Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Could have put my hand through my face how hard I just face-palmed at this.

So by your own admission and experience, people leaving is not an issue? Great, finally something we can agree on.

Thread can be closed, no need to continue discussing hypothetical scenarios that occur only in MMOC posters heads.
    Sorry if my point was clumsily given, as I said english is not my first language so my apologies for any possible confusion. What I tried to say is that people leaving key was fortunately pretty rare, and that I encountered only two of them (that I remember) this season. Doesn't means that those two time were great experience, I remember on time was the healer walking on the little welp that wake up the group with the big cristal guy and all (before the two arcane elementals) in Azure Vault. Immediately the tank left, leaving the healer clueless, just knowing that he ruined something. So I of course took the time to explain it that you shouldn't get in range of those welps, we switched on another key that one of the dps had (think it was an academy) and completed the run easy. See, that's the kind of situation that we should be able to avoid, but since people like you don't want to act like competent players and explain to the one just discovering the game, there will always be people walking on those welps.

But again, fortunately that's a pretty rare occurence, sorry if my discours made it sound like it was a regular thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I mean, dude's a walking contradiction, says he has KSM, then says he's currently pushing +9s...
    Not the KSM from this seaon (not yet), sorry if that wasn't clear.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Not the KSM from this seaon (not yet), sorry if that wasn't clear.
    The fact that I've killed HC Arthas or Yogg0 doesn't make me relevant to today's raid. This is the problem you don't seem to understand. For some context (not entirely relevant) I have 95+% parses on various raid encounters accross different raids and expansions. If I were to apply to a guild that does Mythic, and they asked for parses, what do you think would happen if I gave them my 99th Maut Mythic parse ? They'd go "bro, from this expansion".

I wouldn't weigh in on stuff I don't have experience in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

The fact that I've killed HC Arthas or Yogg0 doesn't make me relevant to today's raid..
    Indeed, but it does mean that you have set foot on a raid, which is the thing I responded to.
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Indeed, but it does mean that you have set foot on a raid, which is the thing I responded to.
    Ok, but the experience is somewhat seasonal, if all you ever clear are 15s (not saying you just an example), and on the current season you're only up to 5s for example, it's kinda hard to contribute to a discussion pertaining to 15s in the current season :

- New seasonal affix you haven't experienced yet,
    - Scaling abilities that become dangerous on a key level you haven't experienced yet
    - Tuning that may or may not be out of wack
    - Overally quality of players you encounter in those key levels.

And then you keep harping on about how shameful the poor 4 souls that are stuck in a key must feel. 90% of the people that have left my keys (or I for that matter) knew that the key was dead, or we couldn't finish, this isn't some "omg tank pulled 2% extra count" and ragequit. The crowd that plays high keys on the regular expect people to leave keys on specific stuff.

The problem with low keys, and people quitting those is their ego. They think, on some level they are better than the people they are playing with, and will ditch the group over dumb stuff that won't cost you a key. I've played 6 or 7 keys (5s-9s range) yerterday on my alt, we died a bunch, we timed everything. Even the AA where we wiped on Tree boss twice in a row.

And before you quote me to say that we aren't talking about 15s, by your own admission playing 9s you've experienced very low drop rate throughout groups you've played. Therefore, people leaving groups isn't a frequent thing, therefore it isn't a problem that needs fixing.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

i left a group the other day cause the key holder a warrior was doing 2k dps and i refused to heal anymore of it carrying him. 2k dps. i a holy paly was outdsping him. if you want carried say so in the description while forming your group. i still cant believe he was doing 2k. and he would always dps an add by itself never the group of adds, would never interrupt that one add to bring it to the group. lol 2k dps. bye. if you punish me for it i would never join a pug again and just stick with my regular group. punishing me for another player being shit, well then fuck you.

Ok, but the experience is somewhat seasonal, if all you ever clear are 15s (not saying you just an example), and on the current season you're only up to 5s for example, it's kinda hard to contribute to a discussion pertaining to 15s in the current season :

- New seasonal affix you haven't experienced yet,
    - Scaling abilities that become dangerous on a key level you haven't experienced yet
    - Tuning that may or may not be out of wack
    - Overally quality of players you encounter in those key levels.

And then you keep harping on about how shameful the poor 4 souls that are stuck in a key must feel. 90% of the people that have left my keys (or I for that matter) knew that the key was dead, or we couldn't finish, this isn't some "omg tank pulled 2% extra count" and ragequit. The crowd that plays high keys on the regular expect people to leave keys on specific stuff.

The problem with low keys, and people quitting those is their ego. They think, on some level they are better than the people they are playing with, and will ditch the group over dumb stuff that won't cost you a key. I've played 6 or 7 keys (5s-9s range) yerterday on my alt, we died a bunch, we timed everything. Even the AA where we wiped on Tree boss twice in a row.

And before you quote me to say that we aren't talking about 15s, by your own admission playing 9s you've experienced very low drop rate throughout groups you've played. Therefore, people leaving groups isn't a frequent thing, therefore it isn't a problem that needs fixing.
    I also don’t get why players can’t have all the affixes, toned down, since start. The difficult things about affixes is that they add extra damage mechanics to the players, nothing more.

The problem is not the affixes number, it’s the extra damage they do.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It was miniscule mistakes combined with hefty grp dmg overall. Bit of unluck from where the add spawned each time, especially the first try.
    See his is the thing. It's not bad luck with where the add spawned. You need to bait the add spawn by keeping everyone grouped behind the boss. You know exactly when ritual is cast since you can see her energy bar and it only casts when it's full. So your group played badly. Maybe you all just did not know this fact and had no clear strategy to deal with.

...How are people having issues with a plus ten?
    I literally stumbled into several runs completely unprepared with pvp gear and zero rating and still managed to time them.
    Without failing notably more than my groupmates.

Maybe i got lucky, i think i've done like 5 total m+ runs now this expansion.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

It was miniscule mistakes combined with hefty grp dmg overall. Bit of unluck from where the add spawned each time, especially the first try.
    The add always spawns on the furthest player. So it's 100% his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero
    See his is the thing. It's not bad luck with where the add spawned. You need to bait the add spawn by keeping everyone grouped behind the boss. You know exactly when ritual is cast since you can see her energy bar and it only casts when it's full. So your group played badly. Maybe you all just did not know this fact and had no clear strategy to deal with.
    As Nymroh said, the fact you mention the 'luck of where the add spawned' speaks volumes. If you don't even understand how the encounter works, you're not qualified to take an objective view on why you were wiping. I'd almost guarantee also that because the add was spawning far away from the group, it took longer to switch to and kill, meaning it was probably able to get off casts of roaring blaze - which could explain the 'hefty grp dmg overall'.

Yet despite (not knowing) this, you've concluded that "it wasnt 2 wipes because the dps was shit" and that the "Healer decides to just leave".

If it makes you feel any better, if I was in a high level RLP and the ranged DPS were stood outside the group spawning adds in timbuktu, which then leads to the adds getting off casts and dealing topsy turvy damage without any recognition or change on the second attempt, I'd leave the group with a parting message of "you all suck I cant bother" too.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2023-01-11 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well i'll be damned, I actually learned something on mmo-champion! Thanks.

So far its been easy enough to do it the "normal" way, but things do change once the keys gets higher

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...How are people having issues with a plus ten?
    I literally stumbled into several runs completely unprepared with pvp gear and zero rating and still managed to time them.
    Without failing notably more than my groupmates.

Maybe i got lucky, i think i've done like 5 total m+ runs now this expansion.
    Because 99% of the playerbase don't know their left from their right, and then come here to complain that the people who do, leave.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    As Nymroh said, the fact you mention the 'luck of where the add spawned' speaks volumes. If you don't even understand how the encounter works, you're not qualified to take an objective view on why you were wiping. I'd almost guarantee also that because the add was spawning outside the group, it took longer to switch to and kill, meaning it was probably able to get off casts of roaring blaze - could explain the 'hefty grp dmg overall'.

Yet despite (not knowing) this, you've concluded that "it wasnt 2 wipes because the dps was shit" and that the "Healer decides to just leave".

If it makes you feel any better, if I was in a high level RLP and the ranged DPS were stood outside the group spawning adds in timbuktu, which then leads to the adds getting off casts and dealing topsy turvy damage without any recognition of what went wrong on the second attempt, I'd leave the group with a parting message of "you all suck I cant bother" too.
    Funny. You take your time here, on a forum, to explain the fight and what to do and what not to do. You actually went out of your way to explain it. You went to this site. You found this thread. You read my input. You qoute me and another one. Give a good reply on how its done. Appreciated.

But, in game? Nah. "You all suck I cant bother". Speaks volume how the playerbase act in-game while being the allmighty-allknowing baws on forums. lol.

As I said, we were very close to killing the boss and if the healer knew everyone should stand behind boss he didnt bother saying so at all. Probably didnt, cause he didnt do it either.

Add went down just fine. All roaring blaze were interrupted.

Funny. You take your time here, on a forum, to explain the fight and what to do and what not to do. You actually went out of your way to explain it. You went to this site. You found this thread. You read my input. You qoute me and another one. Give a good reply on how its done. Appreciated.

But, in game? Nah. "You all suck I cant bother". Speaks volume how the playerbase act in-game while being the allmighty-allknowing baws on forums. lol.

As I said, we were very close to killing the boss and if the healer knew everyone should stand behind boss he didnt bother saying so at all. Probably didnt, cause he didnt do it either.

Add went down just fine. All roaring blaze were interrupted.
    Because unfortunately, once you insert the keystone it's go time. Everyone assumes people know what to do.

That's why when pugging the raid for instance, I always ask if everyone knows the fight before we pull it. If no one speaks up I expect everyone to know what to do.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Because 99% of the playerbase don't know their left from their right, and then come here to complain that the people who do, leave.
    Also, the game (dungeons in this case) doesnt really educate anyone. At what point do you actually gotta pay attention to what mobs+bosses do? Maybe after +10 keys in most dungeons?

My general experience from doing m+ is that pretty much everything below 10 is basically;
    1. Attack mobs
    2. Interrupt/Soothe if you want. No REAL need anyway.
    3. Dont stand in shit.

Thats about it. Mobs+bosses do a whole lot more, but they dont matter. The game doesnt educate you either.

1+ Year Old Account
    Well i'll be damned, I actually learned something on mmo-champion! Thanks.

So far its been easy enough to do it the "normal" way, but things do change once the keys gets higher
    Do you not read the dungeon journal? It says how it spawns there...

Because unfortunately, once you insert the keystone it's go time. Everyone assumes people know what to do.

That's why when pugging the raid for instance, I always ask if everyone knows the fight before we pull it. If no one speaks up I expect everyone to know what to do.
    How long does it take to write "Stack behind boss when close to full energy so add spawns where we want it to"? Would write that before your dragon takes you up to were the boss is.

How long does it take to write "Stack behind boss when close to full energy so add spawns where we want it to"? Would write that before your dragon takes you up to were the boss is.
    Because at some key level you shouldn't have to type that at all. It's common knowledge and expected knowledge at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    Do you not read the dungeon journal? It says how it spawns there...
    Want me to be honest? Nah. So far its not been needed. Pretty much everything dies anyway, no matter how shite grps have been. But, i've reached high enough rating and want to push more, so now i've started to read up and watch videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Because at some key level you shouldn't have to type that at all. It's common knowledge and expected knowledge at this point.
    I've been in plenty of ruby m+ runs(Below 10), and not once have I seen people say we shouls stack or actually stack. Guess what? Boss died easy anyway.

1+ Year Old Account
    Want me to be honest? Nah.
    This guy... Seriously.