10+ Year Old Account

Red face Dragonflight Season One KSM Achieved

Well...super happy to report that I have achieved KSM in Seasone One Dragonflight. It was quite the grind and journey with both good and bad.

Majority of it was plugged with only 1 dungeon being done with 2 other guildies which was a +13 Ruby Life Pools.

First week was very rough, no gear, no nothing and a nasty fortified week with quaking.

My final rating hit exactly 2000 which was kind of funny earlier today. My last dungeon I timed was a +15 Jade Temple. This one was quite rough on Tyranical particularly the 3rd boss due to his healing mechanic that needs to be healed through and mitigated as much as possible by the tank.

The final boss will test your timings on the dispells rotations. He also takes forever to kill due to Tyranicall affix.

Also timed a 15 Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and 15 Court of Stars. Both on tyrannical earlier this week.

Fortified I did not time any 15s, but I was close to timing a +16 Nohkud.

Here are some things I noticed from the season so far -

The tree boss in Algethar Academy will make or break your group. This boss has some stupid ass overlaps with germinate and wanting to stay in the green circle to clear your stacks. Pug killer.

Raging Tempest will make your healers cry and takes forever to kill as well. Easily the hardest boss on Tyrannical out of all the dungeons in my opinion. You have to be absolutely on point not to overlap the lightning strikes and collect just enough orbs to not die and not give the boss enough buffs.

First boss in Azure Vault - no one ever wants to properly break all the crystal trees with their rings. If 3 or more crystals stay up, it's GG.

2nd boss in Azure you have to stack super tight and dodge the orbs together during add phase. Kill 1 add at a time, do not spread your party. Healer will have a panic attack.

4th boss in Algethar, easiest boss by far despite being on Tyrannical. Plenty of room to drop the arcane circles and utilize the space to dodge the balls. If you can't kill her fast enough, tell your dps to unistall. Brain-dead boss.

Halls of Valor can be rough with Helja being the hardest boss imo. For her, I like to last at start and have her go through 2 thunder shield cycles. After that go to the Light and rinse and repeat till she's dead. God King is easiest boss here and should be renamed to Dead King instead. Odyn is also a joke.

I think Shadowlands Season 1 was tougher imo, but that's maybe because I am a much more experienced tank now.

I am a prot warrior and ended with. 396 ilevel and 3 pieces of tier set. 2 of them were heroic, 1 411 and 1 405. Other was a normal 395. Also, had a 402 weapon. Got funneled gear in my guild raid.

Either way, season is done for me. Might shoot for the title but we will see! How's your KSM journey going?

The wide range in boss difficulty is a bit annoying, especially during tyrannical week. I hope they address that. I've mostly been running CoS and SBG to fill my weekly 8 for the great vault because they are the easiest. I want to do the others but there's little incentive when they are significantly more difficult so you end up aiming for a lower key level to clear it in time.

Raging Tempest definitely needs a nerf. The sheer output required for that boss is insane, the other 3 are jokes in comparison and it's not like there are no mechanics to obey, you really don't want to miss many if any orbs but the healer is just so tasked all fight long even if you do it right.

Hyrja was a problem during Legion as well. Too much unavoidable damage for a Tyra boss.

Final boss in Life Pools is also a doozy, especially with melee group.

I dunno what the final boss of Academy is supposed to be. It just has the most basic mechanics in the game, only aided by a bloated HP total and some orbs later in the fight if it goes on too long.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Raging Tempest definitely needs a nerf. The sheer output required for that boss is insane, the other 3 are jokes in comparison and it's not like there are no mechanics to obey, you really don't want to miss many if any orbs but the healer is just so tasked all fight long even if you do it right.

Hyrja was a problem during Legion as well. Too much unavoidable damage for a Tyra boss.

Final boss in Life Pools is also a doozy, especially with melee group.

I dunno what the final boss of Academy is supposed to be. It just has the most basic mechanics in the game, only aided by a bloated HP total and some orbs later in the fight if it goes on too long.
    yeah final boss of Academy feels as if it got lost on the way to a mid-level classic dungeon

Being melee is rough in anything 14 or higher. Maybe Rogue fairs better, but hooboy.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Being melee is rough in anything 14 or higher. Maybe Rogue fairs better, but hooboy.
    Ranged outside of warlock are far worse off. A significant portion of the melee specs are tanky af, a bunch of ranged specs just die to unavoidable group damage unless they are super geared with high hp. Mages without block up just die in some high keys, ele sham lol you dead in most keys, boomkin lol you can live if you know when to go bear form and hot yourself but no damage minded players even think to do this, shadow priest lol you dead, Evoker you better have a defensive up or you're dead, Hunter okish but still better know how to help out their healer, Warlock lolololololol almost as tanky as a tank get gud other ranged specs.

Meanwhile Rogue, HDH, WW are all about as tanky as a warlock. War has great leech so is up there as well. Enhance is squish but hey you're buffing the tanky melees in the group and have lust so you can have a spot.

Ranged is definitely way more rough right now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-12-24 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

First thing that came to mind
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ranged outside of warlock are far worse off. A significant portion of the melee specs are tanky af, a bunch of ranged specs just die to unavoidable group damage unless they are super geared with high hp. Mages without block up just die in some high keys, ele sham lol you dead in most keys, boomkin lol you can live if you know when to go bear form and hot yourself but no damage minded players even think to do this, shadow priest lol you dead, Evoker you better have a defensive up or you're dead, Hunter okish but still better know how to help out their healer, Warlock lolololololol almost as tanky as a tank get gud other ranged specs.

Meanwhile Rogue, HDH, WW are all about as tanky as a warlock. War has great leech so is up there as well. Enhance is squish but hey you're buffing the tanky melees in the group and have lust so you can have a spot.

Ranged is definitely way more rough right now.
    I'll echo this as a healer.

I am having a nightmare keep ranged up as a Preservation where as if my group is 3 melee and a tank, its like shaving off 4-5 key levels from how much easier to heal it is.

Ranged need to realize there is nothing stopping them from stacking in melee

Raging tempest is hard, but not as hard as people make it out to be, keep the balls stacked to 10, 50% extra throughput, and it'll make the boss quite doable even on higher keys.
    The one we are having the least success with is the tree in academy, funny that it feels easier this week though since there isn't any quaking to mess up the placement of the germination.

Holy Priest, got past 2k few days ago. All keys done in PUGs.

There are a few bosses that stand out during this Tyrannical week (talking about 13 and above) - 1st on in Ruby Pools, Raging Tempest in NO, last one in CoS, Hyrja in HoV, last one in SBG was a bit spicy. As a healer, the tree boss is kinda... not my problem? I pop Shocking Disclosure pot during 2nd wave of adds and I have enough CDs to rotate through for AoE healing.

A few targeted nerfs here and there and the dungeon balance would be fine.

Done long ago and 20's are on farm now. Felt very easy this time, as we got our first 15's on the second day of m+ opening.

And I haven't even run a 10 yet.

You people live a parallel universe to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    And I haven't even run a 10 yet.

You people live a parallel universe to me
    Nah man. Keep up your pace. There's plenty of the season left. In SL I've done the same things as the guys above you, but this time I'm taking it a bit slower.

Still my highest timed key was 12 offensive. Most of the other keys are max 10 timed. Currently sitting at 1570 rating, and if everything goes as planned KSM should be done by the end of the next Tyrannical week.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Nah man. Keep up your pace. There's plenty of the season left. In SL I've done the same things as the guys above you, but this time I'm taking it a bit slower.

Still my highest timed key was 12 offensive. Most of the other keys are max 10 timed. Currently sitting at 1570 rating, and if everything goes as planned KSM should be done by the end of the next Tyrannical week.
    Depends a bit if you are a dps imo you want to go nuts in the start. The longer you wait the harder it is to get into groups esp if you arent meta. At least that is my experience in s1,2,3 of SL as warlock. Makes sense for casuals who get 100 possible dps for a 15 to pick the 2-3 strongest performing classes though so cant blame em.
    In the start more serious people who look beyond meta willing to take you as long as you put in decent effort/ luck on your character ( read as : decent+ ilvl )

This is my , anecdotal perhaps, experience as a puglord, got ksm whole SL doing pugs only.

My tank and healer alt could run keys 24/7 at any time during the season