I hope the Microsoft deal goes through!

It will put a final nail in the coffin for bullying of employees and lgbt people at Blizzard. America is so god damn r*tarded compared to Europe in terms of treatment of lgbt people and minorities. So glad California is going forward compared to the Republican states, who want to drag us back into the 50s.

Surely this discussion will be level-headed and free of bigotry, much like the utopian workplace of the newly minted Microactiblizzardsoft.

Aucald alarm detected. Engaging thread escape thrusters. Have a pleasant day.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Surely this discussion will be level-headed and free of bigotry, much like the utopian workplace of the newly minted Microactiblizzardsoft.
    Surely no one sane cares if a discussion here is free of bigotry or not, since forums like this are literally "the place" for bullies to have an outlet for their "creativity".

Quote Originally Posted by Walnutz View Post
    It will put a final nail in the coffin for bullying of employees and lgbt people at Blizzard. America is so god damn r*tarded compared to Europe in terms of treatment of lgbt people and minorities. So glad California is going forward compared to the Republican states, who want to drag us back into the 50s.
    Take the politics elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely no one sane cares if a discussion here is free of bigotry or not, since forums like this are literally "the place" for bullies to have an outlet for their "creativity".
    This is a WOW forum. This has nothing to do with WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Aucald alarm detected. Engaging thread escape thrusters. Have a pleasant day.
    Huh. I thought I was the only one who had one of those. My sealion detector is also going off, too. Curious!

When I see people constantly get infracted, I'll refrain from laughing at you for that blatant lie. Mods aren't around 24/7...

The same Microsoft that is laying off 10000 staff while the execs party it up with sting?

Yeah I'm sure it'll be totally different

I'm wondering if Microsoft will defend on the antitrust issues poorly just so they can get out of the deal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Yea the Blizzard employees won't have to worry about getting bullied when Microsoft lays them off to meet exec bonuses Then expects teams full of temp workers to make solid games and ship us even more shit shows like Halo Infinite.

It will be great right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm wondering if Microsoft will defend on the antitrust issues poorly just so they can get out of the deal.
    They wouldn't want out of the deal. They want the CoD IP and the 3 dev teams to continue churning out yearly CoDs. Every other part of Activision Blizzard will probably go to shit and get mass layoffs like all of MSs current owned devs since they are literally only buying the company for CoD.

You're right, there is a ton of bigotry in California( Predominately a Republican state btw over the last 50 years) and in the LGBTQ groups. It's about time someone came out and talked about how offensive they are to people who don't think just like them. Kudos to you dude.

It will put a final nail in the coffin for bullying of employees and lgbt people at Blizzard
    Yeah, because Microsoft is a saint... /sarcasm

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea the Blizzard employees won't have to worry about getting bullied when Microsoft lays them off to meet exec bonuses Then expects teams full of temp workers to make solid games and ship us even more shit shows like Halo Infinite.

It will be great right?
    actiblizz laid off 10% (800) of there employees just a couple years ago so nothing will be changing for them its just business as usual.

one big business is the same as another.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    actiblizz laid off 10% (800) of there employees just a couple years ago so nothing will be changing for them its just business as usual.

one big business is the same as another.
    Same but not quite since those layoffs didn't target devs but other workers. MS is actively laying off senior developers and designers right now with a direct impact to game output, not just marketing and esports people like ATVI targeted.

Anyone huffing copium that blizzard will be better under MS is delusional. MS will cut their funding and dev teams massively since the purchase is just about CoD, they don't give a crap about WoW and they're not going to give a crap about OW or Diablo unless they start churning out huge money.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-22 at 01:58 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Same but not quite since those layoffs didn't target devs but other workers. MS is actively laying off senior developers and designers right now with a direct impact to game output, not just marketing and esports people like ATVI targeted.
    I mean some senior layoff's really don't sound all that bad after shadowlands, and looking at how things like Halo has gone I doubt it could hurt much there or in other Microsoft games.

Anyone huffing copium that blizzard will be better under MS is delusional. MS will cut their funding and dev teams massively since the purchase is just about CoD, they don't give a crap about WoW and they're not going to give a crap about OW or Diablo unless they start churning out huge money.
    pretty sure they said around the acconment of the merger that they want to make wow a house hold name again so its likely up there with Cod.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is not a remotely productive way to start off a thread. Closing this down.