Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Hair dye belong in fantasy as much as open heart surgery.
    You are wrong. And don't even think of complaining about my lack of argumentation here when you have offered none yourself.

By the way, did you educate yourself and looked up the definition of "fantasy", as I suggested before?
    Last edited by ClownPrincess; 2023-02-02 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumberer View Post
    You are actually pathetic
    An insult...

I'd laugh, but I feel sorry for the fact you fear seemingly these specific colors and different people so much.
    ... and absolute overinterpretaiton of my words in one sentence, nice.

Also, why is this obvious shitpost and bait shit still up after multiple jannies posted here?
    Different opinion =/= shitpost.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the irony here is he wants the new colours removed and the old ones kept... you know, the ones that we see every day on humans. If escapism is truly what OP wants then adding hair colours helps with that, not hinders it
    Why are you even replying when you ignore everything said? Modern hair ain't escapism

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    The problems always begin when they force irl stuff
    The entire human culture is based on "irl stuff", from books to movies, from music to games. Everything that's worthy is a commentary on "irl stuff", because one of the core ideas of art is to express yourself through creation, and one can only express who he is in the world he lives in. It is not "forced" by any means, because it's absolutely natural for the creator to insert himself into the creation. In case you didn't notice, games are made by people, not by robots; and people have those funny things called feelings, and express those feelings through creativity. And if you don't enjoy the thing they create, the solution is to look away. Your idea of art devoid of any actual references to the world we live in is shallow, uninteresting and pretty much worthless.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    Why are you even replying when you ignore everything said? Modern hair ain't escapism
    so then what, all hair should be removed then? oh, no, wait that wouldn't be escapism either because there are bald people in the real world. jesus christ do you even read what you post.

I'll go over my main point again, just for you:

OP complained about pink, blue, purple hair in WoW as ruining the "escapism" but made no mention of the current hair colours which are far, far more common in the real world than pink, blue and purple hair is. so if he really was against the real world intertwining with WoW then he should be asking for the removal of blonde, brunette, redhead, grey/white hair. But he's not.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2023-02-02 at 10:56 AM.

An insult...

... and absolute overinterpretaiton of my words in one sentence, nice.

Different opinion =/= shitpost.
    Why are you so triggered over blue and pink hair colors then? Maybe it's loathing? Maybe it's just an easy way for you to try to disregard people you despise?

I love when someone gets mad that world of Warcraft doesn't meet Tolkien's definition of fantasy to a tee.

I mean I've had a fucking motorcycle for over 10 years now a second motorcycle made in a damned reality show and a robot that is powered by mountain dew that ship has fucking SAILED

The problems always begin
    Oh, and BTW; no problems have ever "began". You need to understand that you not liking how someone expresses himself is not a problem, and should never, ever be given any serious consideration. It is only healthy for anyone ivolved in the creation process to simply ignore you; and it is only healthy for you to simply ignore the creation.

There's absolutely nothing about hair that is relevant to whether something is escapism.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so then what, all hair should be removed then? oh, no, wait that wouldn't be escapism either because there are bald people in the real world. jesus christ do you even read what you post.

I'll go over my main point again, just for you:

OP complained about pink, blue, purple hair in WoW as ruining the "escapism" but made no mention of the current hair colours which are far, far more common in the real world than pink, blue and purple hair is. so if he really was against the real world intertwining with WoW then he should be asking for the removal of blonde, brunette, redhead, grey/white hair. But he's not.
    its escapism from now not feudal life. Colors are modern , basic tones are fitting for feudal life. Why do you need simple things explained?

its escapism from now not feudal life. Colors are modern , basic tones are fitting for feudal life. Why do you need simple things explained?
    https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/w...oose_Your_Side

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Azeroth_Choppers

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mohawk_Grenade

But please tell me how you draw the line at pink hair

You really don't want to go down this rabbit hole "This means ban anything modern" if this is your interpretation of escapism, there so many more things to remove from wow then.

Colors are modern , basic tones are fitting for feudal life.
    I used to believe that the reason that movies taking places in the 50s were in black and white was because color literally didn't exist back then.

I was 4 years old, though. What's your excuse?

By the way, i don't think I've seen feudalism anywhere in wow. That's because it's a fantasy setting, meaning anything goes, and not a recreation of the real world of the past.

There's so many things in WoW that deserve harsh criticism but people are getting mad about....hair colors? Really? Wild hair colors have been a part of Warcraft since its inception but NOW people are upset about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Your idea of art devoid of any actual references to the world we live in is shallow, uninteresting and pretty much worthless.
    I will skip most of your post (in which i mostly agree with it) and focus only on this part.
    By this sentence you are trying to tell me that there is the only right truth on this topic... and i simply don't agree.
    You can't just tell me your thoughts are 'shallow, uninteresting and pretty much worthless' as this is the reason why forums like this one even exist... to present your opinions and talk about them.

Why are you so triggered over blue and pink hair colors then?
    I am not even close to being triggered.
    I presented my opinion why i do not like these colours and you started replying to me.
    You could just read my post and move on instead doing that you know?

Maybe it's loathing? Maybe it's just an easy way for you to try to disregard people you despise?
    And yeah... putting words to my mouth again... so i will not even respond to you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Oh, and BTW; no problems have ever "began". You need to understand that you not liking how someone expresses himself is not a problem, and should never, ever be given any serious consideration. It is only healthy for anyone ivolved in the creation process to simply ignore you; and it is only healthy for you to simply ignore the creation.
    I am and will be 100% happy with new customistaions.
    I absolutely don't see this topic as 'i will add this hair colour to the game to express myself'.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2023-02-02 at 11:24 AM.

I will skip most of your post (in which i mostly agree with it) and focus only on this part.
    By this sentence you are trying to tell me that there is the only right truth on this topic... and i simply don't agree.
    You can't just tell me your thoughts are 'shallow, uninteresting and pretty much worthless' as this is the reason why forums like this one even exist... to present your opinions and talk about them.
    I didn't call your thoughts shallow and worthless; I called that an idea of art which is 100% devoid of any cultural refences. In fact, I don't even think it's possible to create anything with no relation to the irl world, as it would somehow require the creator to forget who he is & and what constitutes him. So to say that "putting irl stuff into the creation" is somehow a problem is, simply put, a misunderstanding. There is no other way. Even when you create something that is supposed to allow you to "escape" irl, you ARE in fact making huge references to the irl - because you're trying to escape from very specific things, don't you...? So in reality, "putting irl things" into games or whatever is not the REAL problem (for you); the problem is that they put all the "wrong things" (from your perspective, at least).

It's ridiculous if we look at Warcraft as a classic fantasy, Tolkien's style. Which it was, with its own style of exaggeration and humor.

But Warcraft has become a "cramp in everything colorful circus" fantasy and therefore nothing is out of place.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I am not even close to being triggered.
    I presented my opinion why i do not like these colours and you started replying to me.
    You could just read my post and move on instead doing that you know?
    Hopefully through therapy you can overcome your fear of pinks and blues, I believe in you!

You really don't want to go down this rabbit hole "This means ban anything modern" if this is your interpretation of escapism, there so many more things to remove from wow then.
    You're right of course. BC already brought space ships with dranei. That said people were also shittalking space goats not fitting into wow back then. This thread exists simply cause the news put the newest change into focus. A year down the line it will be forgotten same as space goats bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Anime is not the same.
    but a computer game is..
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM