DF, isn't likely to produce anything that will provoke much thought. It certainly won't resemble much in the way of a coherent story. But I'm sure it'll give some players a chance to show off how well they look in their new fitted armor. ("Is that selfie-camera working?")

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Aren't the Elemental Lords more powerful in their own realms?

Maybe Smolderon figured out something to increase the Elemental Lords' power?

Maybe it's more we have to stop them to prevent the Hour of Twilight.
    It's not their realm though. It is a prison dimension made by Ra and Helya. Their OWN realm is Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But I'm sure it'll give some players a chance to show off how well they look in their new fitted armor. ("Is that selfie-camera working?")
    Gear rating is temporary, fashion is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Au contraire, we've had Wrathion eat a heart before and even the most recent expansion, made by close to the same team, had a giant rotting body with quests about picking its nose hairs and gathering its pus. You don't have to go excessively explicit, ditch the art style or even depict the act on-screen, though you should do the last one, but any of these steps would add some meat to the proceedings. Introducing the disciples of a dragon who got swollen up and sick from all his cannibalism only to then never have anyone engage in any cannibalism is cheap.

Also, it should definitely be Chromie, @Nymrohd. Though I wouldn't discount some implied cannibalism re: one of his buddies, possibly Fyrakk, for the power-buff.
    I get what @huth is saying though; everything about Galakrond is in novels, not in the game. It is similar to how the games don't actually tell you the orcs enslaved Alex and her partner and forced them to breed so they could use their children as child soldiers which is on Hostel levels of NC-17 rated. It may all be implied in game but not actually shown and the scenarios I have described explicitly show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I get what @huth is saying though; everything about Galakrond is in novels, not in the game. It is similar to how the games don't actually tell you the orcs enslaved Alex and her partner and forced them to breed so they could use their children as child soldiers which is on Hostel levels of NC-17 rated. It may all be implied in game but not actually shown and the scenarios I have described explicitly show it.
    Which is a shame too, because not being able to bring that bit up is a major reason why Alex is so incorrigibly shallow. The game has gotten away with mild body horror previously, especially with the cartoonish style helping out and in terms of text, even the descriptions of what the gnolls do to the bodies they chew on could easily have the same level be applied to some draconic cannibalism.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Which is a shame too, because not being able to bring that bit up is a major reason why Alex is so incorrigibly shallow. The game has gotten away with mild body horror previously, especially with the cartoonish style helping out and in terms of text, even the descriptions of what the gnolls do to the bodies they chew on could easily have the same level be applied to some draconic cannibalism.
    How to bring that up and have her forgive them? I am sorry but that is just not believable and it would make her completely alien, as if she is compelled to care for all life magically and thus HAS to forgive them. Which is not the truth or else the other Aspects would not have been corrupted so easy; unless of course she is the apex of the Keepers' experiment with Order infusion which makes her obedient to her cause on such a level that she does not even notice which would probably be amazing if true and then she understood what they did to her and bit Tyr's head off (gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss but this time literally anyone?). But that won't happen either.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-06-03 at 08:39 AM.

How to bring that up and have her forgive them? I am sorry but that is just not believable and it would make her completely alien, as if she is compelled to care for all life magically and thus HAS to forgive them. Which is not the truth or else the other Aspects would not have been corrupted so easy; unless of course she is the apex of the Keepers' experiment with Order infusion which makes her obedient to her cause on such a level that she does not even notice which would probably be amazing if true and then she understood what they did to her and bit Tyr's head off (gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss but this time literally anyone?). But that won't happen either.
    Of course it's alien, it also already happened in War Crimes, which is my point earlier in the thread - she says that she still loves them despite what they did to her. It killed any prospective drama for her character in its crib. The way to go for it would be to have her actually be open to "a what was it all for" style reasoning when Ras goes for it given both what happened to her, her fellow Aspects and dragons in general. As is, because all of these things were handwaved away to her non-reaction, she has no arc or character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Dude, have you ever played in group content with friends? Many times people were locked to specific faction and race that they didn't really like that much, because the guild or just playing with friend required it.
    That is how the game was and im completely fine with it.

Well, i could even give the hand for crossfaction groups, but they didn't stop there did they? so i think it was bs.
    I don't play only horde, i play mainly horde, but currently i have 5 horde on lvl 70 and 3 lvl 70 alliance toons and my realm(crossrealm with others too) that was actually close to being dead, actually has "high" population now.
    Yeah, because the game has run dry, you can't possible think wow is pulling the same numbers now it did years ago, in a time they could mantain two factions and there was enough people to play both.

What do you mean by that?
    Another thing you didn't even play the new expansion but you sure have a lot to say about it and how wow in certain places is close to dead, it's a little weird.
    Im not the big fan of latest patch, but the game itself has the best reception right now since legion.
    I didn't play the new zone, but i still play the game though? i just didn't buy DF and the game is a walking corpse in my region.

Faction war doesn't make sense anymore, because Alliance and horde always team up together to fight the evil that wants to destroy azeroth, there's been plenty of quests about and how mindless faction war destroys Azeroth.
    Teaming up, in a broad sense way because it snot that the faction join hand hugged in the battlefield, but because the heroes face the threads is HARDLY a reason to say there is no reason for then to fight anymore, is like saying USA and Russia are the best of buddies because they "team up" to defeat germany in the past. Hell, Horde and alliance "team up" to face the lich king and constantly skirmish with each other in northrend, EVEN IN THE FINAL RAID, that is belivable and what made the game great.
    How the game is presented, how the lore is made, it will always make sense to be conflict and war, because the races, the clans/tribes/kingdoms, do not think about "herp derp we can't destroy azeroth with our mindless fight" they think of resource, survival and revenge
    It's not new expansion thing, but it's something that was happening since wrathgate, factions fighting with each other was just stupid when instead they should be fighting for their home that might be destroyed, like they do now.
    And they will always be fighting for their home, even in smaller scale, outsiders, invaders, usurpers, and most of the times those, are the opposite faction after big threats are dealed with it
    If you yourself, would actually follow the lore you would know that, it's weird asking for another HvsA fights/war..
    Im not asking for another expansion about war, because bfa clearly showed they can do that to save their lives, im saying there should not be peace, there should be always, cold war, and skirmishes happening in the world, because that is what makes sense. Dragonflight would be much better imo, if it was like MOP, having sidequests for exploration to grab resources with skirmishes along the way, Honestly those were one of the most fun and engaging quests back in the day

This was one of the pillars of warcraft that they killed, it was made the game different from the others, since people love tribalism and compeition, like football teams, they will try to resurrect later when it start to hurt

- - - Updated - - -

How to bring that up and have her forgive them? I am sorry but that is just not believable and it would make her completely alien, as if she is compelled to care for all life magically and thus HAS to forgive them
    I mean, what there is to forgive now? most if not all the ones who did that to her are dead now, its more like " i don't have ill intentions towards your entire race because this clan/people did this to me"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's old-Blizz.
    This is nu-Blizz. It's fluffy and caters to a younger demographic that doesn't care about events in prior expansions. Horde, Alliance, are jarringly dismissed without any storied reason.
    As opposed to old-Blizz which kept making up nonsensical stories to keep a conflict going that made no sense from the start with how WC3 ended and invariably had it result in unsatisfying non-conclusions.

Letting go of the conflict did not require much effort. It has been a stupid story that had to be kept going artificially for a long time. They should never have hard divided the factions to begin with, that was the biggest mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

There is that questline in Waking Shores that suggests there is at least a little of this at play. The Red Flight's charge is to protect all life, even the Dragonmaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The description for the fight with the infinite Tyr seems to indicate he does though?

"With the true timeline now altered by Murozond's rise"
    He kinda does for a moment while playing through the Dungeon. When we are faced with the decision to go after deios or iridikron we choose the incarnate. When chromie returns us to our timline we find the world ruled by the infinites. Thats where we meet tyr and kill him before returning to the Prior Point in time and choose to kill deios to prevent murozonds rise and restore our Timeline to how it was.

Im still unsure what this means for murozond going forward though. They need to rewrite existing Lore if Killing deios would mean murozond never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    He kinda does for a moment while playing through the Dungeon. When we are faced with the decision to go after deios or iridikron we choose the incarnate. When chromie returns us to our timline we find the world ruled by the infinites. Thats where we meet tyr and kill him before returning to the Prior Point in time and choose to kill deios to prevent murozonds rise and restore our Timeline to how it was.

Im still unsure what this means for murozond going forward though. They need to rewrite existing Lore if Killing deios would mean murozond never came to be.
    Murozond is an inevitability. This just isn't how it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm just going by 3 things
    1. BfA items which consistently provide hints to plotpoints in the future
    2. The roles of the incarnates being similar to that of guldan
    3. The prediction post that correctly guessed multiple expansion themes

Yes DF has Elemental influence but we aren't fighting elementals, we are fighting Elemental flavored dragons. The incarnates can essentially become even stronger than they currently are just by existing in those realms and currently it seems that iridikron is aiming to power him and his siblings up to a point beyond peak aspects which the planes would help them achieve.
    I could see a zone in the elemental planes tbh, assuming Incarnates make it out of DF, similar to how we are most probably going to get Emeral Dream in 10.2.
    It's still possible we go there during this xpac though.

Also whilst elemental powered dragons are the main villains in DF, we are still often fighting elemental forces. Idk I still am not convinced we will get an Elemental expansion after this. I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised though and will most certainly enjoy that more than a Pirate-themed xpac lol

Second "elementaly" themed expansion in a row would be disappointing for me, there's a lot of elemental influence both in some zone areas and quests, enemies in DF.

Hopefully both wont happen, pirate or elemental and we will get something new.

Why would anyone want a "Pirate" expansion? That sounds like complete filler, boring and unoriginal idea.

As for the Elementals... people here know that the Elementals were slaves of the Old Gods, Yes? They are not impressive enough to carry their own expansion, but when the Old God inevitably resurfaces, they might take part of the spotlight, as they did in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-06-03 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why would anyone want a "Pirate" expansion? That sounds like complete filler, boring and unoriginal idea.
    Okay, but what if they were void pirates?