Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

gold nerf from callings already??

they couldn't have waited until at least expac launch? sigh....

I mean

1. Are you suprised
    2. 2k gold isn't a lot these days....

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is weird. Why wait for phase 2 and not launch? May as well have said "Oh, gold will be nerfed on November 20th at 3:54pm."
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

The only gold income they don't nerf is the buying gold from them.

i have 25 level-60's, but only have four doing COV related content. of those four only 1-2 do the callings. getting 2K+/- gold with huge fleets of mains adds up fast. i have seen multi-boxers when i do some of the WQs related to callings. if i did the same with 25 players, maybe it could be very lucrative and fast, especially at 70 in DF even easier.

while not as easy as WOD garrison gold, prob did need nerfed. when or if they announced it would not matter. there still would be complaints

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Every token has gold supplied by players. Blizzard does not create gold for token sales and it is possible for them to out of stock on the AH.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean

1. Are you suprised
    2. 2k gold isn't a lot these days....
    I'm surprised that they did it before launch. all other expacs they didn't nerf it until a few weeks after launch. that and 2k adds up. it was pretty much my only source of income, so.. that sucks.

like I understand why it gets nerfed in general. they want people in new content, not doing old content for income. but new content is not even out yet. and the pre-launch events are kinda... meh TBH.

they nerfed missions too, and i assume they have also nerfed the bonus rep hand in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    ??? Cause they have no control over it, the players do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ??? Cause they have no control over it, the players do.
    Not entirely accurate.

It's more like players trade Blizzard X amount of gold for $15 worth of Blizzard product and then Blizzard sells that gold to another player for $20, making a profit along the way.

You can't divorce Blizzard from the transaction because at the least they are the middleman taking a markup. If they truly had no control, as you state, then they would not be involved in the transaction at all and players would be trading gold directly to each other for cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    It's more like players trade Blizzard X amount of gold for $15 worth of Blizzard product and then Blizzard sells that gold to another player for $20, making a profit along the way.
    To be accurate Blizzard is the processor and charges a $5 fee. The transaction is always between two players. You list your token on the AH and another player buys it. The game does the same for gold-item transactions on the AH. Blizzard is the middle man and takes a fee (gold) for doing so.

Blizzard doesn't generate gold for the token so there is no control from that aspect. The only thing they do control to a limited degree is price fluctuations so there are no real wild swings and so you don't put a token in the AH and get way less gold.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw this from Mr GM a few weeks ago on Twitter, unsure if anyone else mentioned it. From what I'm aware Callings rewards have their Vendor Price greys gutted, Mission Table gold missions no longer reward anything (very odd because they don't even reward Anima instead like BFA did). Also the nerfs to the Vendor Price of expensive trash items also include those found in treasures around Shadowlands (some would Vendor for 700g).

I'm unsure if Paragon Caches or the Weekly Korthia/Zereth Mortis quests were nerfed. When I last checked it on PTR the rewards for the Korthia Weekly and Paragon Caches were unchanged, but BFA's Paragon Caches got nerfed to around 300-400g so if they weren't already they might go like that.

Personally I'm hoping they don't nerf these. Paragon Caches require too much effort to bother focusing on beyond Shadowlands and I don't think a Weekly Quest that awards around 2k is an issues (I also don't think the Visions of N'Zoth Weekly/Bi-Weekly quests had their gold removed).

I'm EU here so I won't see the full extent of things until tomorrow. I've spent this last week going hard to finish Reps, claim Paragon Caches and push for any Paragon Caches for Reps that go above 5k (madman here). I made almost 900k which is a lot even for me, but I've done practically nothing but Korthia/ZM/Callings this week with 15 characters. Will only be checking Mission Tables once a day if that now instead of twice a day often and working towards my final Paragon Caches/Exalted with certain Reps.

I'm still planning to do ZM things for now, but that's because I'm still missing a mount or two and lots of pets from the Protoforge. I also still need a shed ton of Anima for Covenant Weapon/Armor set appearances which might be somewhere in the range of 300k Anima, possibly more, so I will still be spending a lot of time in Shadowlands. Already expecting to lock a few Characters here to finish Campaigns for their Armor sets/weapons and Sanctum Features (Ember Court for the next few months ).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely accurate.

You can't divorce Blizzard from the transaction because at the least they are the middleman taking a markup. If they truly had no control, as you state, then they would not be involved in the transaction at all and players would be trading gold directly to each other for cash.
    Blizzard has no control over the gold price though... they get a fee every time a transaction happens, but they have no influence on the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Yeah I saw this from Mr GM a few weeks ago on Twitter, unsure if anyone else mentioned it. From what I'm aware Callings rewards have their Vendor Price greys gutted, Mission Table gold missions no longer reward anything (very odd because they don't even reward Anima instead like BFA did). Also the nerfs to the Vendor Price of expensive trash items also include those found in treasures around Shadowlands (some would Vendor for 700g).

I'm unsure if Paragon Caches or the Weekly Korthia/Zereth Mortis quests were nerfed. When I last checked it on PTR the rewards for the Korthia Weekly and Paragon Caches were unchanged, but BFA's Paragon Caches got nerfed to around 300-400g so if they weren't already they might go like that.

Personally I'm hoping they don't nerf these. Paragon Caches require too much effort to bother focusing on beyond Shadowlands and I don't think a Weekly Quest that awards around 2k is an issues (I also don't think the Visions of N'Zoth Weekly/Bi-Weekly quests had their gold removed).

I'm EU here so I won't see the full extent of things until tomorrow. I've spent this last week going hard to finish Reps, claim Paragon Caches and push for any Paragon Caches for Reps that go above 5k (madman here). I made almost 900k which is a lot even for me, but I've done practically nothing but Korthia/ZM/Callings this week with 15 characters. Will only be checking Mission Tables once a day if that now instead of twice a day often and working towards my final Paragon Caches/Exalted with certain Reps.

I'm still planning to do ZM things for now, but that's because I'm still missing a mount or two and lots of pets from the Protoforge. I also still need a shed ton of Anima for Covenant Weapon/Armor set appearances which might be somewhere in the range of 300k Anima, possibly more, so I will still be spending a lot of time in Shadowlands. Already expecting to lock a few Characters here to finish Campaigns for their Armor sets/weapons and Sanctum Features (Ember Court for the next few months ).
    did they ever announce it anywhere other then twitter?

ah well, honestly after seeing how much they gutted the callings and how underwhelming pre-expansion event is combined with usual patch day bugs, I just logged. I will try to get the time limited pet and stuff, but even that I fully acknowledge to be FOMO rather then genuine desire and my mind may change after I participate in event some more.

it may sound silly, but this nerf just really dampened my desire to play WoW in general.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    did they ever announce it anywhere other then twitter?

ah well, honestly after seeing how much they gutted the callings and how underwhelming pre-expansion event is combined with usual patch day bugs, I just logged. I will try to get the time limited pet and stuff, but even that I fully acknowledge to be FOMO rather then genuine desire and my mind may change after I participate in event some more.

it may sound silly, but this nerf just really dampened my desire to play WoW in general.
    I've not seen anything official anywhere, but I expected it to happen at some point. Unsure why Mr GM knew exactly (assuming Blizzard sources) but no one else seemed to mention it. WoD, Legion and BFA were also gutted with the new Expansions, although I can't remember the exact timings of those. I think it was the start of their pre-patches but can't remember.

Don't have high expectations of the event honestly, it only lasting two weeks gives them limited time on what they can do More looking forward to messing with an Evoker and my Anima grind. Also doing LFR with a gazillion Evokers, might be interesting
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Every token has gold supplied by players. Blizzard does not create gold for token sales and it is possible for them to out of stock on the AH.
    Its not possible to sell out, there is billions of gold in circulation, and multiple millions if not billions get generated every single day, players dont buy gold enough for them to ever run out. The only limit is the tokens that are being sold, there is always someone to buy a token though.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not possible to sell out, there is billions of gold in circulation, and multiple millions if not billions get generated every single day, players dont buy gold enough for them to ever run out. The only limit is the tokens that are being sold, there is always someone to buy a token though.
    It is possible for the AH to sell out. It has happened before. If no one buys a token they don't sell. If no one posts a token there are none to buy. It is a player driven system.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizzard has no control over the gold price though
    Absolutely incorrect, again.

Blizzard certainly controls the price of gold. Simply by adjusting the rate at which gold can enter the game (something Blizzard absolutely can and must be able to do) Blizzard de facto sets the price of gold. If Blizzard nerfs gold production, which again is something they absolutely can and should be able to do, then the price of gold will rise due to a more restricted supply. If Blizzard creates more gold production methods, even as simple as increasing the rate of raw gold, then the supply will increase and the price will drop.

Also, given that Blizzard sets the vendor prices, they also establish the baseline for gold's actual value. If there are mounts or gear available for gold on vendors or via crafting then Blizzard has set a value for gold relative to what you can expect to purchase for a given amount of gold. This then influences the prices players can charge for these items either via the Auction House or through carries.

It's incredibly naive to believe that a company whose product relies extremely heavily on its in-game economy would have no hand in that economy. And gold-selling, even through the token, interacts with that economy.

eta: It's also worth mentioning that the oft-repeated mantra of "The token is really a deal between players, Blizzard is not involved other than a $5 surcharge!" is entirely bogus, as well, because the gold still originates with Blizzard. Players have to earn the gold from Blizzard in the first place by doing the work Blizzard requires.
    Last edited by VMSmith; 2022-11-16 at 04:48 AM.

You clearly never did a Double-Calling NHC Train with multiple toons
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    eta: It's also worth mentioning that the oft-repeated mantra of "The token is really a deal between players, Blizzard is not involved other than a $5 surcharge!" is entirely bogus, as well, because the gold still originates with Blizzard. Players have to earn the gold from Blizzard in the first place by doing the work Blizzard requires.
    Everything originates with Blizzard because it is their game. It is however the player that is required to earn that gold. So it isn't bogus at all because that is how the system works. Have people actually set prices for carries and BoE gear/mounts/etc based on the token price? Because the price of carries usually drops the longer the content is around and not because the token has gone up or down.