Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm fine accepting the game has some things about it that I don't like. I don't like having to gear AT ALL but accept that the game has gearing. Also, in your world of predicating things on real world cost/benefit, games like elden ring never get made because they could have just made a gacha game or crammed tons of other fomo/mtx into the game... and yet, they didn't and it's hugely successful. Did it make absolutely as much money as it could have? Nope, and that doesn't fucking matter. They made the game they wanted and proved a point. Wow can do the same.
    well, this is so incredibly stupid relative to what you're responding to you now have me questioning your grasp of the english language, so let me try this slowly and using small words:
    the cost of coding and building out a zone gets more benefit if that zone is used more often by more people.
    the benefit of getting more use out of a zone for the cost investment of making the zone is not maximizing profit within the gaming market.

jesus. fucking. christ.

Superior? No. Equal? Yes. You're the one with a superiority complex about what your position entails.
    ha! we've been going back and forth with on this for like 2 pages and you still don't even know what my position is! the fuck kind of nitwit are you, seriously?

try and articulate that preposterous claim. try to even state what my position is, much less what it entails.

Literally every competitive everything is predicated on this. By winning against like-minded individuals, you rob them of the victory they crave. Sorry that certain circumstances just have winners and losers, but it's no more narcisistic than people who want to log in every day, do dumb fucking baby gameplay, and get improvements on their character in perpetuity.
    thank you for so eloquently proving my point about you being a narcissistic jackass, i could not have done so better myself.

No. Fuck off with your "holier than thou" attitude.
    hey you're the one who's shoving their head up their own ass on the subject, it's not my fault that your position is indefensible and your arguments are intellectually vapid.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2023-02-28 at 05:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RahEndymion View Post
    The game still has AP grind mechanics.

It has cosmetic grind. It has power grind.

It has valor and primal infusions + profession knowledge + rep + elemental overflow + trading post.

All of those systems fill the exact role that an AP grind system does: Log in, do the thing, get the currency, spend it on item/enchant/cosmetic/mount etc.

Literally the only difference is that you're not getting an incremental increase per point earned, except you basically are if you're grinding infusions or valor.

Honestly it's such a bad take I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion and have actually spent any time on the game.

As mentioned in previous post, you're either done and which case level an alt or just don't play or you're not done and your point is entirely moot.
    the issue with ap was it was infinite, and it was expansion long, which meant any time not spent leveling it, any falling behind would put you behind for 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    the cost of coding and building out a zone gets more benefit if that zone is used more often by more people.
    If you'd bother to pull your own head out of your ass, you'd realize that, if you go the entire distance on that line of thought, the only reason resource efficiency matters at all is because it ultimately comes down to profitability. Otherwise, who the fuck cares if they waste resources so long as they get the use out of them they think they want?

ha! we've been going back and forth with on this for like 2 pages and you still don't even know what my position is! the fuck kind of nitwit are you, seriously?
    What the fuck are you going on about? Your position is fucking pathetically easy to understand. You think the game should offer as many player avenues and be as inclusive as possible, and ignore the human psyche of people like me because you simultaneously think it's not as valuable to blizz and is likewise deplorable from a humanity perspective since my view necessitates limiting other people's enjoyment (when the reality is that those same people I'm limiting getting their way also limits my enjoyment the very same amount and way).

My position is "no one's singular enjoyment matters more than anyone else, regardless of how popular it is, therefore when you have two parties that have an impasse of desire, SOMEONE is going to win, and it's entirely rational and understandable for either side to hope it's their side that does."

thank you for so eloquently proving my point about you being a narcissistic jackass, i could not have done so better myself.
    Good to know you think all top athletes and ultra-competitive people are narcissistic jackasses, but your label doesn't matter to me at all. Call me whatever names you want. Hope it makes your reptile brain feel better through catharsis.

hey you're the one who's shoving their head up their own ass on the subject, it's not my fault that your position is indefensible and your arguments are intellectually vapid.
    Nothing indefensible about my position. It's just a design philosophy that will have people it caters to and people it doesn't. And hell yes I'm happy when I get my way and people that are vehemently against my desired design don't get theirs. I'd expect the opposite if it were true, as well. A bunch of overworld plebs in here "zomg best gameplay every! walking sim and faceroll all day every day for that next 1 stat bonus!" rejoicing in a disgruntled thread started by someone from my camp.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2023-02-28 at 05:59 AM.

I find it hilarious, absolutely hilarious that people are treating the world's biggest MMO as a single player game and refuse to partake in group content.

The 3 pillars of WoW (as we have coined them) have been, are, and always will be, Raiding, Dungeons and Rated PVP, in that order. Everything else is fluff to accommodate or co-exist in those 3 pillars. Best example is that when Pet Battles were introduced in MOP, countless raids got their own raid-drop battle-pets, old and new, along with their achievements to go with them. I find it very hilarious and bizarre that people play this game without partaking in organised group content.

That being said, am I bored with DF? Not really. I got my KSM super early, I got my 2.4k some weeks after that, and I'm literally a few 20s away from 2.5k for the Feat of Strength (prolly doing those tonight, currently 2423 rating). I raid-lead my way to AOTC and killing Heroic Raszageth, we had a blast with my guild. Now we're slowly but steadily working on Mythic bosses, we're 2/8. We got Council down on the Sunday that passed. All my reps are maxxed out by now (obviously, I don't slack on World Quests). Slowly but steadily I've accrued over 110 Exalted Reputations. So that's going good. Only missing a handful of Dragon Customization scrolls, I casually look for rares now and then while doing WQ's and farming ore.

I'm at 415 ilvl, so at this point, I only need a few drops from Mythic raid and obviously all 421's from Great Vault (which takes months). Other than that, I have my Icon, I have my Flame, I have my 418 crafted weapon, my 418 Lariat, 2 more 418s (Got over 150 M+ runs this season, being the raid leader and maintank means people want you to tank dungeons for them constantly) so in terms of gear progression I'm pretty much capped. Well guess what? That means I only need to run 8 dungeons per week, which is LITERALLY one dungeon PER DAY and 2 on Sundays, which is quite literally the spiritual successor of TBC's "Daily Heroic for badges". No people, it does not take insane amounts of effort to cap your Great Vault each week with 8x dungeons cleared. It's your Daily Heroic, treat it as such. And I of course have to lead raids twice a week, for 3h per raid. Which is obviously the most fun WoW has to offer - nothing beats raiding with lots of people. I had an RL mate over (who is a gamer, but not a WoWer) watch my guild kill Raszageth Heroic. He told me it was like "Watching an orchestra play and you were the Maestro conducting everyone, it was magical".

So guess what? I can focus on Hogwarts Legacy! I can focus on God of War Ragnarok! I can focus on OTHER STUFF instead of NEEDING to play EVERY SINGLE DAY just to stay competitive. Like holy shit, I've crafted FOUR 418 items without even realising it! Literally got those Concentrated Primal Focus by pushing rating, helping guildies with their keys and just playing the game.

So to answer the OP, no, not really bored with DF at the moment. It's just I don't feel a compulsive reason to be online 24/7 in the fear that I'm missing out on power. As a maintank and raidleader, who respects my raiders, I would feel obliged to do THAT damn WQ on the corner of the map if Titanforging was still in the game. Why? Cause if I can get a fuckin 30 itemlevel upgrade, because the item decided to Titanforge 7 times to max level, from a WQ that takes 3 minutes to get to and 2 minutes to complete, you bet your ass I'm going for it. So I can make my healers lives easier. So I can be beefier. So I can increase the % chance of success my team has when fighting a boss. Thank the gods that's not the case nowadays - I've completed all 4 reps and the only WQ's I do are the Pokemon Snap ones (I loved that game) and the Dragonraces (Spyro the Dragon ripoff).

Armory link for the non-believers: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...erhood/dalinos

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I find it hilarious, absolutely hilarious that people are treating the world's biggest MMO as a single player game and refuse to partake in group content.

The 3 pillars of WoW (as we have coined them) have been, are, and always will be, Raiding, Dungeons and Rated PVP, in that order. Everything else is fluff to accommodate or co-exist in those 3 pillars. Best example is that when Pet Battles were introduced in MOP, countless raids got their own raid-drop battle-pets, old and new, along with their achievements to go with them. I find it very hilarious and bizarre that people play this game without partaking in organised group content.

That being said, am I bored with DF? Not really. I got my KSM super early, I got my 2.4k some weeks after that, and I'm literally a few 20s away from 2.5k for the Feat of Strength (prolly doing those tonight, currently 2423 rating). I raid-lead my way to AOTC and killing Heroic Raszageth, we had a blast with my guild. Now we're slowly but steadily working on Mythic bosses, we're 2/8. We got Council down on the Sunday that passed. All my reps are maxxed out by now (obviously, I don't slack on World Quests). Slowly but steadily I've accrued over 110 Exalted Reputations. So that's going good. Only missing a handful of Dragon Customization scrolls, I casually look for rares now and then while doing WQ's and farming ore.

I'm at 415 ilvl, so at this point, I only need a few drops from Mythic raid and obviously all 421's from Great Vault (which takes months). Other than that, I have my Icon, I have my Flame, I have my 418 crafted weapon, my 418 Lariat, 2 more 418s (Got over 150 M+ runs this season, being the raid leader and maintank means people want you to tank dungeons for them constantly) so in terms of gear progression I'm pretty much capped. Well guess what? That means I only need to run 8 dungeons per week, which is LITERALLY one dungeon PER DAY and 2 on Sundays, which is quite literally the spiritual successor of TBC's "Daily Heroic for badges". No people, it does not take insane amounts of effort to cap your Great Vault each week with 8x dungeons cleared. It's your Daily Heroic, treat it as such. And I of course have to lead raids twice a week, for 3h per raid. Which is obviously the most fun WoW has to offer - nothing beats raiding with lots of people. I had an RL mate over (who is a gamer, but not a WoWer) watch my guild kill Raszageth Heroic. He told me it was like "Watching an orchestra play and you were the Maestro conducting everyone, it was magical".

So guess what? I can focus on Hogwarts Legacy! I can focus on God of War Ragnarok! I can focus on OTHER STUFF instead of NEEDING to play EVERY SINGLE DAY just to stay competitive. Like holy shit, I've crafted FOUR 418 items without even realising it! Literally got those Concentrated Primal Focus by pushing rating, helping guildies with their keys and just playing the game.

So to answer the OP, no, not really bored with DF at the moment. It's just I don't feel a compulsive reason to be online 24/7 in the fear that I'm missing out on power. As a maintank and raidleader, who respects my raiders, I would feel obliged to do THAT damn WQ on the corner of the map if Titanforging was still in the game. Why? Cause if I can get a fuckin 30 itemlevel upgrade, because the item decided to Titanforge 7 times to max level, from a WQ that takes 3 minutes to get to and 2 minutes to complete, you bet your ass I'm going for it. So I can make my healers lives easier. So I can be beefier. So I can increase the % chance of success my team has when fighting a boss. Thank the gods that's not the case nowadays - I've completed all 4 reps and the only WQ's I do are the Pokemon Snap ones (I loved that game) and the Dragonraces (Spyro the Dragon ripoff).

Armory link for the non-believers: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...erhood/dalinos
    My impression is that people just wants to discuss.

There are borderline no 'negative' threads except for this, tells me that people are enjoying thier time ingame.

But I also compare the recent SL culture(which was all doom and gloom) - might not be representative of DF.

Crushing who? Gear makes up nearly all of player power. Someone who 90% of my skill but with 110% of my gear will easily beat me.
    Everyone else...? Or are most of the players 90% of your skill? Because if that's true, you're (objectively) a bad player.
    If you're any good at the game, you're going to crush most people, gear level notwithstanding. Especially in PUG environment, where most players are mediocre, at best. Great players rarely PUG, and since they stick to their guilds, you're not going to encounter too many.
    Or is this another case of: "Only being the best in the world can satisfy me"...?

I'm saying this, because, from my experience, truly great players rarely bitch on the forums (the're too busy crushing people on meters in rtwf or mdis); it's often the Average Joe who complains about things like gear and player power, because gear and player power is the only thing that can give him an edge. I'd be very curious to see your parses, to be honest.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2023-02-28 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Class halls were ok, but they were facebook game
    and the wep skins were cool but lame at the same time, as they replaced all normal weapon drops, so you only got 6 new weapon appearences over the entire expansion per spec, FAR less then any expac.
    of course overall more, but so limited to spec and class.
    Yeah, I agree on that. I remember thinking during Legion that it sucked not having weapons drop in dungeons & raids. If I remember correctly, it was one feedback Blizzard also got.

But the basis of class halls with campaign, cool area and weapon progression(mostly cosmetics was cool tbh) was a good concept. We also got the class mounts via that and mage tower was somewhat tied to it too with the skin.

- - - Updated - - -

the issue with ap was it was infinite, and it was expansion long, which meant any time not spent leveling it, any falling behind would put you behind for 2 years.
    This so much. If someone got BiS gear and AP was in the game right now, they would still have to log on and keep farming AP to stay relevant. Just how it works. Sure, there can be catchup mechanics and all that, but at the end - theres bound to be grinds people gotta do in order to keep up. It just sucks.

As someone else said in this thread, its nice reaching a threshold in reasonable time in a patch, find yourself with less to do and as such can spend it elsewhere. So when new content drops, you are ready to go and pumped for it. With AP, it was a neverending grind.. Patch after patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.

It would probably take me 8 hours to reach 391 ILVL upon dinging on an alt, so I can see why you feel stuck in a rut after 2 months.
    Maybe the game just isn't for you anymore bro
    decent post. I would add that for some of us it *would* be a game to continue, if it didn't have such brutal requirements in vertical progression; that's because even if we're not necessarily "hard core": we may want to be very efficient when playing a game; this game is practically impossible to be played efficiently for high difficulties without wasting multiple hours a day on grinding mundane content because you won't even find groups that go to high difficulties if you don't put the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Or is this another case of: "Only being the best in the world can satisfy me"...?
    More like "only being as good as I can with BIS can satisfy me"

I'm saying this, because, from my experience, truly great players rarely bitch on the forums (the're too busy crushing people on meters in rtwf or mdis); it's often the Average Joe who complains about things like gear and player power, because gear and player power is the only thing that can give him an edge. I'd be very curious to see your parses, to be honest.
    Acting like there aren't plenty of people who don't do world first competition that get 100th percentile parses. I'm not saying I'm those people. I don't get 100s. I enjoy orange but might have 1-2 purples in a given raid. My guild isn't exactly top of the line, either, and sometimes we don't even get the final boss in mythic of a tier before the next one drops, but we're usually the top guild on a "dead realm." That's still not average. Not even close. "Average joe" is an LFR player. I'm not world class, but that doesn't invalidate my desires to not be outdone by people that wouldn't be able to otherwise without their gear/power systems grind. I want to be exactly where I deserve to be as if those things didn't exist.

I suppose it depends on what you consider "truly great." To me, nearly every doctor is "truly great." Meanwhile, some people might only consider the absolute most noteworthy doctors who discover cures for cancer or whatever to be "great."
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2023-02-28 at 08:33 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

My point was more that it's not true that there are no systems / mechanisms that, when combined, offer an almost infinite grind. The complaint that 'there's nothing to do' is a just not true. It's that there is nothing to do that provides an incremental compounding increase in power that prevents other players from catching up.

People don't want content, they want an easy way to maintain their ideas of elitism/supremacy based on no more than time spent lol.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    decent post. I would add that for some of us it *would* be a game to continue, if it didn't have such brutal requirements in vertical progression; that's because even if we're not necessarily "hard core": we may want to be very efficient when playing a game; this game is practically impossible to be played efficiently for high difficulties without wasting multiple hours a day on grinding mundane content because you won't even find groups that go to high difficulties if you don't put the hours.
    Do you mind if I ask what you consider to be high difficulties?

I work Monday-Fri and only really play a few hours a night a few nights a week. I regularly stand in the fire. Sometimes I walk over coffins in SMBG just for luls and I still get easy invites to +17/18 etc. Not even 400ilvl yet. Could just be a healer shortage though.
    Last edited by RahEndymion; 2023-02-28 at 08:37 AM.

People don't want content, they want an easy way to maintain their ideas of elitism/supremacy based on no more than time spent lol.
    I disagree with that assessment, though. Most of the people in my guilds that liked the infinite power stuff were extremely non-competitive people. They didn't care about their green parses, or their gear over other people. They just simply wanted a reward they could point to as character progression while they zoned-out doing the equivalent of farmville content in wow.

Do you mind if I ask what you consider to be high difficulties?

I work Monday-Fri and only really play a few hours a night a few nights a week. I regularly stand in the fire. Sometimes I walk over coffins in SMBG just for luls and I still get easy invites to +17/18 etc. Not even 400ilvl yet. Could just be a healer shortage though.
    I'm the kind of person that something like m+18 is not enough. I'm like "ok I've reached the limits of pugging as a raid leader/group leader so let's do something actually very hard now".

In order to do that you need a steady group; a steady group (that does hard stuff) will have high requirements in grinding for gear and other power; vertical progression is just too much in this particular game.

1+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with that assessment, though. Most of the people in my guilds that liked the infinite power stuff were extremely non-competitive people. They didn't care about their green parses, or their gear over other people. They just simply wanted a reward they could point to as character progression while they zoned-out doing the equivalent of farmville content in wow.
    But that is still in the game?

Primal storms / tuskar dailies / fishing / maruuk stuff / profs / dungeons / crafted & rep cosmetics / trading post and so on.

If they're not interested in player power, the content is absolutely there.

In fact, there's a ton more non-power related grinding to do per character than SL, BFA or Legion. At this point in SL you could only use one covenant per character and the cost to change was absurd. In Legion, there was not much non-power grinding outside of suramar at all. In BFA there was basically 0.

It's fine for people to not enjoy doing world content / farming collectibles / any of the other things I listed but it's not fine to pretend they don't exist haha.

It's also fine to say 'I preferred having a bar that I could look at that showed how close I was to getting X' because realistically, that's the only difference between SL non-combat grinds and DF.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'm the kind of person that something like m+18 is not enough. I'm like "ok I've reached the limits of pugging as a raid leader/group leader so let's do something actually very hard now".

In order to do that you need a steady group; a steady group (that does hard stuff) will have high requirements in grinding for gear and other power; vertical progression is just too much in this particular game.

I somewhat agree but fundamentally speaking, that's the point of high keys; to offer a relatively infinite difficulty scaling for people who are willing to / want to invest the time to make their character as efficient and effective as possible.

The issue here isn't the grind, it's the pug really. If you find a group of people who know your capabilities, and those capabilities are more substantial than having whatever it is pugs are demanding of you, the problem is gone.

If you're asking others to sacrifice their run because you do not have the things they want or the skill to compensate, you have no business being in those keys.

Really, you just need to add some people to your friends list haha
    Last edited by RahEndymion; 2023-02-28 at 08:54 AM.

"Average joe" is an LFR player. I'm not world class, but that doesn't invalidate my desires to not be outdone by people that wouldn't be able to otherwise without their gear/power systems grind. I want to be exactly where I deserve to be as if those things didn't exist.
    What about those players who get that BiS trinket or legendary drop while you don't? Do they deserve to beat you?
    What about those players who have the luxury of playing in a more optimized comp? Do they deserve to beat you?
    What about those players who are supplied with multiple personal buffs like PI while you don't? Do they deserve to beat you?
    None of those things involve any kind of grind; and all of those things impact performance more than any AP difference.

Anyway, don't answer. I already know the answer. If you truly are an orange player (care to share those parses?), with your views, you're the epitome of what I talked about earlier: someone suffering so much at the thought of not being the best, that everyone else has to reject their own kind of fun, just so they can make your pain a bit more sufferable. I don't know if that's the proper way of designing a game
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2023-02-28 at 09:13 AM.

Logged in last night, and got that feeling of end of expansion time, that dead time a few months before a new expansion and current expansion played out.

I just felt like nothing to do, except Q for a M+ which I had no interest in doing last night. Them I hopped on my DH level 68 to level him up some more, but got burned out after the third quest of retrieve this and collect that garbage. repeat times one hundred to DING. Ugh.

My main is i402 and I don't care to get higher geared right now, I'm happy enough where he's at. I'll wait till 10.1 to push further. I have several alts at level 70 between i365 to i380 gear, and really not interested in working to get them higher right now. And I have several alts between level 62 to 68 and currently burned out to get them all to 70.

Only fun I'm having is running old Shittylands Raids for transmog gear I never got and rare mounts. I am highly addicted to transmog gear, I want my character to always look cool and badass, i value that more than being highly geared. And right now the sets in SL Raid Sanctum of Domination is what I'm interested
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-02-28 at 03:49 PM.

Every time I see threads like this I cant help myself but wonder 2 things:

1.) How much free time do some of you have?? Because I am insanely jealous and want it too.

2.) Do you guys not enjoy playing other games??

Dragonflight in terms of content has been absolutely perfect for the average full time worker than also enjoys playing other games and does not want to be held hostage to one game while simultaneously offering enough fluff to accommodate people that want to spend more time in a single game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

My point was more that it's not true that there are no systems / mechanisms that, when combined, offer an almost infinite grind. The complaint that 'there's nothing to do' is a just not true. It's that there is nothing to do that provides an incremental compounding increase in power that prevents other players from catching up.

Guys I figured it out! Have a paragon system (like in diablo) that is an infinite grind but DOES NOT WORK in M+ nor in Raids nor in PvP.

It only works in World Content for WQs (and sure the world boss) but that's it.

Now the casuals can have their infinite grind that is more or less meaningless to the content they don't want to do (i.e. Group content) and the group content players (aka raiders, M+ runners, PvPers) don't feel the need to farm paragon because it doesn't contribute anything to their progression.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Every time I see threads like this I cant help myself but wonder 2 things:

1.) How much free time do some of you have?? Because I am insanely jealous and want it too.

2.) Do you guys not enjoy playing other games??

Dragonflight in terms of content has been absolutely perfect for the average full time worker than also enjoys playing other games and does not want to be held hostage to one game while simultaneously offering enough fluff to accommodate people that want to spend more time in a single game.
    It sucks that you don't have the time nor the desire to play the game. But it's asinine to design a game around people who can't or don't want to play it. You can't seriously expect people to stay subbed when you have 6-7 months or more between raid releases and M+ seasons and that's the only meaningful content you provide. This is WoD 2.0 and we all know how well that one was received.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post
    This is WoD 2.0 and we all know how well that one was received.
    Well, catering to raidloggers will result more often than not in a WoD-ish experience these days. Not that the systems soup (as Ion himself called it) of BfA, and especially SL, was any better - but I'm sure that people not interested in any of the "three pillars" can still have some kind of progression that lasts longer than one or two months without the need to throw everyone into facepalm-worthy content such as Choreghast.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post

Very interesting how you can frame your tiny little opinion as fact when it’s actually just arrogance haha.

Still doesn’t change the fact that you and others like you didn’t make the game, it’s not your game, you don’t know what players want, and a lot of us don’t play like you.