Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Verdict on new Centaur models?

not seen much talk about these, I wonder how people find them?

Obviously a vast improvement from Barrens/ classic Cenatur... so would you want Centaur in the horde and Cenarians in the alliance if we get playable quadrupeds? Or would you prefer Magnataur?

Ah, the obligatory thread every time new NPC model is added to the game - are they going to be playable???

No, we don't need more races. It's already a Zootopia as it is.

What we need is more customisation for current models, Dracthyr level of treatment to all playable races would be a good start.

Also making a 4 foot race playable would be more headache than it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Obviously a vast improvement from Barrens/ classic Cenatur... so would you want Centaur in the horde and Cenarians in the alliance if we get playable quadrupeds? Or would you prefer Magnataur?
    Magnataur are one of the few races that are really too big for a playable race.
    They're literally oversized gorillas on mammoth legs.

Shrinking them down would be like shrinking a giant to regular human proportions and still calling it a giant.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The models are quite nice, some of the faces on the other hand are just.. what the actual hell were they thinking.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Pretty meh, honestly not a big fan of anything they've done to the centaur in this expansion.

There's a lot more races that would fit being playable more than centaurs... Centaurs would be just a weird thing, that cannot use mounts properly and cannot transmog properly. Waste of development imo. Just look at dracthyr, how troublesome they in terms of being playable.

I like the new models, even though every single one of the male models look like old grizzled veterans even when some of them are said to be young. Wish there was a little more facial diversity between them all.

Playable? Nah. Nothing with more or less than two legs, please.

The new centaur models look really good, having thin and bulky models for both male and female, with many different facial models for both sides, too.

As for being a playable race... I'm sorry, but I don't think a quadruped race can ever work as a playable race. I mean... how would it work for mounts? Sure, for ground mounts the centaur can just gallop, but that has the unfortunate side effect of not allowing the other ground mounts to be used. And then we have flying. How would a centaur use a flying mount, since none are designed with models like a centaur in mind? Imagine fitting a centaur in the mech mounts, for example. Or any of the flying taxis, or airplanes, etc.

And then we have the whole thing about armor, too. That would require Blizzard to go back and make all currently existing armor, from vanilla to the present date, and create whole new textures for it just so the leg armor textures don't look messily distorted by being overly stretched to fit the centaur's lower body. And considering Blizzard seems to believe that "work smarter = work less"... I doubt that'd ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the updated Centaur mode, it was REALLY needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, those old models were showing their age on WoW's release... They were not one of the best looking models in game for sure. So I welcome the new models.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account

The models look good but no, don't make them playable. They are also not the same centaurs as the Barrens variety.

Don't really notice any difference. They're just updated.

Some of their faces are just soulless:

And they've lost some of their asiatic looks:

I just wanna know why the faces look like Final Fantasy 12 characters. Specifically Balthier. Not the HD Remake one either.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I just wanna know why the faces look like Final Fantasy 12 characters. Specifically Balthier. Not the HD Remake one either.
    I was thinking elves from Morrowind (2002)

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    I don't remember Morrowind that much. Just what someone said in General chat the other night and I can't unsee it.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

The female face looks very much like an asian male to me, mongol-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    As long as none of the Maruuk ask me to find their missing ring, I can live with this.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

They ‘beautified’ their faces too much. I’d rather they stuck a bit closer to the originals. It’s hard to see them as WoW centaurs
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

some backstory might be they started mating with elves and got pretty faces.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.