Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scwish View Post
    I´m currently at 213 points in blacksmithing. Basically it comes down to: do everything, as in:
    - find one-time treasures
    - weekly consortium quests
    - weekly treatise (from inscription)
    - weekly rare items from treasures or mobs
    - talk to profession master for 10
    - one-time 10 point items from consortium reputation for mettle (use a 3 star contract on them every week)
    - one-time bonuses from faction renown
    - all first time crafts you can get your hands on (gather all recipes from consortium rep, renown and AH, then regularly check crafting table for orders you can´t just make for yourself or sell)
    - be lucky with dragon shard of knowledge drops (I´m not), not to forget the questline to unlock those
    - monthly darkmoon faire

Sooner or later, it´s time gated weekly because you did everything else. I´m still not even halfway to max rep with consortium so I lack 10 points from that, and I didn´t see a single drop from treasures yet this week. I´ll cap out in weaponsmithing in 27 points.

I guess even if you do everything all the time, the result vastly differs between professions, I can´t tell how "easy" blacksmithing is compared to others.
    Where do you get these from? Also is the darkmoon faire open now?
    Also I believe you can get knowledge points from completing the achievement personal crafter

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Exploit early. Thats always the key and reason.
    You could abandon one of your professions, get a new one, reset all the weekly quests, do them and repeat.
    Voila.
    Lol. Why are you telling people they needed to exploit in order to get over 100 knowledge points when that is a blatant lie? All you have to do is play the game to get that. Hell, my 61 alt that does nothing but craft wrists and DE them has almost that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntin View Post
    Also I believe you can get knowledge points from completing the achievement personal crafter

The major crafting profs (BS, Tailoring, LW) do kinda hit a wall since a lot of the first time crafts need sparks and you need knowledge points just to unlock them to get the first time craft points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Lol. Why are you telling people they needed to exploit in order to get over 100 knowledge points when that is a blatant lie? All you have to do is play the game to get that. Hell, my 61 alt that does nothing but craft wrists and DE them has almost that much.
    I never said it was needed, i said thats what people did week 1.
    How do you get knowledge from crafting or de?

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntin View Post

Weekly consortium quests as in, the ones you get from the NPCs close to the crafting order post, every reset.
    Weekly treatise: you get those crafted via crafting order. See: Draconic Treatise on Blacksmithing on wowhead.
    Weekly rare items: those are random drops from mobs, or found in disturbed dirt or explorer´s scout packs. Afaik you can get one per week that grants 3 skill, and 3 per week for 1 skill each.
    Darkmoon faire opened yesterday, yes. You get 3 knowledge and 2 skill from the quest (2 skill in legacy, oldschool blacksmithing if you´re already capped with dragon isles blacksmithing).
    The knowledge from the personal crafter achievement, afaik that existed in beta, has been removed before launch and will return in 10.0.5, but not sure.

Im at 172 engineering and 180 in enchanting on 1 character - didnt do any profession changing exploits, just the regular weekly stuff, dirt and capped renowns.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Playing the game, lots of ways to get points hell you can even theoretically get unlimited a week from getting the rare drop that you trade to the centaur. I managed to get 10 this week from mPlus/raiding.
    If you really having issues getting points check out the guides on wowhead