Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I gave up on Solo shuffle.
    In first week of it, I reached 1750 with ~60% win ratio. Then I didnt play for 2-3 weeks. Last week I came back and lost 500 rating.
    In 4:2 games, Id win 0 pts.
    In 3:3 games, Id lose 60-70.
    Even tho my AND MY OPONENTS cr/mmr was almost identical.
    was your CR above your mmr? tanking 500 rating most likely means you CR is above your mmr, thus losing points even if you go 3-3 since the system expects you to win more than 3

I don't see anything wrong. The dps are all around 770 mmr, you went 3-3 and you shouldn't gain rating because you're not above their skill level.

The healers are 1070, but solo shuffle matches healers with healers and dps with dps. This is why you see high rated healers in a low rated lobby, and low rated healers in a high rated lobby.

Again, there's absolutely nothing wrong here.

If I didn't make it clear, the mmr of a healer doesn't affect a dps and vice versa.(English isn't my main language)
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2023-02-10 at 11:49 AM.

This is how MMR works in *every* rated game?

If your MMR is higher than your CR you need less wins to gain rating (because the game will in theory be matching you with better players and punish you less for losing to them) whereas if your MMR is lower than your CR it takes more wins to gain rating (as the game will in theory match you with worse players to help you win).

MMR is the game trying to match you with players that it thinks your skill level is at. The higher it is the better players it faces you with and the higher your reward for beating them.

If you're in a bad streak and your MMR is BELOW your CR the game is basically assuming you've gotten too far ahead of your actual skill and you have to prove it wrong by winning more than you lose.

Edit: As an example I was around 2350 rating and had a bad run at 2/6 wins. Still gained 36 rating because I had had an extremely good streak without ever going below 4/6 since 1900 rating and the insanely high MMR practically shielded me because the game thought even 2 wins against the level of players I was facing was worthy of rating.
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2023-02-14 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    so, long story short, i was on my alt lock and casually trying to climb on solo shuffle. game ended with me going 3/3. alright, no big deal. then, i realised something very interesting. here, check for yourself :https://imgur.com/a/evgIXrK

now, please kindly check the priest's win/loss, his/her mmr and final result.

am i missing something crucial here or what ? please someone enlighten me.
    I've gone 4/2 and lost rating.

Admittedly i do not take playing my lock very seriously, and indeed just played terribly that day, but i still got kinda surprised you could get that result.

I figure it comes from sometimes playing well as a lock, then playing like a retard so the game matches you with even worse retards to see if that is your level now. Like a sort of "degradation match" to see if matchmaking didn't just overestimate you so you get a real easy match just to see if your estimated skill didn't just evaporate for whatever reason.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    so, long story short, i was on my alt lock and casually trying to climb on solo shuffle. game ended with me going 3/3. alright, no big deal. then, i realised something very interesting. here, check for yourself :https://imgur.com/a/evgIXrK

now, please kindly check the priest's win/loss, his/her mmr and final result.

am i missing something crucial here or what ? please someone enlighten me.
    Healer cr gains only based on the other healers mmr.

Priest mmr was under his cr and his cr was under holy pala's mmr. So 2 wins gave him points.

Priest MMR 1072 means system thinks he should be about 1072 rating, but he is under that at the moment (1022cr). He "wins 2 games, loses 4" against Hpal with nearly same mmr as his. His wins gave him more cr than usual, since system thinks he should be about 1070 cr while his loses cost him less cr for the same reason. (Probably something like win +25, win +25, lose -11, lose -11, lose -11, lose -10)

Meanwhile your MMR is UNDER your CR, so system thinks you should be a little lower than you are currently are. All dps mmr are similar so going 3-3 is basically a draw and no change to anything.

Working as intended, nothing unusual here.
    Last edited by melzas; 2023-02-14 at 09:36 AM.