Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/n...smid=share-url

Gift link to a NYT article on how Republicans knew George Santos' extensive lies and deceptions since before the election and did nothing about it.

In late 2021, as he prepared to make a second run for a suburban New York City House seat, George Santos gave permission for his campaign to commission a routine background study on him.

Campaigns frequently rely on this kind of research, known as vulnerability studies, to identify anything problematic that an opponent might seize on. But when the report came back on Mr. Santos, the findings by a Washington research firm were far more startling, suggesting a pattern of deception that cut to the heart of the image he had cultivated as a wealthy financier.

Some of Mr. Santos’s own vendors were so alarmed after seeing the study in late November 2021 that they urged him to drop out of the race, and warned that he could risk public humiliation by continuing. When Mr. Santos disputed key findings and vowed to continue running, members of the campaign team quit, according to three of the four people The New York Times spoke to with knowledge of the study.

The episode, which has not been previously reported, is the most explicit evidence to date that a small circle of well-connected Republican campaign professionals had indications far earlier than the public that Mr. Santos was spinning an elaborate web of deceits, and that the candidate himself had been warned about just how vulnerable those lies were to unraveling.
    Really, do we know anything about this person claiming to be George Santos other than Republicans don't care who he is, just as long as he'll vote for their proposals?

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...69368697782272

Well well well. Here's another lie/crime to add to the list @Edge-.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...69368697782272

Well well well. Here's another lie/crime to add to the list @Edge-.
    And he stole one of his previous roommates scarves (apparently expensive?) and wore it to a Jan. 5 speech he gave on...stolen elections.

https://patch.com/new-york/portwashi...lection-speech

It's in the comments from there, and apparently they even have screencaps of text messages from years ago when he stole it rofl.

Seriously, he's the perfect example of the modern Republican party. Lie, cheat, and steal your way to power because power is all that matters and everything else be damned.

It is beyond messed up he is in that seat. I can understand why he kept it up because he wanted the seat. I can understand why the GOP found out and let it go because THEY wanted that seat. Both of them deserve every bit of hell they get from this and more.

But how the hell did the Democrats own opposition research not get any of this? It wasn’t like Santos was in such a deeply red area that it wouldn’t matter who ran against him no one without an R by their name could stand a chance. From what I understand he ran in a very competitive district.

This would be like a thief robbing a bank by walking into it while dressed in a Burger King uniform, name tag and all, while claiming to be a security guard. Hold the thief accountable but you need to ask security how they let that past them….
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Non-American here.

How did this not blow up, and crash his campaign before he was elected?
    Or did it, and voters simply didn't care?
    Was his competition weak?

Looks to me like, someone conned himself into a public position, and will probably earn millions in wages and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    How did this not blow up, and crash his campaign before he was elected?
    Nobody knew. If you've ever seen the Jon Oliver bits on the importance of local media, he's really right. It's been dying, hard, all over the US, everything from a lot of the alt weeklies and monthlies that had tiny circulations to the actual daily papers as they have to cut staff and find more ways to generate revenue.

There was apparently only one small local outlet that looked into Santos and their reporting wasn't picked up by anyone bigger, so nobody noticed until after winners were announced and the bigger national media outlets started taking a closer look at a lot of these candidates in less notable districts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    Looks to me like, someone conned himself into a public position, and will probably earn millions in wages and what not.
    I mean, yeah, more or less. It's a feature of democracy, though one not exactly functioning anywhere near as intended and one without an effective press to be the watchful eye on the government (due to a variety of social and economic reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And he stole one of his previous roommates scarves (apparently expensive?) and wore it to a Jan. 5 speech he gave on...stolen elections.

https://patch.com/new-york/portwashi...lection-speech

It's in the comments from there, and apparently they even have screencaps of text messages from years ago when he stole it rofl.

Seriously, he's the perfect example of the modern Republican party. Lie, cheat, and steal your way to power because power is all that matters and everything else be damned.
    He learned from Trump.

lol this geezer is proper mr ripley meets walter mitty meets Anna Delvey.

probably some sort of criminal.

My man! You have to respect the hustle. Straight from the Democrat playbook!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2023-01-16 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Citation needed. Or is this just more projecting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its a right-wing hit and run account. Pay it no mind.
    Ahh, like that healingwater dude that used to be more prevalent, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Literally nothing is from the Democrat playbook, it is the Trump playbook, there is a reason he has been sued literally over 4000 times and is looking at pretty hefty charges. Show me one democrat that has done this, and I will condemn them, can you do the same for Trump and Santos?

enjoying the new story on him every day about what a complete freak he is lmao

George Santos said accused ‘Ponzi scheme’ he worked at was ‘100% legitimate’ when accused of fraud in 2020

Is this new? Article from 13th I see nobody posted about this and honestly maybe or maybe not I read this a few days ago. So much happening with this guy I never know.

Santos worked at Harbor City Capital Corp. in 2020 and 2021, a company the SEC said was a “classic Ponzi scheme” in an April 2021 complaint against the firm. A Ponzi scheme is a type of fraud where existing investors are paid with funds from new investors, often promising artificially high rates of return with little risk. Santos was not named in the SEC complaint.
    Okay so he actually worked here and reading some articles, Harbor City touted his as an employee. Of course they would since it seems they are a ponzi-scheme.

George Santos raised 6 figures for alleged Ponzi scheme company: report

Fox News article above.

In a 2020 clip, Santos said he managed $1.5 billion for Harbor City Capital w/returns rate for investors of 12%-26%.

Vid here of him acknowledging his management at Harbor City. No admission of guilt or a crime.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Pretty soon we're gonna find out he killed his mom and has been keeping her body in a freezer somewhere and Kevin McCarthy is going to still find a way to stand by him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wa...s-159985221551

More on George Santos' storied vollyeball career, where he took his team to the championship apparently. If he ever played.

Apparently he played so hard he had two knee replacement surgeries. Which is a credit to his surgeons and care team that you'd never know by the way he gets around!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point it's going to be quicker to list what he has told the truth about.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Santos was the only person to have thoroughly beaten Chuck Norris.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1615087183152513049

How long does it take Speaker McCarthy to start having some questions about George Santos, and decide that it's prudent to begin saying that he "always" had a few questions about him?

Apparently until he becomes Speaker and no longer needs to count on his vote. Now he can start to slowly back into the bushes, hoping that everyone forgets his extensive defense of George Santos over the past month+.

With McCarthy distancing himself, I think it is less that he has secured his speakership since he still needs his votes with the tight margins.

McCarthy doesn't care that he lied about his entire life or that he is on the run from Brazil for crimes he has already confessed to. But, Santos committed something that McCarthy and the rest of the GOP consider to be a TRUE crime, he tried to mess with their rich donors when he tried to pretend he was a McCarthy aid attempting to get money from them.

Lying about his job history, school history, religious history, sexual preference, and lying to the poor donors to get money, all that is fine for the GOP. But messing with the rich that's funding the GOP, that's a cardinal sin to them. The rest are free game, but don't mess with the family you are a part of.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Ooh which thread should I post this!

George Santos, has been put on the Space & Science Committee and the Small Business Committee by the Republican Party.

Umm no offense but I'm guessing this is where he can do the less damage.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!