Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    No they didn't. They just announced there would be WoW news at gamescom that year. They announced Blizzard would be making a presentation at this years gamescom. Sure, we don't know what games it'll cover but Overwatch & Diablo already covered all their content for the immediate future. And I doubt they're just there for Warcraft Rumble.
    They did, in fact, announce beforehand they were going to reveal an expansion back then.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...tream-august-6
    Last edited by micwini; 2023-08-22 at 03:05 PM.

They've started tweeting out news. Let's see what we get.

As a reminder, this 10.1.7 recap tweet was not mentioned in This Week in Azeroth, so it seems likely a 10.2 tweet graphic also wouldn't need mentioning there.
    Last edited by Worldshaper; 2023-08-22 at 03:04 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    There is a lot of missing context as to why they did the Gamescom announcement for Legion.

Like, a lot.

To just frame it as the place they would announce a expansion unless in crisis is preposterous and beyond unimaginable.

Blizzcon exists for said purpose of actual new product announcements.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There is a lot of missing context as to why they did the Gamescom announcement for Legion.

Like, a lot.

To just frame it as the place they would announce a expansion unless in crisis is preposterous and beyond unimaginable.

Blizzcon exists for said purpose of actual new product announcements.
    I agree with you 100%. Iirc, it was just how the timing was and they needed something after WoD.

I posted it because I'm just tired of you-know-who constantly spreading BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    They've started tweeting out news. Let's see what we get.

As a reminder, this 10.1.7 recap tweet was not mentioned in This Week in Azeroth, so it seems likely a 10.2 tweet graphic also wouldn't need mentioning there.
    "This week in WoW" only features blogposts on the official website.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be a really good pr move if they tease the next expansion at Gamescom. Big audience so exposure to a lot of potential new players and a big surprise to current ones. Maybe a short cinematic and logo reveal with more details to be revealed at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    First one is ripped straight from here and is AI-tier gobbledegook.

Second one is just stuff that's obviously going to happen at some point besides the new specs, which is still likely. Calia having living family in the Scarlets has ALREADY been confirmed, so it will definitely pop up in the heritage.

Also what's the point of a loop for flying besides looking cool?
    I would like to see the post where the first one is ripped from

Also Calia herself proved the Scarlets are lying already
    They claim to have her son but she only had a daughter

It's a little dated looking compared to the BFA-era Pterodactyl that new Horde players get. I think it may actually be using the Stormtalon's model, which is a bit more modern/HD looking than the Grand Gryphon. So maybe we're getting a full-on refresh of Gryphons with the Stormtalon as the baseline?

Just compare the two:

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...stormtalon.jpg

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...nd-gryphon.jpg

On that note I think the Windrider model is also upgraded compared to the Grand version.

I mean, considering the multiple beaks and context, my immediate guess is just that this is just a new "dragonriding" mount. Like the Slitherdrake was for 10.1. Some dynamic flight enabled new mount rewarded by the 10.2 zone campaign that comes with its own set of customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean, considering the multiple beaks and context, my immediate guess is just that this is just a new "dragonriding" mount. Like the Slitherdrake was for 10.1. Some dynamic flight enabled new mount rewarded by the 10.2 zone campaign that comes with its own set of customization options.
    It's probably the new dragonriding mount for 10.2, but I think it could lead to a new Gryphon mount moving forward for Alliance areas/zones.

Also I think this means its very likely a big batch of old mounts get dragonriding enabled in 10.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    They're being awfully cagey about what Fyrakk is up to in this patch, despite him being in the name.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    She literally teleports in, using the standard teleport spell effect and sound that every other scripted NPC mage teleport scene in the entire game uses, with her name changing from "vision of" to just "Queen Azshara". But go off.

She totally doesn't use forms--except that time that she already did--And she can never possibly alter her form, despite the fact that old god "mutations" have been explicitly, objectively shown to be reversible on numerous occasion. There's totally no reason to believe she could undo a transformation even though countless other transformations have been undone by basically every cosmic power in existence. What a totally wacky and impossible thing.
    I dont think you understand the impact of her mutation, she made a deal. In the end it was that or dying. To sustain her she was transformed, basically the crux of her story. She will always have to face what she became in the end. Thats Azshara now.

That one instance, which again functioned as an Illusion literally to fool farondis. A bunch of teleport sounds and some vage assumptions of reversible transformations isnt going to change how it is. I just explained to that this mutation wasnt some random transformation for Azshara, it was life or death. And again sure she is a powerfull spellcaster, but outside this (in the past) Azuna instance we have no reason to believe she is able to undo her mutation or change at will. If that was the case we would have other instanced showcasing that magic, we simply dont.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-08-22 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're being awfully cagey about what Fyrakk is up to in this patch, despite him being in the name.
    Yeah, but its most likely preperation for Fyrakk going after the Green Dragonflight I would think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah, but its most likely preperation for Fyrakk going after the Green Dragonflight I would think.
    I think that's fairly obvious, so I'm wondering what the twist is. Maybe an armored look for Fyrakk per the Zaqali's ingots?

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I’m with @Hitei. There is nothing to indicate that it was an illusion.

The most powerful sorceress in the history of Azeroth is going to have the ability to have a visage and swap between forms at will.

There’s no way in hell that Azshara thinks her Naga form is just as beautiful as her Highborne form. She’s incredibly vain, but she isn’t stupid.
    Couldn't you argue that it actually is more "beautiful" in the same capacity as deep sea life can typically be called beautiful? In a way, it's something far more unique to her than her original form ever was. While she might not exactly be as sexually-attractive to a typical human as she used to be, Azshara could also be admired as a kind of remarkable marine life.
    "Wounds are for the desperate, blows are for the strong;
    balm and oil for weary hearts all cut and bruised with wrong.
    I forgive thy treason, I redeem thy fall;
    for iron—cold iron—must be master of men all!"

You'll believe it when you see it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    A bunch of teleport sounds and some vage assumptions of reversible transformations isnt going to change how it is. I just explained to that this mutation wasnt some random transformation for Azshara, it was life or death.
    There's no vague assumptions. We have been shown IN GAME, multiple times old god "mutations" being reversed--even generations later with individuals who had never even had the original unmutated form still being able to get turned back into it. I am just telling you what has objectively happened in the game on more than one occasion.

You are the one who is just assuming, with literally no evidence or any foundation at all, that somehow, this one specific instance of transformation doesn't work like any of the other ones, including all of the other old god mutations, and that also, with no evidence or any foundation at all, that it must be completely and irrevocably permanent when basically no other mutation or transformation in the entire history of the setting has ever been depicted as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    About 1 hour til nothing happens, y'all
    It will happen, I believe!
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Probably nothing but Bellular says in his last video that 10.2 announcement is imminent.

Might streamers have a bunch of videos about 10.2 ready to be unleashed? We will know soon enough.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

It's either in 3 min, 1 hour, tomorrow, or next week. I think.

Let's hope it's in 3 min, because I'm ready for some Emerald Dream content!

I'll bet its between now and the heat death of the universe!

(Sorry can't help but be amused at the "its in an hour, no within the next week. Wait, within the month!" sorta thing going on)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Probably nothing but Bellular says in his last video that 10.2 announcement is imminent.

Might streamers have a bunch of videos about 10.2 ready to be unleashed? We will know soon enough.
    Wow, what a wild knowledge. It's not like it would happen in two weeks anyway, simple due to the 10.1.7 release.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-08-22 at 05:03 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.