Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

We're All In Agreement, Right? Nozdormu saw the inevitable End of Azeroth.

The End of Azeroth that only happens if nothing disturbs the world soul growing within, allowing the Titan to emerge and tear the world apart in the process, killing any life that might have been thriving upon its surface. The knowledge that this would, without a doubt, come to pass combined with the whispers of the Old Gods ensures that Nozdormu goes Murazond every time. The Titans empowered the dragons to protect the planet with the intention that it would one day all end.

Quote Originally Posted by tryharder View Post
    The End of Azeroth that only happens if nothing disturbs the world soul growing within, allowing the Titan to emerge and tear the world apart in the process, killing any life that might have been thriving upon its surface. The knowledge that this would, without a doubt, come to pass combined with the whispers of the Old Gods ensures that Nozdormu goes Murazond every time. The Titans empowered the dragons to protect the planet with the intention that it would one day all end.
    We are not in agreement. We haven’t the slightest notion of what happens when a Titan is born. We’ve seen Argus’ soul and the planet continues to exist, implying the opposite of your thesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    We are not in agreement. We haven’t the slightest notion of what happens when a Titan is born. We’ve seen Argus’ soul and the planet continues to exist, implying the opposite of your thesis.
    Are you saying that Azeroth's soul could leave the planet and leave the shell there with no repercussions? Would all arcane magic cease to exist since they depend on the ley lines which is really just the blood of the titan Azeroth? Azeroths birth has probably been delayed a while thanks to The Jailor sucking her juices during the fight.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2023-01-12 at 08:44 PM.

The Old Gods also want that to happen technically. They want to corrupt a World Soul and turn it into a Void Titan. The same thing would happen. The physical planet would either be devastated or downright destroyed when the Void Titan emerges.

I suspect that the Old Gods hid this part from Nozdormu.

Argus was the shattered remnant of a planet though. Azeroth is in "healthy" shape.

We don't even know if Azeroth is for sure a titan. And we also know that the titans where made in zereth ordus. Its probably a bunch of "propaganda"(retcon) that titans grow inside planets that have to be ordered for them to flourish.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    We don't even know if Azeroth is for sure a titan. And we also know that the titans where made in zereth ordus. Its probably a bunch of "propaganda"(retcon) that titans grow inside planets that have to be ordered for them to flourish.
    Do we have definitive proof that all of the Titans were made in Zereth Ordos? I don't recall this lore being revealed. If that's true, then that changes more or less everything we know about the universe.

Can you point towards this quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Another copy paste story from a marvel movie? Tbh, that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Are you saying that Azeroth's soul could leave the planet and leave the shell there with no repercussions? Would all arcane magic cease to exist since they depend on the ley lines which is really just the blood of the titan Azeroth? Azeroths birth has probably been delayed a while thanks to The Jailor sucking her juices during the fight.
    No idea about the logistics of it. Argus was a world soul, yet that planet seemed... "fine" with the only real thing being that it looked as though it was demonically tainted. It's possible the planet being in pieces was a result of the world soul leaving, but it could have also just been Sargeras or demons doing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, we are not all in agreement. Not even close.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    ya, I fully expect that Azeroth will be retconned turned into something else when Danuser and Co. get about revealing her. Gotta one up the old lore as always after all, so Azeroth will probably be some special 7th force or first one related being.

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    ya, I fully expect that Azeroth will be retconned turned into something else when Danuser and Co. get about revealing her. Gotta one up the old lore as always after all, so Azeroth will probably be some special 7th force or first one related being.
    if they do that I will rage. That kind of writing isn't clever anymore.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite. While eradication is a goal the main focus is to grow their own ranks so killing such potential would be quite wasteful.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Do we have definitive proof that all of the Titans were made in Zereth Ordos?
    We don't. The Uldaman book only reveals that the Titans have been in Zereth Ordus, but doesn't state anything new about their origin.

This idea that the Titans didn't start as world souls (which is already disproven by Argus being one) comes from the assumption that Azeroth is not a Titan - it's probably rather the case that she's more than just a Titan - which is fully in line with previous lore: Sargeras's fascination with this world soul that could become a "natural" Fel Titan unlike him, who just embraced the Fel, and the designation "Final Titan", as another step of the evolution.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2023-01-17 at 06:23 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

There is the artwork shown (afaik) during Blizzcon 2016 depicting Argus. Looks pretty hollow and shattered to me, for what it's worth. I would link it here, but can't because I never post. It's featured on the Argus page on Wowpedia, though.

There is the artwork shown (afaik) during Blizzcon 2016 depicting Argus. Looks pretty hollow and shattered to me, for what it's worth. I would link it here, but can't because I never post. It's featured on the Argus page on Wowpedia, though.
    Thats not because the world soul was "born" lol. It looked that way even before the raid, when the world soul was still in the planets core.
    It looks that way bc it was the Legions HQ, and was completely bathed in fel for 25k+ years. Even without the Legion actively TRYING to destroy it, fel will slowly corrupt and destroy every environment. Its in the magics nature.

If anything, the fact that the world looked exactly the same, after we removed the world soul during the raid, points to the fact that worlds arent ripped apart during the "birth".
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I'd be willing to agree with you, if not because of the fact that the Titans have been described as living worlds, their bodies beings covered in mountain peaks and rivers, their forms wrapped in cloaks of stardust and their eyes shining like brilliant stars. This suggests that the planet form into their bodies upon birth. Whether this kills the inhabitants or they just continue living on a Titan-shaped planet is unknown.
    But the info we have seems to suggest that a Titan being born is not good for the planet itself.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2023-01-18 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Where does it say that the ley lines are her blood? We've seen the Surge Needle at the Azure Dragonshrine in Northrend. This is a terminal for a ley line as Malygos was diverting arcane energy there during the Nexsus War. If that was the case, we should have been seeing Azerite formations there.

Now, before you bring up retcons, expansion of lore, etc., because Wrath was so long ago and Northrend hasn't undergone a revamp like Kalimdor/EK have, there's one thing you need to keep in mind... Draenor has ley lines too. The Throne of Elements in Nagrand is on an intersection point. The Dark Portal was constructed on another one. But yet Draenor is not a world that harbors a Titan Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    I'd be willing to agree with you, if not because of the fact that the Titans have been described as living worlds, their bodies beings covered in mountain peaks and rivers, their forms wrapped in cloaks of stardust and their eyes shining like brilliant stars. This suggests that the planet form into their bodies upon birth. Whether this kills the inhabitants or they just continue living on a Titan-shaped planet is unknown.
    But the info we have seems to suggest that a Titan being born is not good for the planet itself.
    Well, that is how the Titans describe their own birth. We know this comes from them because Chronicles I is written by them. We already have lore casting doubt on their accuracy with the Grimoire of the Shadowlands by Ta'lora. The books found in Uldaman show that they definitely had an agenda that involved deceiving us like Odyn blatantly says in "Edicts of the Prime Designate, Volume 742" about how the nascent mortal races of Azeroth were were to be told that the age of the Black Empire was on of "chaos and misery". And how all records of the "advancements of the Black Empire" were to be "purged". Hell, he even admitted he wanted to wipe these mortal races but had a change of heart and felt that we "may prove useful if properly controlled."

But more than that we have also actually seen these same titans. None of them even look remotely like what Chronicles described.

Take Aman'thul. He just looks like an old man in a wizzard's mantle I don't see any mountains, etc. He, along with the others, just look like giant humanoids which would match why their creations, especially the Watchers, closely resemble them.
    Last edited by Eosia; 2023-01-18 at 04:31 PM.

Maybe a Titan is actually a world soul, and either doesn't need the physical planet itself, in birth, or just some of it. IT could literally be a soul that magics body or emerges with a body leaving the planet behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    And I’d be willing to agree with you if we’d ever seen that evidence in game haha. (Example, if Sargeras was covered in mountains and rivers, what happens when he got shrunk back into his chair with Illidan? Did they …shrink? Does he have microscopic ponds as pores now?)
    Suffice to say, it’s all pretty vague and somewhat conflicting : #WarcraftLore

I do remain committed to the notion that we can’t all agree on the OPs post as the discussion here demonstrates.