10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    The Thanos in me wants everything balanced as all things should be. So we need a clothie, mail, and plate class to have 4 for each type across the board.

I think bard for cloth, mech pilot (tinker) for mail, and battle-mage for plate would just about cover it and cover the most popular missing archetypes for wow.

I say mech pilot because I believe in order for engineering to coexist with a tinker-esq class it needs to focus on piloting a mech.

Enh and fdk don't really cover the battle mage archetype since they don't manipulate arcane magic, arcane is what puts the mage in battle mage, teleporting across the battle field, conjuring floating magic weapons, buffing themselves and allies, etc.

I see 4 specs for it already, two handed fire spec, duel wield frost /fire spec, frost tanking spec, and an arcane 1 hander / off hand weapon melee support spec.

More likely we're looking at Tinker (Mechanic), Crypt Lord (instead of Battle Mage), and Explorer or ETC (instead of Bards). Just seems like those are more likely to be a classes that Blizzard would release.

Any idea why the devs updated the Tirigarde Sound page? I thought it was a Secret of Azeroth thing but I think the satchels have all been found.

Another pirate troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    WoW needs a more immersive character creation screen. Current one just looks like your standard low budget mobile experience.
    Creation screen is new, and good enough.

Selection screen though, is horrible. Buggy, impractical, and ugly. As an altoholic it sucks even more, because it's annoying that you gotta select 11 chars to display at the top.

I want some kind of visual layout where portraits of every alt fit all at once. Or some kind of filter and sorting functionality. Favourites or "mains", bank alts, crafters, race, class, sex, etc.

Also custom backgrounds and poses, please. Time to get rid of the awkwardness that is DK login background.

I can't believe this wasn't part of their Dragonflight UI overhaul tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Wouldn't that transition be awkward though?

I think it would be more something like this

DEFAULT ROUTE

Exiles Reach -> Dragonflight -> 11.0 Endgame

(They even set up the beginning of Waking Shores like you just played Exiles Reach)

ALTERNATIVE ROUTE

New Starting Zones -> Whatever old expansion you choose -> 11.0 Endgame

I am still unsure if a revamp will have leveling quests in old revamped zones. I hope they do but I'm not certain.
    And for those who wants to do the old starting zones ?
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    And for those who wants to do the old starting zones ?
    Either a third option on the screen, or a bronze dragon NPC near the start?

Why on earth would they need to update the character creation screen? Its not exactly like we have in-depth character creation to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I mean, it's a character creation screen - that thing is supposed to be functional, NOT "immersive". And they just revamped it what, 2 expansions ago? It looks modern and that's good lol.
    Or they can do both immersive and functional. Does any other game look less modern?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I can't believe this wasn't part of their Dragonflight UI overhaul tbh.
    Making all those new screens probably was seen as pointless for a non-revamp expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Why on earth would they need to update the character creation screen? Its not exactly like we have in-depth character creation to begin with.
    So it can fit the theme of the game? It looks bland as it is now, just a bunch of grey see through drop down menus.

Why on earth do people defend low effort development?

I mean, look at this.

Bland, boring, unoriginal.

They change the icons a bit, add colour and look, much better!

Did the first one serve its purpose? Yeah. But it could be much better, and it became much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So it can fit the theme of the game? It looks bland as it is now, just a bunch of grey see through drop down menus.

Why on earth do people defend low effort development?
    If its to look better then sure, I can see it being improved visually, though I think its fine. Its a bit minimalist. Nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine they just never got around to it, and by the time the deadline was closing in they realized they couldn't make it look good enough that it was worth it.

Waiting for the opportunity for a proper big revamp was likely also a part of it. It's definitely easier to remake the entire thing in one go, rather than have to consider future changes to the docks.
    I dont remember them actually saying this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    If its to look better then sure, I can see it being improved visually, though I think its fine. Its a bit minimalist. Nothing wrong with that.
    I mean, yeah. I don't think anyone is asking for them to make it worse. Like I'm not complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont remember them actually saying this?
    I'll have to go find it, but one of the interviews about world changes between SL and DF mentioned that there would be new docks/a new dock for the capital cities. The same article mentioned some changes to the Forsaken, which ended up being true (the reclamation of Lordaeron).

Either a third option on the screen, or a bronze dragon NPC near the start?
    Why not, more options is always better. And while we are at it, might as well add the original started zones, from before cata.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Anyways. Now that a world revamp is definitely happening at some point. What raids and dungeons would people like to see?
    Personally I would love an instance set in the blighted Undercity as well as one in Stratholme. Botani invasion of Dire Maul would be fun as well.
    Botani WC too.

Any idea why the devs updated the Tirigarde Sound page? I thought it was a Secret of Azeroth thing but I think the satchels have all been found.

Another pirate troll?
    It was for the event, 17th satchel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It was for the event, 17th satchel.
    i stopped at 10. is there any point in getting more?

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Why not, more options is always better. And while we are at it, might as well add the original started zones, from before cata.
    I do wonder if they will add a Classic phase to retail Chromie Time, now that they rebuilt Classic EK and Kalimdor. Is it possible?

I just noticed while looking at the Blood Knight's Dedication armor set from 9.2.5 that the jewels inlayed on the pieces are blue (albeit a green-ish blue, but still more blue), just like some of the datamined icons for new blood elf gear have shown. Minor, but I thought it was worth noting.