Page 1 of 94
... LastLast

No Dragonflight numbers from Blizzard means??

We have not seen any bragging from Blizzard about Dragonflight on any metrics whatsoever, is this because Dragonflight just didn't create enough hype or is it because Bfa and Shadowlands burned away a lot of player loyalty?.

Today on I need to be mad at blizzard but I don't know what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Today on I need to be mad at blizzard but I don't know what
    My thoughts exactly.

:despairge:

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    We have not seen any bragging from Blizzard about Dragonflight on any metrics whatsoever, is this because Dragonflight just didn't create enough hype or is it because Bfa and Shadowlands burned away a lot of player loyalty?.
    Imagine being this desperate for outrage towards a company.. yikes.

Or because most people are either A) Playing the game and don't give a shit about the numbers or B) So fucking cynical that any numbers they might put out they'll dismiss as made up or inaccurate and they probably haven't played the game in years.

Another Blizzard hate provoker at work i see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.. stay with me now.. it's only been live for 11 days, and there is still time, or maybe they are going to just mention them for the Q4 meeting? Doesn't really matter as long as we know that the game is operating for us, and won't just cut the cable of a sudden, which it won't. Can also be numbers held back due to the attempt at acquisition.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I remember them announcing it for MoP a week later aswell which also sold less. Was not a quality issue but rather the way they marketed the expansion. Hard to tell how DF is doing but Blizzard had a really rough couple of years during SL which might have affected their sales.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quick check on google and you can see that SL numbers were released 2 weeks after release.

I don't expect breaking 3.7M record, SL had lockdown boost (many don't remember we even had small queues on retail for few days), 2x longer pre-order period and DF has chill atmosphere compared to "omg sky is falling" from SL. Almost every expansion from Cata has 3.3M-3.4M, so most likely this - but also only exception (2.7M) was another "chill" expansion - Pandaria.

Next game with chances to break Blizzard record is Diablo IV.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means the game is dead, obviously.

Will those numbers affect whether you will play or not ?

for me they don't mean jack shit, if the game is good i'll play
    you need to stop holding high regards towards wow

you like it play, you don't quit and don't bother anyone with the state of the game, no one realllly cares

15+ Year Old Account
    wow has a new expansion? Whatever happened with that one where everyone died or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Quick check on google and you can see that SL numbers were released 2 weeks after release.

I don't expect breaking 3.7M record, SL had lockdown boost (many don't remember we even had small queues on retail for few days), 2x longer pre-order period and DF has chill atmosphere compared to "omg sky is falling" from SL. Almost every expansion from Cata has 3.3M-3.4M, so most likely this - but also only exception (2.7M) was another "chill" expansion - Pandaria.

Next game with chances to break Blizzard record is Diablo IV.
    yea got the ad on the screen to pre order D4. After what happens with DI and DF I am not giving blizzard a penny on D4. Bring back on style from d1 and s2 and get rib of this cash shop style and p2w and we will talk. I am sure D4 will come with a season pass, battle pass and a bunch of in-game shop items you can buy.

I'm sure Bellular's cooking up a video where he's correlated how the number of people who maxed out their Cooking skill in Dragonflight is inversely proportional to how many raids are being completed and it's all because Blizzard failed to listen to the community when they said that Mages need to do 1 billion DPS in all situations.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-12-09 at 03:56 PM.

For shadowlands, I don’t believe they announced it “breaking records” until the 2 week mark.

Who cares, honestly?

Shadowlands broke records and it was an awful expansion. Dragonflight might be commercially less successful but still end up being a solid expansion. As player I would be more concerned with my personal enjoyment over what's a financial success for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MuricaIsDead View Post
    wow has a new expansion? Whatever happened with that one where everyone died or something?
    We got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    Will those numbers affect whether you will play or not ?

for me they don't mean jack shit, if the game is good i'll play
    you need to stop holding high regards towards wow

you like it play, you don't quit and don't bother anyone with the state of the game, no one realllly cares
    Or the OP could just be curious?

I know I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Who cares, honestly?

Shadowlands broke records and it was an awful expansion. Dragonflight might be commercially less successful but still end up being a solid expansion. As player I would be more concerned with my personal enjoyment over what's a financial success for Blizzard.
    I don’t know about care, but curious for curiosity sake.

lol i never cared about numbers even when they git 10 million to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Or the OP could just be curious?

I know I am.
    I don’t know about care, but curious for curiosity sake.
    OP literally frames it as failure in multiple ways.

They're not just curious, they're looking for the negative.

Meanwhile, we literally had overwatch 2 come out a few months ago and it took 3 weeks for them to say they had 20m players play the game so far.
    Dunno why someone would expect it just after the first week.