10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on Enhancement Shaman in Dragonflight?

I wont admit I am hardcore shammy player, I am still not even that good as my class, I have been more of a shammy dabbler since TBC, I played on and off in TBC and WoTLK as an alt character, but I did always enjoy shaman, especially enhancement, the first time I really got into playing Enhancement was cata when it was given to the dwarfs. Enhancement Shaman have always felt like the more 'fun melee class' for me, as I tend to be a ranged guy (played a mage main since Vanilla - Shadowlands). But for a long time after MoP I'd say I fell out completely with shamans. they were no longer fun, but with Dragonflight I am loving Enhancement again for the first time in ages, its not perfect but its so enjoyable I have taken it up as a main (while being a healer on the side).

what is the state of enhancement to the more experienced enhancements shammys on this board cos I know I am not an experienced hardcore enhancement Shammy, I still am trying to find my groove, but would like to get your opinion on if it is the best its been for a while or if it still a mess?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Still super bloated and super squishy, so playable in PvE but trash ain PvP.

Most melees (if not all) superclasse Enhance in everything.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2023-01-30 at 12:24 PM.

Enhancemnt is... too much imho right now.

So much stuff to keep track of. Hella bloated.

Fun? Sure. But so unneccesarrily convoluted.

Also it is till incredibly shit to use support abilities. We have many. But it basically cripples us the moment we use them.

I don't want it to become a DH (which is the opposite case) but druid level would be allright. But i also don't know what to take out of the rotation. Combine CDs?

15+ Year Old Account
    same opinion
    it can throw some crazy numbers , some skills are really satysfying
    but lack of real all around defense in PvP
    and bloat of skills its a bit crazy tbh
    i thought its only "me issue"
    i managed to macro some cds but not everything is working that good in macro
    its ok not macro warstomp and thunderstorm (as long as you dont die after WS )
    primodial wave and lightning bolt works also ok
    but Lava Lash with hot hands + Ice Strike is a bit more problematic, maybe it would work better with Frost Shock in the end... 1 IS, 2 FS, combat reset 10 hmmm (although it will lock range skill behind mele ability )

if someone have some nice tips for some more macros i will be happy to throw an eye on it ;P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2023-01-31 at 12:36 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Depends if you like PvE or PvP, enchance is much better in PvE than PvP.

That said, it's still a poor mans Demon Hunter - do double the damage with half the buttons, what's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    same opinion
    it can throw some crazy numbers , some skills are really satysfying
    but lack of real all around defense in PvP
    and bloat of skills its a bit crazy tbh
    i thought its only "me issue"
    i managed to macro some cds but not everything is working that good in macro
    its ok not macro warstomp and thunderstorm (as long as you dont die after WS )
    primodial wave and lightning bolt works also ok
    but Lava Lash with hot hands + Ice Strike is a bit more problematic, maybe it would work better with Frost Shock in the end... 1 IS, 2 FS, combat reset 10 hmmm (although it will lock range skill behind mele ability )

if someone have some nice tips for some more macros i will be happy to throw an eye on it ;P
    I havent tried PVP yet, I am am going to jump in eventually. So I might find the same criticisms and problems :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    not a new story, we can be annoying when we talent for enemy comp but thats all basically
    new PVP totem is ultra annoying for sure ;p

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

15+ Year Old Account
    I realised we have issues in DF when i was too dependant on a trinket to actually matter in fast AoE (Algethar trinket with mastery on use).

The buttons are ..way too many. The answer of blizzard on this issue is .. "oh yes, we will buff lightning bolt in next content patch so you dont have to use elemental blast/et c instead of it . Ok.,...

The M+ suggested talent setup you see around is good at high end M+ 16+ the least imho, because you have to build dps while the others are deflating on their burst/dps, so the mobs have to actually have loads of hp :P

We are still and always be squishy. We wiill still give support with totems and all the problems that come with them (range, ppl that get affected, extra skill/talent if you want to move them).

Now the good parts

We can spec, for M+, with dispels, de-poisons, de-fear, and really many interrupts. ! 3 Area interrupts and 1 single interrupt. Very very very usefull in M+, i never seen other class in there being so usefull in ..SBG exhumed undead for example Very usefull with earthbind totem when you get the M+ ghosts whataretheycall, tremor totem in Nokhud two bosses fight, Windfury totem for us and melee... and some good bursts of healing/offhealing (oh they did nerf us there you know..noone yelled, they moved a healing boost talent to enhancement page = nerf , we have to use a talent point from our enhancement area to have it QQ) and they also put it this or the other healing buff..lame...anyway...

With proper setup and preparation we are very good at mythics (there are enha shamans at top of M+ which is very very good for us...)
    But for making the proper setup and preparation you really have to master or be near mastery of this specialization.

I play Enhancement, in raids and now kinda casual, since Burning Crusade where they made the spec raid-able :P . Most of the times blizzard will rework the spec just to rework it ..Sometimes they do a good job (one in Mists of Pandaria, i dont remember other lol), most of the times you ask them to fix "this" and they change "the other" and say "works as intended"

Same old story, at some point i believed all in blizzard played druids and hated enhancement shamans :P
    Last edited by voskopoula; 2023-03-28 at 03:15 PM.

Cata especially Firelands Enhance was amazing.

There's a lot of good things going for it.

-Much less resource overcap then legion/bfa, you can cap 10 maelstrom weapon charges in one gcd, or less than 10 if you feel you need to.

-Aoe rotation is fluid, somewhat bloated but that means you always have strong buttons to push (thunder crash, chain lighting, st fillers, aoe frost shock).

-Short cds and thus pretty smooth damage output, you have your high highs but you're doing decent at all times.

-I kinda like Elemental Blast concept in single target. A big hit that also momentarily buff stats, and you really feel its worth with each cast.

Bloat exists, but it's not so bad that i mind it much, and in fact i much prefer it to previous iterations that often had you with nothing to click and/or forced you to overcap resources, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Too bloated, for sure.

It's a clusterfuck fiesta of procs that procs from other procs that also procs from other procs. You may stay 15 sec waiting for something to happen or be totally unable of pushing everything that procs at the same time.

The concept of the class and spec is very good, but the playstyle where everything is RNG is anything but fun. Also, being forced into DW when there has always been a claim for allowing a 2H option (much like monks or frost dk can) is a bit bummer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Each build only really has or cares about one proc (hot hand or stormbringer), so idk what people complain about.

Enhance is fine right now. if you want to play smooth brained go storm build, if you want to min max on non single target fights then play elementalist, even then its not that difficult if you read your abilities and know how they interact.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I started having issues with hand/wrist pain given the massive amount of keybinds and hectic nature of the spec. Had to meticulously rethink my binds and how my hands flow from one action to the next, get a mouse with more side buttons and figure out an optimal distribution of regular actions between the left and right hand so I'm not putting too much stress on one versus the other. Found out I wasn't alone when I looked up an enhancement guide on youtube and the person prefaced the video with saying he had to get a wrist guard and compression glove, lol.