this blue dragon story stuff makes me think we are going to get chromatus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    You should be denied the right to play WoW for this more than dubious statement.
    I wouldn't go that far but...yeah that take I'll burn in lava every day of the week. But on topic though

The Alexstrasza and Red Dragonflight has been criminally underused in the story so far, so they should be heavily featured in this patch.
    Yeah while I enjoy the Dragonflights involvement, I believe they can do better IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Telogrus View Post
    At this point I think we can make a pretty accurate prediction of how the rest of DF will play out. It's obvious that 10.2 will have the new World Tree as a zone and have the Emerald Dream involved. Vyranoth will likely get focus in 10.2 like how Fyrakk got focus in 10.1. Since Fyrakk is still alive, we may fight Vyranoth and Fyrakk at the same time in the raid.

Iridikron doesn't really have any ties to the Dream, so he won't be featured heavily in that patch. As shown in Dawn of the Infinite, Iridikron actually has ties to the Infinite DF, so he will be involved in their story in 10.3. Since the dungeon is called DAWN of the Infinite, the Infinites obviously won't be taken care of, and this is reinforced in the dungeon journal, which makes it sound like Murozond is born during the dungeon and we don't take care of him yet. So 10.3 will focus on the culimination of Iridikron's and the Infinite's plans, with either Iridikron or Murozond being the final boss. The Alexstrasza and Red Dragonflight has been criminally underused in the story so far, so they should be heavily featured in this patch.

I do think though that there is potential for a 10.4 patch, with Iridikron and Murozond being taken out in 10.4 and 10.3 being centered around something else. Let's say that only Fyrakk is defeated in 10.2. After all, it would make sense to have the giant flame dragon be the biggest threat to the new World Tree, given what happened to the last one, so maybe only Fyrakk is taken care of in 10.2. Maybe Vyranoth is the main enemy of 10.3, which could maybe be focused on the Blue Dragonflight and Vakthros. Vakthros is still a mystery and it's obviously supposed to be important. Those giant ice spikes sticking out of it obviously aren't a natural phenomenon, and there's a good chance that they were caused by Vyranoth in the distant past, so it would be fitting to have her as the final boss of a hypothetical Vakthros raid. The one problem though is coming up with what the zone of this patch would be. Maybe we travel to one of the Arcane realms? If Vakthros isn't gonna be a raid, I could be it being a megadungeon in 10.2.5
    i truly believe that iridikron will survive to 11.0
    next expansion is gonna be about the elementals

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck would an expansion be about the elements, cause DF has the elemental theme pretty down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What the heck would an expansion be about the elements, cause DF has the elemental theme pretty down.
    It's the second one, even. Cataclysm also had a lot of focus on them.

currently we know that each plane is having issues
    1. firelands is having an issue of who will be the next firelord currently a new baron is the favorite but hes a hothead
    2. neptulon and the naga
    3. iridikron and therazane
    4. in legion monks kinda messed with the new wind lord

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    currently we know that each plane is having issues
    1. firelands is having an issue of who will be the next firelord currently a new baron is the favorite but hes a hothead
    2. neptulon and the naga
    3. iridikron and therazane
    4. in legion monks kinda messed with the new wind lord
    The only one of those that's even remotely current is Iridikron. The rest was 5 years ago.

this blue dragon story stuff makes me think we are going to get chromatus
    Maybe Chromatus can be a boss in a Vakthros megadungeon

I'm honestly not too bothered by Ebyssian becoming Aspect, all of the options from the Black dragonflight weren't particularly great imo.

Happy to see we didn't finish Fyrakk off in a quest though!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder what they will do with Fyrakk, that said I imagine he may get a worse deal then Deathwing(Since he also did the Shadowflame stuff).

Warrior-Magi

So, i think it's clear that 10.2 will be something related to the tree in the final cinematic. Obviously we'll see what fills in the area west of ohn'ahran plains. I guess green dragonflight story continuation confirmed.

So is Azuregos how the Shadowlands races are gonna get to Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The only one of those that's even remotely current is Iridikron. The rest was 5 years ago.
    and?
    the elemental lords getting pissed we are messing with their stuff is definitely a thing since none are our actual allies
    also they were against the titans before and all of these stories have been hinted at in the island expeditions which have all been coming true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I do wonder what they will do with Fyrakk, that said I imagine he may get a worse deal then Deathwing(Since he also did the Shadowflame stuff).
    idk hes the incarnate of fire whereas DW was just a powerful dragon empowered with earth

i think we will face fyrrak and his sister and there will be an acheev called "song of ice and fire"

The Time Rift premises are so interesting I'd love it if we have another expansion that entirely takes place in an AU. And it seems that you can focus on which legendary trinket you want because a specific one comes from each timeline.

Frostmourne
    Azmorne: Scourge vs Wings of Al'ar - Silvermoon never falls & Azeroth unifies behind the High Elves against the Scourge. Vareesa is turned by Frostmorne instead of Sylvanas.

Val'anyr
    Ulderoth: Sons of Hodir vs Agents of Loken - Curse of Flesh never happened & some titan-constructs form a rebellion

Sulfuras
    Azq'roth: Old Gods vs Elemental Lords - The Black Empire never ended

Azzinoth
    Azewrath: Highborne vs Burning Legion - Azshara resisted the promises of the Legion & Suramar becomes the last bastion against Demonkind

Seschenal, Everliving Staff of Eonar
    A.Z.E.R.O.T.H: Robots vs The Races of Azeroth - Mechagon declares war on the planet, replacing the sapient races with robots

Thunderfin, Humid Blade of the Tideseeker
    Azmerloth: Murloc Alliance vs Murloc Horde - Essentially the same but Murlocs are the dominant species

Shalamayne/Doomhammer
    The Warlands: Grand Alliance vs Blood Horde - The first war never ended
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-05-24 at 04:34 AM.

and?
    the elemental lords getting pissed we are messing with their stuff is definitely a thing since none are our actual allies
    also they were against the titans before and all of these stories have been hinted at in the island expeditions which have all been coming true
    You do realise that most of the "issues" you claim were resolved in Legion? And Therazane is more likely to be annoyed by Iridikron than whatever we're doing.

i love the blue dragonflight quest line. i really wish more flight quest felt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realise that most of the "issues" you claim were resolved in Legion? And Therazane is more likely to be annoyed by Iridikron than whatever we're doing.

They weren't
    They were mentioned in the BfA island expedition quest drops similar to
    Naga
    Death
    Klaxxi queen
    Old gods
    Twilight dragons
    Dragon isles

Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    i love the blue dragonflight quest line. i really wish more flight quest felt like this.
    The Blue flight quests is like the Orc Heritage quest. Pure fanservice done reasonably well though without any actual impact. I wish either had some impact as well but the fanservice is there and I am here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Don't get spooked by the mods. This thread is for shooting the shit, expansion speculation is just a pretext. It's not like this is some bustling hub.
    Since I got infracted about talking about possible new classes, it is not allowed to talk about anything that could possibly happen sadly. Then again, mods tend to be a bit trigger happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    From what I saw.... is there any reason dragonblight is somehow forgotten as the place where dragons go to die? Oo
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...