Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The benefit of personal loot is that it protected you from pressure to not roll Need.

Group loot is Blizzard enabling toxic group behavior. This was an incredibly stupid (or perhaps malicious) change on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2022-12-19 at 12:49 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Ye, tried it in pre patch and LFR was brutal.. It should favour people with lower ilevel somehow without messing it up for others, idk. After all, it's RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Was getting used to Personal loot and kinda liked it.

But Group loot sucks in Pug raids.

People getting item after item. People need items that are no MS, people need on tmog.
    If they need and won over you than it was a mainspec item for them.

The way the new system works is the following

MS wins over everthing

OS wins over greed but will lose over MS

Greed is just greed.

The system knows what spec your toon is playing in. So if you are rollng against 3 other shanans. 2 which are enh, 1 resto and you ele. Lets say 1 of the enh sets their loot spec to resto and a healing trinket drops. The resto and enh roll need. The resto will win it. Because that is how the new system works. The spec you are playing in will win every time over an OS roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    Was getting used to Personal loot and kinda liked it.

But Group loot sucks in Pug raids.

People getting item after item. People need items that are no MS, people need on tmog.
    Sucks man. one of the downsides with pugging, especially now with group loot back. Is what it is. Just need on what you want and hope the rolls are in your favor. If not, carry on and wish for better rolls coming your way.

For us who pugs, this is just the reality and the risks of doing it. Just as theres always a risk your grp sucks donkeykongballs or something else.

From the majority of the people in here I can tell they actually do not fully understand how the new system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

MS wins over everthing

Greed is just greed.

The system knows what spec your toon is playing in. So if you are rollng against 3 other shanans. 2 which are enh, 1 resto and you ele. Lets say 1 of the enh sets their loot spec to resto and a healing trinket drops. The resto and enh roll need. The resto will win it. Because that is how the new system works. The spec you are playing in will win every time over an OS roll.
    Oh really? I didnt know that! So as a general rule one should need on an item you want to use either for MS or OS and then the game will find out who should have it? It used to be greed = off spec.

What if I run as a holy paladin but have set loot choice as retri?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The benefit of personal loot is that it protected you from pressure to not roll Need.

Group loot is Blizzard enabling toxic group behavior. This was an incredibly stupid (or perhaps malicious) change on Blizzard's part.
    Or the classic move where half the pug raid is friends/guildies and everyone rolls need on literally everything and then just trade the item among them. If that can be done still. Dont know, havent pug raided this xpac yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Oh really? I didnt know that! So as a general rule one should need on an item you want to use either for MS or OS and then the game will find out who should have it? It used to be greed = off spec.

What if I run as a holy paladin but have set loot choice as retri?
    Its weird how people dont read things in game, unless they removed it, on beta it was clear as day.

You rolled Need (Main Spec) for XX Item. (Set by Loot spec, you can play Holy and set Retri)

You rolled Need (Offspec) for XX Item.

You think this shit is general basic game knowledge (cause it was officially explained 3 months ago) and then you have mmo-champion, never disappointing, you try to avoid posting from the first page and you see it reaching pages and pages of weirdo arguments.

If guilds abuse it, in 2022, you are in a shitshow guild, move on.

So no, 6 pages of dumbness, its literally the same as personal loot with PUGS, you just see the rolls.
    Last edited by potis; 2022-12-19 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    ..For PUGs there is a small chance to abuse..
    In every PUG I've been in there was some dipshit abusing it. Small chance. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    In every PUG I've been in there was some dipshit abusing it. Small chance. xD
    I corrected it, there is no abuse, it "feels" like abuse because he didnt say "My loot spec is set to XXX", which is irrelevant, its same as personal loot, you wouldnt know if it was set and he received the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    The new loot system is literally identical except that the rolls are public and you have the option to pass. You're complaining about nothing. Shut up.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    It is not. Previously there wasn't an incentive to build groups where you maximize your chance of getting an item like a token or something. It's pretty toxic right now with leaders being the only person on a token and ultimately it hurts the group because they decline good people of the wrong class / armor type and missing tools. It's far too commonplace, but can't blame them. It's the same as hardres on classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It is not. Previously there wasn't an incentive to build groups where you maximize your chance of getting an item like a token or something. It's pretty toxic right now with leaders being the only person on a token and ultimately it hurts the group because they decline good people of the wrong class / armor type and missing tools. It's far too commonplace, but can't blame them. It's the same as hardres on classic.
    Which is what was requested from the "community", you didnt, i didnt, someone else didnt, but 10 other posters did, so they implemented it back as they always do with dumb choices.

Its something you get used to, its the same as it always was, with tier sets and you are acting like you are forgetting cause tiers disappeared for a bit, even with personal loot PUG leaders still did what you claim they only do now.

MS wins over everthing

Greed is just greed.

If that is true you know what system that is different than? Personal loot. For PL if a person changed their loot spec to OS and a boss died they would win the OS item. In this system the OS could NEVER win the item with a need roll over a MS if any MS rolled need on said item.

I want Group Loot in Dungeons as well, M+ feels bad killing 12 bosses for 3 pices of loot on M+ runs. I want to see a piece of loot drop off each boss as the game was originally designed. It felt good doing LFR in prepatch and having the loot that dropped off a boss being rolled for, it felt like WOW again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    It should have been an option. First raid and we once again have loot drama, with warriors rolling need on item that increases fire damage and so on.
    Because its a huge dps boost? Learn how classes first play before you open your mouth with accustations lol...

- - - Updated - - -

MS wins over everthing

Greed is just greed.

I'm gonna go ahead and require a source for this because I dont believe you.
    The system isn't that smart, like, at all. Never have been, never will be.
    If it is? prove it with blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    The safeguard is to find a different guild that doesn't participate in scummy behavior. Blizzard doesn't have to hold your hand for everything.
    they dont have to hold hand but they are responsible to controling toxic behaviours in game.

now they enabled horrible extortion again . and ofc many players will quit because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    For you maybe. Me personally I rather see someone need a item and win it over seeing more gold or resources just go into my bag.

Did you miss that part when the personal loot were tradeable?

In that case, I will give you two examples.

1. You roll against an actual ret paladin. In that case the ret will win due to it actually being main spec for them.

2. You roll against a prot paladin, both you roll for ret spec on a 2hd weapon. You both have equal chance due to the weapon being OS for both of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Because its a huge dps boost? Learn how classes first play before you open your mouth with accustations lol...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna go ahead and require a source for this because I dont believe you.
    The system isn't that smart, like, at all. Never have been, never will be.
    If it is? prove it with blue post.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...on-boes-329108

They literally talked about it for weeks. People reallly need to pay attention to devs. They've been commumicating daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    If that is true you know what system that is different than? Personal loot. For PL if a person changed their loot spec to OS and a boss died they would win the OS item. In this system the OS could NEVER win the item with a need roll over a MS if any MS rolled need on said item.
    It is smarter than that. If a player already has the item in their bags or bank they can not roll.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...on-boes-329108

They literally talked about it for weeks. People reallly need to pay attention to devs. They've been commumicating daily.
    I'm sorry for not documenting every single change blizzard makes lol.
    Great change, thanks for posting the sauce. I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Loot is random. You can not stack it. You could run all plate and have an entire raid only drop cloth and mail. Devs even said this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    because it's possible now to roll need on items that are unsuitable to your spec or even class, where are before you could only "need" items that are specifically matching your loot spec.
    Uh pretty sure as a Cloth wearer, the option to roll need on plate shoulders was greyed out.

Additionally, the game knows if you roll need on an off-spec piece. Check the loot messages, it will say XXX rolled need - off spec on YYY

Does make it a bit weird for Disc Priests though.... That DPS trinket can be a main spec trinket instead of "off spec"
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.