Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    They don't need to change any old content to enable dragon riding there. Where are people getting that?
    How do you know? If that's the case then why can't you use it in old world content?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    i truly do not believe this bullshit excuse for laziness. gtfo here
    You are aware that this is a game, not a job?
    I play to relax. You can call that lazy all you want but it is not a bad thing.
    You can be all gung ho in the game, as long as they keep the ability to lazily have fun too.

We all play the game differently, so having more options is always better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    How do you know?
    Because there is no need for any particular level design features to support dragon riding.

If that's the case then why can't you use it in old world content?
    Because they still have to resolve how to make old flying mounts and dragons co-exist from a design PoV without dragons rendering all other mounts obsolete, so they decided to just let flying work the way it used to in old zones until they sort this out?

Or simply because they wanted to wait and see how dragon riding was received first.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want old flying mounts just so you can reap the benefits of warmode without actually having to pvp? Buddy, you can dismount people while flying now. You won't be able to "afk safely" in war mode even when they bring old flying back.

There should be no "safety" in war mode, if you want to be safe then defend yourself.
    It may surprise you, but you can still safely afk while while in warmode. The dismount ability has a range and cast time, therefore simply outranging it means you're safe. I've only done it a few thousand times waiting for stuff but I maybe I don't know @_@

The only time I'd be unsafe is if dragonriding dismount works on old flying mounts, that would eliminate what I've said. Otherwise, things will stay the same like they have for years now for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This. Older zones aren't designed for dragonriding, so it makes sense that while it could be enjoyable for some, it won't be ideal compared to old flight. As an example, imagine trying to fly up to talk to Thorim. I have a feeling Dragonriding wouldn't be able to manage that...
    They can easily get around this by placing flight boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Thorim would be a problem, but I can't really think of anything else. Maybe the plane of air in Uldum.

Taking stuff away is what led us to walking in the Maw. Blizzard, I sincerely hope by now, realizes most players hate being restricted. Whether normal flight was a mistake or not, Pandora's box is open. They promised normal flight would return and if they renege on that promise (again) I, and many players like me, will quit forever.
    With 5 second Vigor regen you can climb endlessly so long as you get some speed first. It requires more effort than just pointing at the top and AFKing but I have no problem with, for example, reaching the chamber of the Aspects in Valdrakken from the ground. And one of the Glyphs requires scaling an xboxhueg mountain which I did with only one stop because I messed up.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Dragon flying is basically flying with limited stamina, like some console QTE events.
    Ye its fun now but in a month... uhh.

I definitely do not want it to replace regular flying.
    What? Its not limited at all? You can fly nonstop for hours if you wanted?

- - - Updated - - -

Because they still have to resolve how to make old flying mounts and dragons co-exist from a design PoV without dragons rendering all other mounts obsolete, so they decided to just let flying work the way it used to in old zones until they sort this out?

Or simply because they wanted to wait and see how dragon riding was received first.
    Me and my friends are saying it so everyone knows how superior dragonflying really is.
    Literally every group doing m+ in the old portals bring up how much old flying sucks.
    Its a clever move from blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dragonriding sucks for getting around on alts who haven't collected a decent amount of glyphs.
    Glyphs are account wide, you just need to visit the trainer and spend them on your alts

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    It may surprise you, but you can still safely afk while while in warmode. The dismount ability has a range and cast time, therefore simply outranging it means you're safe. I've only done it a few thousand times waiting for stuff but I maybe I don't know @_@
    There are two methods for dismounting. The one you're talking about is the qalashi wingshredder. It does have a cast time but that doesn't help if you are stunned, does it?

The second method is using whirling surge to dismount someone else while you are yourself flying, which means even if you take off, someone can run after you and dismount you.

By the way you have a very interesting definition of "afk" if you can fly away whenever someone attacks you. Which is to say, you're not looking to be able to afk safely, you are only looking for a way to avoid pvp in warmode, where pvp is the point. You won't find much sympathy for that line of reasoning.

I think they should replace all flying with dragonriding. It's simply amazing and a joy to play. Going back to regular flying in the old areas feels very strange and unnatural. Probably because things using real physics just feels more natural overall. I always find myself trying to double jump on my old mounts and get disappointed when I remember I can't dragonride there.

The only issue I can see is trying to make new dragonriding animations for all of the different types of old flying mounts. However, I think that can be solved by just making the mount go faster instead of twirling, or whatever. Old mounts just won't get new animations. But they should definitely start making all new flying mounts have dragonriding animations from here on out.

it's a bit average when you're gathering though, if you have to stop often, you'll run out of energy

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Dragonriding is already a chore and a bore. I want to just get on my mount and fly from a to b without having to actively fly the damn thing, maintaining momentum and work for it. Flying you just aim towards where you go and hit autorun. Dragonflight just feels like unescessary extra atm
    I think they should make it that you have both at the same time. You can just aim the dragon in a direction and afk or you can actively use the skills and get there a bit faster. Win-Win for all.

not having the possibility to autorun and alt-tab during the flight time anoy me a bit honestly

Not sure how anyone can thing OG flying is outdated if they ever gather. It's absolutely abhorrent moving between mining / herb nodes when you don't get anywhere near enough vigor from gathering to fuel how often you need to launch.

Dragon riding is great when you're going long distances from A to B, but dreadful for short distances and don't get me started on if trees get involved in the situation, banging into a branch you can't see because of modern day lush canopies replacing PS1 trees is dreadful.

What baffles me is why anyone in their right mind doesn't think both systems work just fine alongside each other - just enable both. The hell is the downside?

How do you know? If that's the case then why can't you use it in old world content?
    Because the Drakthyr racial is the exact same thing and works there just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    Glyphs are account wide, you just need to visit the trainer and spend them on your alts
    You don't even need to visit a trainer, just click the dragon riding icon on the map and the tree is there from anywhere on an alt.
    Last edited by Nagarkhan; 2022-12-24 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banadona View Post
    I think they should make it that you have both at the same time. You can just aim the dragon in a direction and afk or you can actively use the skills and get there a bit faster. Win-Win for all.
    Then you get the same situation that we get every now and then with flying vs no flying, except people will be "arguing" that they don't want DR in the game because it grants an advantage over those using regular flying.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon riding when you're fully upgraded is largely superior to normal flying. It's faster and more interactive.

Normal flying is like a flight point and being able to sit in the air stationary is the only perk is has over dragon riding. I can understand why people still enjoy this similar to how some people like lime green/yellow cars. Personal taste and that's fine.

The argument is silly as both options should exist in all of Azeroth and let player's choose what they want to use.

I like dragonflying. But I miss the ability to switch to normal flying. Like when I'm just flying a short distance or if I'm searching for something in a small area. It's akward that we can only launch high up the air and zoom around and do cruise ship like turns.

I suggest a normal flight button that cost 1vigor per minut or something like that.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2022-12-24 at 01:36 PM.

I love dragonriding BUT not everyone plays WoW with a mouse and with a touchpad it's extremely uncomfortable. It also has accessibility issues - Blizzard have been big about adding new accessibility options but here's a challenge for everyone who wants dragonriding to replace flying entirely try using it without using a mouse and only using the keyboard.

I hope they keep dragonriding in the future however they need to also have normal flying as well.

Because as I said in an earlier post, the old world isn't set up for it. The sky box of the Dragon Isles is one consistent height from one end to the other. So say it's 100 yards for the sake of arguement. That means it's 100 yards from where you land on the Waking Shore to Valdrakken, to the west coast of Ohn'aran Plains to the South coast of Azure Span to the North cost of Waking Shores again.

In Eastern Kingdom/Kalimdor, this is not the case. You don't even have consistent sky box heights in the same zone let alone the entire conteninents. For example in Twilight Highlands, the Skybox has at least 2 different heights. There's the lower one for the majority of the zone, but it gets a higher one iaround the Bastion of Twilight Raid instance. This is a problem because when you encounter a change like that from the higher heights, you will collide with an invisible wall and immediately stop and start falling.

And, of course, Eversong Woods & Ghostlands are still outdated for even regular flight. They still have all the 2D tricks that Vanilla-Wrath had for Kal/EK. For example there, the spire where the portal is in Silvermoon City isn't a 3D spire. It's a box with a 3D painted texture on it to make it look like a 3D structure. And any place that is not accessible will only have the most basic textures and be relatively flat without any details.

This right here too. People seem to always want Blizzard to take a brand new system, which isn't even been live a full month yet, and immediately expand it everywhere. Conveniently forgetting that the developers, artists, writers, etc. are currently working on Patches 10.0.5, 10.0.7, 10.1, etc. Blizzard will probably not do any adjustments to Kalimdor, EK, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles, or Zandalar/Kul'tiras until Patch 11.0 at the earliest.

I do hope they enable regular flight in the Dragon Isles Soon™ though. I really hate mining/herbing on a Dragonriding mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagarkhan View Post
    Not sure how anyone can thing OG flying is outdated if they ever gather. It's absolutely abhorrent moving between mining / herb nodes when you don't get anywhere near enough vigor from gathering to fuel how often you need to launch.

Dragon riding is great when you're going long distances from A to B, but dreadful for short distances and don't get me started on if trees get involved in the situation, banging into a branch you can't see because of modern day lush canopies replacing PS1 trees is dreadful.
    There's a skill aspect to Dragonriding - ensuring you have enough vigour, judging if you should fly or ride to a gathering node, accuracy in landing, gaining and keeping height, l2p issues with trees etc - that are nullified by the old style flying being available at the same time so I expect going forward easy-mode flight will be kept for later parts of the expansion so there is some aspect of challenge to completing the content early