Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preach likely had to pay for his own transportation and lodging while he was there. Blizzard gave him access to the campus and a slew of interviews, apparently over multiple days (based on Preach's clothing). That's pretty much a contribution in kind and a win-win.

Preach is looking out for Preach of course. Giving the impression that he was cutting himself off from Blizzard/WoW was always a stupid business move on his part probably driven by misreading sites like this instead of using common sense. Never forget what Preach does is his living and business. Part of what Preach is doing here is bending the knee.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2023-01-16 at 07:27 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Won't watch it purely out of principle, youtubers making that dumbfuck face in their thumbnails is a thing that needs to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I don't watch his stream, I'm only subbed to his youtube channel, but I find it kinda funny how he said he will not cover wow on his youtube channel (which was fair imo), yet he does this video series. Like, man, what's up? You are advertising Dragonflight (or this new era of wow) and yet, you have ZERO videos about actually playing it and telling your opinion about it.
    Besides, this video is WAAAAAAAAAAY too late, he is still at the overly romantic "Look, guys, this is the promise" phase, but the players have been playing it for weeks now and they have their own opinion about it now, we can see the holes between the promisepackages by now - and he could too if he'd actually play the game. It's like telling the weather news 2 weeks later: heads up guys, it was supposed to rain 2 weeks ago!" Yeah, thanks, very helpful.
    He has been hyping dragonflight/new era of wow for months now, and yet, he doesn't seem to play it that much.
    1- he said he was going to stop covering it until they showed they were changing, which they did
    2- he stopped covering it on youtube, but what you upload to your youtube is not a good showing of what your playing, cause maybe, just maybe, you could have done ANY research just by going to his twitch and clicking "last streams."

Hes been playing a LOT of wow since dragonflight. (nevermind he also was at the fucking race to world first for the entire thing...)

The fact you make your entire post assuming he has not played it, and does not play it at all, while he has played an obscene amount of it is... fucking hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't watch his stream, I'm only subbed to his youtube channel, but I find it kinda funny how he said he will not cover wow on his youtube channel (which was fair imo), yet he does this video series. Like, man, what's up? You are advertising Dragonflight (or this new era of wow) and yet, you have ZERO videos about actually playing it and telling your opinion about it.
    Besides, this video is WAAAAAAAAAAY too late, he is still at the overly romantic "Look, guys, this is the promise" phase, but the players have been playing it for weeks now and they have their own opinion about it now, we can see the holes between the promisepackages by now - and he could too if he'd actually play the game. It's like telling the weather news 2 weeks later: heads up guys, it was supposed to rain 2 weeks ago!" Yeah, thanks, very helpful.
    He has been hyping dragonflight/new era of wow for months now, and yet, he doesn't seem to play it that much.
    He plays wow on his stream. Sooooo....

15+ Year Old Account
    Preach must be paying some of the commenters in this thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    apparently over multiple days (based on Preach's clothing).
    Rumours says that he brought 4 different sets of gear to change in for the 8 hours he spent at Blizzard. True story

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Preach must be paying some of the commenters in this thread too.
    Lul.
    Honestly preach was always on the wrong side of just about every argument concerning blizz. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he's jumping all in now that there's nothing worthwhile to do in the game outside of high keys and raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    apparently over multiple days (based on Preach's clothing).
    he confirmed it happened over I think 3 days?
    but also some of the interviews like with jesse and lore were on another day because those were not at blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Lul.
    Honestly preach was always on the wrong side of just about every argument concerning blizz. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he's jumping all in now that there's nothing worthwhile to do in the game outside of high keys and raiding.
    I mean, it's his job to talk shit about the game. He makes tons of money from it. Even this redemption era is making him tons of money. Even if the insipid sycophant weirdos never defended him to the hilt (which is just weird parasocial relationship shit) he would STILL make buckets of money from wow.

And people have every right to take a deuce on him in the comments because part of his shtick is being a know it all stick in the mud self positioned elite.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    He plays wow on his stream. Sooooo....
    So what?
    Went to check his twitch. Last time he had a wow stream up was 5 days ago. The stream is called "BIG VAULT TIME - FF MSQ AFTER YEAH BABY" It's basically instanced content all the way. (I'm dying to know what he thinks about the brand new shadowmoon burial grounds or halls of valor!) The one before this is from 12 days ago, "FIRST PROPER VAULT - FIRST TYRANNICAL WEEK - NO FEAR"
    So he is talking about a "Dragonflight for everyone" in his yt video, yet he seemingly only does instanced content nowadays, maybe, maybe once a week. What's his opinion about crafting? Open world content? Or is it gonna be a gated (lol sorry, had to) video that he will release after he is done with the exclusive Blizzard HQ videos? What is he gonna say after several "wow is basically a new game, hypehypehypehype!" videos? "Thank god I can only log on for raids, good for me, everyone else you're on your own"? Or what?
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-01-16 at 08:30 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So what?
    Went to check his twitch. Last time he had a wow stream up was 5 days ago. The stream is called "BIG VAULT TIME - FF MSQ AFTER YEAH BABY" It's basically instanced content all the way. The one before this is from 12 days ago, "FIRST PROPER VAULT - FIRST TYRANNICAL WEEK - NO FEAR"
    So he is talking about a "Dragonflight for everyone" in his yt video, yet he seemingly only does instanced content nowadays, maybe, maybe once a week. What's his opinion about crafting? Open world content? Or is it gonna be a gated (lol sorry, had to) video that he will release after he is done with the exclusive Blizzard HQ videos? What is he gonna say after several "wow is basically a new game, hype!" videos? "Thank god I can only log on for raids, good for me, everyone else you're on your own"? Or what?

again, he already did all the stuff, and yeah his stream may be "FIRST TYRANNICAL WEEK LETS GO" but idk if you know, but that does not mean the ENTIRE stream is M+ , it means that is the main thing, but thats not what hes doing the entire stream...

So what?
    Went to check his twitch. Last time he had a wow stream up was 5 days ago. The stream is called "BIG VAULT TIME - FF MSQ AFTER YEAH BABY" It's basically instanced content all the way. The one before this is from 12 days ago, "FIRST PROPER VAULT - FIRST TYRANNICAL WEEK - NO FEAR"
    So he is talking about a "Dragonflight for everyone", yet he seemingly only does instanced content nowadays. What's his opinion about crafting? Open world content? Or is it gonna be a gated (lol sorry, had to) video that he will release after he is done with the exclusive Blizzard HQ videos? What is he gonna say after several "wow is basically a new game, hype!" videos? "Thank god I can only log on for raids, good for me, everyone else you're on your own"? Or what?
    I have no idea what Preach is going to do. How could I? That said, im pretty sure he will make videos about DF as the xpac moves along. Thats a given. Question is, why are you so hung up on it? The xpac hasnt been out THAT long and he probably also has alot of stuff in the production "pipeline". Also, its probably for the better to let some time pass before passing complete judgement on DF. Instead of creating 4+ videos every week were you switch between "THIS GAME SUCKS" too "THIS GAME IS AWESOME" like certain content creators tend to do.

His office also got floode recently and all his stuff got destroyed, so I bet hes been busy with that shit.

But the question remains - why are you so hung up with what Preach does and doesnt do? In a broader aspect - why are so many people obsessed with what these content creators think about said game(s)? Far too many people care about what these people say. its insane.

if you find DF good, it doesnt matter what any other says.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Lul.
    Yeah, Dragonflight is a perfect expansion for Preach, so its not really strange.

Dragonflight is not for everyone. Its for players that raids, do mythic+ and do PvP. Thats what the majority who are left are doing anyway. I mean if DF was in 2007/2008 I would have loved it too I do get it.

- - - Updated - - -

So what?
    Went to check his twitch. Last time he had a wow stream up was 5 days ago. The stream is called "BIG VAULT TIME - FF MSQ AFTER YEAH BABY" It's basically instanced content all the way. (I'm dying to know what he thinks about the brand new shadowmoon burial grounds or halls of valor!) The one before this is from 12 days ago, "FIRST PROPER VAULT - FIRST TYRANNICAL WEEK - NO FEAR"
    So he is talking about a "Dragonflight for everyone" in his yt video, yet he seemingly only does instanced content nowadays, maybe, maybe once a week. What's his opinion about crafting? Open world content? Or is it gonna be a gated (lol sorry, had to) video that he will release after he is done with the exclusive Blizzard HQ videos? What is he gonna say after several "wow is basically a new game, hype!" videos? "Thank god I can only log on for raids, good for me, everyone else you're on your own"? Or what?
    Thank you, you made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I have no idea what Preach is going to do. How could I? That said, im pretty sure he will make videos about DF as the xpac moves along. Thats a given. Question is, why are you so hung up on it? The xpac hasnt been out THAT long and he probably also has alot of stuff in the production "pipeline". Also, its probably for the better to let some time pass before passing complete judgement on DF. Instead of creating 4+ videos every week were you switch between "THIS GAME SUCKS" too "THIS GAME IS AWESOME" like certain content creators tend to do.

His office also got floode recently and all his stuff got destroyed, so I bet hes been busy with that shit.

But the question remains - why are you so hung up with what Preach does and doesnt do? In a broader aspect - why are so many people obsessed with what these content creators think about said game(s)? Far too many people care about what these people say. its insane.

if you find DF good, it doesnt matter what any other says.
    He has been pretty vocal about every expansion before. When he was invested in wow, that is. This is exactly what I'm talking about. He seems not very invested in the game anymore (which is fine), yet he is doing this series about how wow has changed and everything is good, and dragonflight is for everyone.
    Df has been out for almost 7 weeks. Probably everyone has their own opinion about it, this is why I said this video is pretty late.
    I mean reading comprehension...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat narcissist pretending to be interested in a video game hes addicted to but no longer enjoys.. Pass. Still had to make the obligatory comment ofc

But really.. Who tf cares what he or any of these self-involved people have to say? The game is decades old now do you really need someone else to give you your opinion?

This video showed hardly anything new and just like the last one it looks disingenuous af. People saying what you want them to say (or rather what they're allowed to say) and Preach acting like hes interested.

He has been pretty vocal about every expansion before. When he was invested in wow, that is. This is exactly what I'm talking about. He seems not very invested in the game anymore (which is fine), yet he is doing this series about how wow has changed and everything is good, and dragonflight is for everyone.
    Df has been out for almost 7 weeks. Probably everyone has their own opinion about it, this is why I said this video is pretty late.
    He has literally travelled to US and made several high production value videos about wow. Theres alot more work behind it than turning the camera on, talk endlessly and put it all on YT. As far as I understand, he paid for the whole trip himself too. I'd call that an invested players+content creator.

7 weeks is not alot. Yes, by now most of us have gotten the notion of DF is, but its not "too late" yet.

I'd rather him wait a bit, get all his thoughts+viewpoints clear and then make a video. To many content creators make videos all day, everyday, were they either bitch and moan endlessly and/or praise the game. One week HATE It. Next week LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Fat narcissist pretending to be interested in a video game hes addicted to but no longer enjoys.. Pass. Still had to make the obligatory comment ofc

But really.. Who tf cares what he or any of these self-involved people have to say? The game is decades old now do you really need someone else to give you your opinion?

This video showed hardly anything new and just like the last one it looks disingenuous af. People saying what you want them to say (or rather what they're allowed to say) and Preach acting like hes interested.
    I think we need content creators. They are like a spokeperson in a wow-type trade union. We need critical people who can articulate, and pass on useful criticism either to the devs or within the players. But we need someone who is invested in the game's everyday life, and isn't afraid of "being negative". You can type pharagraphs upon pharagraphs here on mmochampion, or on reddit, noone's gonna hear it. You can be smug about "having your own precious opinion" and not "following someone else's thoughts", noone's gonna hear it. You can be a fantastic lonely thinker yet still open to other people's opinion. And right now we've lost pretty much every content creator who could/willing to do this job. Which is alarming. All we have left is pretty much "Yes chef!"s.
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-01-16 at 08:55 AM.

Is there any new information in this? Or are you (as in the OP) expecting people to watch a nearly 70 minutes video with no bookmarks and no summary? This is why the views will actually go to WoWHead because they'll bother to comp through this and give us transcripts of any parts that are worthwhile. I don't even understand how this is proper content for Preach himself. Will people really watch this or will he just get clicks by people who will see the size and immediately leave?

7+ Year Old Account
    These videos are not about "YOU SHOULD BUY DRAGONFLIGHT" and if you actualy watched them you would realize
    these videos are about how wow is entering its new era, they are changing how wow is developed, and that means not only changes for dragonflight but for all future expansions. they want to get away from "era 2" which is where the game ran into a spiral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post

???? No longer enjoys? if the bro no longer enjoyed it why would he stream it 3-8 hours a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ???? No longer enjoys? if the bro no longer enjoyed it why would he stream it 3-8 hours a day?
    Easy; money.

I think we need content creators. They are like a spokeperson in a wow-type trade union. We need critical people who can articulate, and pass on useful criticism either to the devs or within the players. But we need someone who is invested in the game's everyday life, and isn't afraid of "being negative". You can type pharagraphs upon pharagraphs here on mmochampion, or on reddit, noone's gonna hear it. You can be smug about "having your own precious opinion" and not "following someone else's thoughts", noone's gonna hear it. You can be a fantastic lonely thinker yet still open to other people's opinion. And right now we've lost pretty much every content creator who could/willing to do this job. Which is alarming. All we have left is pretty much "Yes chef!"s.
    I don't believe we need them at all. If the game sucks people unsub, if its good they stay and its as simple as that. Players decide whats good and bad, we don't need content creators for anything. If you or anyone needs to hear someone else confirm your opinion for quitting thats your issue. Most of us don't.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2023-01-16 at 09:27 AM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru