Deleted

Change minimap node colors by type

I am looking for an addon that can change the color of the yellow dots on the minimap. By default every node from ancient mana, fish school, mining and so on are plain yellow and there is no way to tell what is what without hovering over them. Do you guys know any addon where i can set the colors myself so for example the ancient mana nodes can be blue, fish green, mining red etc.

While this addon offers some differentiation (https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/de...t-minimapblips) between certain minimap blips, gatherable nodes cannot be differentiated from each other.
    What gathermate or gatherer does is place an additional icon on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    was just hunting down the exact same functionality. why has no one created a working mod for this?
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Not technically possible because they all map to the same part of the blip texture. I'm honestly a bit surprised Blizzard hasn't done anything to differentiate nodes over the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    gatherer managed to do it. it cant be THAT hard? (i dunno, but if one author has done it why cant another expound on the code?)
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    gatherer managed to do it. it cant be THAT hard? (i dunno, but if one author has done it why cant another expound on the code?)
    No, they have not.
    What that does is place another icon in the same place as a POSSIBLE node.
    The addon does not, and cannot track if there is actually anything there or not as the tracking blip would.
    It hides the icon when you are close enough to stop the icon blocking the blip, and can appear even if there is nothing there to gather.

In short, it cannot be done.
    Addons cannot access information about displayed gatherable blips.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-09-05 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    at the risk of irritating someone a LOT more knowledgeable than i am,

on a cursor float over, obviously without actually being NEAR the node, it knows the difference. can that not be exploited?

15+ Year Old Account
    probably but who would risk a ban over it

side not it would be grate to have

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Just gather your Hochenblume and stop complaining.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post

Almost 9 years..... how?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post

@kosajk have you noticed this is an old topic?
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Almost 9 years..... how?
    Probably googling how to do it and not looking at dates.

For anyone in the future, you can't. Blizz disabled "drawing" minimaps last I heard, so you can't change icons or have big minimaps for gathering (e.g. /farmmode in ElvUI)