Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I foresee them either

1) Allowing us to Dragonride anywhere, or
    2) Giving us a increased speed training, like 700% mounted speed or something.

I agree that it feels SOO Slow even with 310% mount speed, that they have to do something. If they do allow Dragonriding to be done in the azeroth and stuff, I hope they allow us to use our regular mounts to do so, or give us to option to skin our dragon to one of our acquired mounts.

I think they should definitely keep it as a feature going forward but maybe they should think about having old flying as an accesibility option for those that are unable to use it properly due to disabilities, for example people with dexterity issues or people that have 30k forum posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

DF already seems to have regular flying - you just need to be dead to be able to access it.

Personally I hope we'll be able to do both types of flying there. Dragon riding is a hoot, and normal flying is great if you are looking for herbs / ore, or if you want to /afk for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dragonriding = Immersive, modern
    2004 flying = game breaking and dull

If i was Blizzard, i would know where to invest my time in.
    Strong disagree. I stopped playing and one of the main reasons is dragon riding. Got old, very fast. It’s like a budget GW2z

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding should be a 100% viable alternative to regular flying in all zones, past, present and future. It's just better by miles, and there are no reasons dragonriding can't work in zones already designed for flying.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    They could also combine the features into one:
    Option 1:
    New dragonriding "Skill" Hover - costs 1 vigor, lets you hover in air and vigor regen acts as if on ground
    Option 2:
    "Explore" mode toggle skill - switches to old flying with cap speed and option to hover but you can't use dragonriding skills. requires to be on ground to switch (so you can't just fly high up in the air and toggle dragonriding)

IMO option 2 would be great and with few tweaking of animations, old mounts could be used too (Cloud serpents would be hilarious tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Dragon flying is basically flying with limited stamina, like some console QTE events.
    Ye its fun now but in a month... uhh.

I definitely do not want it to replace regular flying.
    Once you've unlocked all the perks flying is pretty much unlimited and the only potential issues involve reaching points that are set as challenges.

Both dragonriding and flying should exist in any flying enabled zone.

Dragonriding is great and fun, but first of all not everyone enjoys it or can handle it and second even with all talents unlocked you can still end up in situations where you don't have vigor and your only option is to wait on the ground. Not to mention that there are also some situations where you just need to go from A to B with no detours, so regular flying with auto-run is simply better than having to manage vigor and abilities, specially for long travels.

So as much as regular flying feels slow and boring when compared to dragonriding, i still want to have that option. So let's have both and let people choose how and when to use them.

Honestly, a more interesting topic would be if they could do something to enable dragonriding for a bunch of old flying mounts.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Dragon riding is boring i want normal riding in the new zones already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    For the same reason we still cannot fly in Eversong Woods/Ghostlands and Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles. Because they're not set up for them design wise. They need to fix the sky boxes. If you want an example, go to the entrance to the Bastion of Twilight in Twilight Highlands. Get on the flying mount and fly straight forward. You'll hit an invisible wall.
    But Soar works the same as Dragonriding and Soar works in all zones.

Dragonriding is okay, but hardly a game revolutionising mechanic.

It can be both pleasant and frustrating. I can see why some people might like the system, but I find most of the time I just hit ascend a few times to get height then just beeline towards the objective, it doesn't feel all that different to regular flight.

But other times it lacks precision, sometimes I just want to find a good spot to land but with the speed it can be imprecise.

And I do miss being able to hover.

7+ Year Old Account
    We need both.
    I prefer Dragonriding, but I acknowledge not everyone find it comfortable. Some people with reduced finger mobility(like just one hand) might find it difficult to use Dragonriding, or those who find it nauseating due to all the sharp turns and wiggling.
    It doesn't hurt anyone to keep both in the game, but a small speed boost for old flying wouldn't hurt us who prefer Dragonriding.

It's been a couple weeks now so I can give a real opinion. Honestly, I don't mind dragonriding, but if normal flying was allowed I would always use it. Even for long distances.

People overcomplicate this issue, a lot of people love dragonriding, a lot of people don't and want old flying. There is no good reason not to simply enable both. None at all, any content specifically designed for drangonriding would still require it but those that dislike it can get there 310% flying back.

The systems aren't mutually exclusive in the slightest and I don't know why people seem to think they are, or that some clever solution is required, both have pros and cons, likes and dislikes, give players the option to choose.

I love dragonriding and will use it wherever possible, but I don't mind it others want to use old flying. I do object to increasing the speed of old flying, as I feel that's the trade-off that differentiates the systems, you get less hassle and afk behaviour but it's slower.

Both have different use cases.
    Dragonriding is an active play style that helps you get somewhere faster, while the old flying ist just fine if you numlock to some destination or are farming some stuff. And depending on what I want to do I'd prefer one or the other.

If dragonriding was to completely replace the old flyig I'd only be happy with it if they removed the vigor cost and/or gave it a minimum speed that allows me to reach some destination while tabbed out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Healerme View Post
    I love dragonriding and will use it wherever possible, but I don't mind it others want to use old flying. I do object to increasing the speed of old flying, as I feel that's the trade-off that differentiates the systems, you get less hassle and afk behaviour but it's slower.
    Oh clearly, normal flying speed should not be increased.

...Dragonriding is accountwide though?
    That is a hug selling point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Yeah you are lazy, i get it. You want 1400% speed and being able to afk mid air. Other words you want it the easy way.
    So anyone that disagrees with you is lazy? So you just fling insults without having a discussion.

EDIT:

Forgot who this was. Makes sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    That's exactly the problem. It's an RPG, the more exciting and engaging the better. Regular flying is incredibly boring compared to dragonriding.
    I would disagree. This dragon riding is equally as boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    So anyone that disagrees with you is lazy? So you just fling insults without having a discussion.

EDIT:

- - - Updated - - -

I would disagree. This dragon riding is equally as boring.
    No, oldskool flying is legit noclipping while 0 interaction to it, Dragonriding is modern way of flying and even made flying immersive.
    People who prefer old over new are legit lazy, the only difference is that the old way has no actual braincells required to do so and has no real immersion to it. Plain up lifting up and thats it.

I will disagree to those who have a horrible opinion. Anyone who wants dragonriding speed but the oldskool way is basically saying that they are lazy.
    I also gonna assume anyone who disagree has no clue how to actually dragonride and are always outta vigor, which only proves my point even more.

Yeah and what has this to do with the topic exactly? This is more toxic then anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds very disappointing? Why have both options when 1 is far superior then the others. Reminds me of the time when they allowed us to use old and new race models. took them 1 expansion before the old race was totally removed from the game.

Expect the same with oldskool flying, it's dull, bad and will be replaced.
    We can still have the old option for mounts that are appropriate like helicopters, balloons, and hovercrafts.
    Last edited by Clone; 2022-12-21 at 03:35 PM.