Poll: Do you think delves will be the next big thing?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Will delves be the next big flop? Or will it actually be fun?

I really wonder, if the community thinks that delves will be the new future top notch casual gamer gameplay.

I myself think it will be an as hard flop as Torghast, Islands, Warfronts, Horrific visions or azerite gear.

Reasons:
    1.) Development of the other components showed that the devs did not really know how to do it right. Why should it work this time?
    2.) Horrific visions had progression, but were unfun. All the other components had no progression, but were fun to a degree. So either blizzard makes gameplay in components like that unfun, or they are not rewarding
    3.) The devs want raids and dungeons to be what delves are proposed to be. Every casual gamer should play mythic+ at best.

What do you think? Will it be the next big thing? Or the next big flop?

10+ Year Old Account
    If its not maniac time/death gated like Chorghast/Visions then it'll be fine for me as slow casual/LFR player. Me and my friend can do this stuff together which will be fun

Looking at your post, I can't but feel nostalgia for BfA. It had Islands, Warfronts, Horrific Visions, Azerite gear, as well as 10 new Allied Races (instead of just a miserable 1), and an amazing and superbly-written story arc for the Horde.

Oh, how spoiled we were by BfA. Oh, how I miss BfA.

If Delves are like Horrific Visions but without the Sanity gimmick, they will be a success.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorion1337 View Post
    If its not maniac time/death gated like Chorghast/Visions then it'll be fine for me as slow casual/LFR player. Me and my friend can do this stuff together which will be fun
    This would be my hope as well if i did not remember Blizzards past about casual gamer components.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    I really wonder, if the community thinks that delves will be the new future top notch casual gamer gameplay.

I myself think it will be an as hard flop as Torghast, Islands, Warfronts, Horrific visions or azerite gear.

Reasons:
    1.) Development of the other components showed that the devs did not really know how to do it right. Why should it work this time?
    2.) Horrific visions had progression, but were unfun. All the other components had no progression, but were fun to a degree. So either blizzard makes gameplay in components like that unfun, or they are not rewarding
    3.) The devs want raids and dungeons to be what delves are proposed to be. Every casual gamer should play mythic+ at best.

What do you think? Will it be the next big thing? Or the next big flop?
    Charming post. If your thoughts begin and end with "I don't really like this game" sentiment, what the fuck is the point in engaging with it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Charming post. If your thoughts begin and end with "I don't really like this game" sentiment, what the fuck is the point in engaging with it seriously.
    The hope it gets better next time.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hope it gets better next time.
    Yeah uh, that's not a thing. You dead ass just don't like the game and cannot bear to leave it. Crazy shit. There's so many games out there and this is what you blow your time on.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Yeah uh, that's not a thing. You dead ass just don't like the game and cannot bear to leave it. Crazy shit. There's so many games out there and this is what you blow your time on.
    So you think i want to stop playing the game only because i ask to make delves better than all the shit components they added before?

What if i just would like a fun gameplay?

Success, if they can give you Mythic-equivalent gear, anything less means no point in even making them.

We don't know, and I don't think they'd throw in a time limit since the whole point of it is to get gear. Especially since it is part of the Great Vault so it will seem like a mainstay and they seem confident in people to play it.

The only issue I'm worried about is the AI follower that comes with each season, how they behave and how you build them.. like for example Brann Bronzebeard being the first partner to go with us.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Success, if they can give you Mythic-equivalent gear, anything less means no point in even making them.
    The PvP row in The Great Vault will be replaced with a World option. Completing 1/4/9 Delves or World Activities will unlock World Slots in The Great Vault. The Item Levels from World gear in The Great Vault will scale with difficulty like the other rows, and can reach up to Heroic raid gear or Mythic 15 dungeon gear.
    Depends on if you think this is a good thing or abject failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    We don't know, and I don't think they'd throw in a time limit since the whole point of it is to get gear. Especially since it is part of the Great Vault so it will seem like a mainstay and they seem confident in people to play it.

The only issue I'm worried about is the AI follower that comes with each season, how they behave and how you build them.. like for example Brann Bronzebeard being the first partner to go with us.
    I always pictured it to work as Garrison missions should have. I’m sure they’ve worked out some kinks from BFA and the new Follower Dungeons.

I’m surprised at how many of my fave multiplayer games now have player-like bots (unlike the Mage Tower ones), never would have imagined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorion1337 View Post
    They've gone out of their way to clarify there won't be a timer for Delves. Whether they'll have a punishment for death is to-be-determined but I think the goal is to make them shorter-but-sweet; like HVs minus the Sanity mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I’m surprised at how many of my fave multiplayer games now have player-like bots (unlike the Mage Tower ones), never would have imagined it.
    There is a surprisingly large amount of the playerbase that wants to play a single player game with a MMO attached... not the other way around. Delves are a step in that direction but capping the rewards at Heroic item level is a decent compromise to keep them from feeling mandatory for raider/M+ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Depends on if you think this is a good thing or abject failure.
    Delves are meant to target the 99% of the playerbase - either they can provide a proper progression path like mythic raiding and high keys, or its dead on arrival because why waste my time in them, when i can do mythic raiding and high keys.

Delves are meant to target the 99% of the playerbase - either they can provide a proper progression path like mythic raiding and high keys, or its dead on arrival because why waste my time in them, when i can do mythic raiding and high keys.
    In case you haven't figured it out, you're in the other 1%.

But if 99% of the playerbase doesn't do mythic raiding or high keys doesn't that mean it doesn't need to cater the mythic raiders to do well?

10+ Year Old Account
    if butt hurt shit heel raid loggers whine about being forced into delves its a total success

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    if butt hurt shit heel raid loggers whine about being forced into delves its a total success
    Well, my guess on how delves will develop is like this:

1.) Delves will start with four difficulties
    2.) Completing a weekly Delves level 1 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than normal dungeons
    3.) Completing a weekly Delves level 2 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than heroic dungeons
    4.) Completing a weekly Delves level 3 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than normal raids
    5.) Completing a weekly Delves level 4 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than heroic raids

Only through the vault. Nothing else. No boss drops. Nothing that is even remotely as rewarding as a typical dungeon.

Raiders will feel oblieged to run Delves for that one trinket that makes them stronger.
    Devs will listen and nerf the rewards down to a maximum LFR level, and will water down all difficulties, with a very small progression
    Devs will use an argument that delves level 4 are "way too difficult" and nerf difficulty across the board

In the end, delves are already doomed today. As the devs simply have no idea how to do them right. And whenever their raider bros feel their gameplay gets devalued delves will be nerfed to oblivion.

So even if the beta shows that delves feel right, it is very likely they destroy the progression path within the first few weeks.

If there is one constant in blizzards past game design, it is that all rewarding gameplay for casual gamers gets nerfed.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-04-04 at 08:59 PM.

Well, my guess on how delves will develop is like this:

1.) Delves will start with four difficulties
    2.) Completing a weekly Delves level 1 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than normal dungeons
    3.) Completing a weekly Delves level 2 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than heroic dungeons
    4.) Completing a weekly Delves level 3 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than normal raids
    5.) Completing a weekly Delves level 4 gives one gear piece with an ilevel little bit lower than heroic raids

Only through the vault. Nothing else. No boss drops. Nothing that is even remotely as rewarding as a typical dungeon.

Raiders will feel oblieged to run Delves for that one trinket that makes them stronger.
    Devs will listen and nerf the rewards down to a maximum LFR level, and will water down all difficulties, with a very small progression
    Devs will use an argument that delves level 4 are "way too difficult" and nerf difficulty across the board

In the end, delves are aready doomed today. As the devs simply have no idea how to do them right. And whenever their raider bros feel their gameplay gets devalued delves will be nerfed to oblivion.

So even if the beta shows that delves feel right, it is very likely they destroy the progression path within the first few weeks.

If there is one constant in blizzards past game design, it is that all rewarding gameplay for casual gamers gets nerfed.
    you're speculating, wildly....

10+ Year Old Account
    Delves make me think of the digs in 10.1 and the Vault in the forbidden reach. If that's what they're going to be, then Idk about buying this next expansion. I don't want to be forced into garbage content like that. Let alone see the casual game built around it.