Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the media should stop using friendly images of him. When i see pics of him in an article he doesnt look fat and short like he does in reality, always doing leg work for these pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the media should stop using friendly images of him. When i see pics of him in an article he doesnt look fat and short like he does in reality, always doing leg work for these pricks.

This image of him looking slightly bloated, out of focus, and sad while a Democratic president in his 80's wraps his arm around a smiling locals smiling wife while he looks thin and chipper really does a lot of that work.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you ask Google for ron desadness, it asks if you mean Ron DeSantis.

No, really. It's hilarious.
    Ron DeSadness it is.

Steele seems to be one of the last Republicans, and Republicans with any leadership experience, with a brain. I do wonder what happened with him that he didn't fall into the MAGA cult completely.

But he brings up a salient point here! One that I doubt Meatball Ron considered as he started freestyling on the mic.

It really does speak volumes about how Republicans really struggle to think beyond the immediate moment here. Does it sound good? Yeah! Does it stick it to Disney? Yeah! Will it resonate with Republican voters? Yeah! Does it make any actual sense outside of that context?...well no, of course not. It's a monumentally stupid thing to even consider and publicly state.

DeSantis taking Disney's land by eminent domain means the land belongs to Florida, and the governor of Florida can set whatever rules they want for Disney to pay rent to stay on it.

Disney will not accept that.

The issue appears to be this one, that DeSantis does have the right for Florida to seize Disney's land, even if doing so will end Disney's ability to make money off it, if there's a good reason, such as public health...or "background principles of the State's law of property and nuisance already place upon land ownership". He can't just take it "just because" but he can surely find an early 1900's law that pre-dates the Disney swamp purchase. If he feels the need to.

This is not an instant "I Win" button for DeSantis. Eminent domain tends to work, but there are restrictions.

One, the seizure has to be for the public good. They'll have to prove that in court, but I'm guessing the judges will be DeSantis-leaning. Still, he will have to prove, in court, that a chunk of swampland in the middle of the state would be something the state wants for itself, and the theme park on top of it can't be part of the deal.

Two, the Fifth Amendment says DeSantis will have to pay just compensation. This...will be what Disney can tie up in courts indefinitely. Simply put, a land seizure that large and that vindictive has never been done before. DeSantis will claim that the land itself is basically worthless, Disney will bring in twelve truckloads of receipts saying "no it isn't".

In other words, DeSantis using the nuclear option means not only will he cause Disney to leave the state, he'll be paying them to do it.

That's why it's the nuclear option. DeSantis can almost assuredly do this, but it will cost his state well more than he's willing to lose. Yes, Disney doesn't want to leave. But yes, if DeSantis goes that route, they will. And, yes, we won't know until at least 2025. DeSantis won't do this while he feels he can still run for President. For now, it's a hypothetical in the "dumbest moves you can make" category.
    This is the thing right here. The only reason why that land has ANY value at all is because of Disney. I am not sure if there are any natural resources under the parks themselves but one of the main reasons why Walt Disney wanted that land is because it was basically worthless before he came along.

While Disney would do everything they can to not move, I can pretty much see them leave the state if they can no longer make money off of the land due to government interference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    When i see pics of him in an article he doesnt look fat and short like he does in reality
    DeSadness likely takes a page out of Trump's book, or they both took pages out of the same book, whatever, knowing that image is everything. Trump leans on the podium so we don't see how fat he his, for example.

But he can't hide forever. DeSadness is likely five-nine or so but many politician men are taller than the average man, making him look shorter purely by context. America hasn't elected a shorter-than-average President since television, and Jimmy Carter is the shortest at five-foot-nine in the last fifty years. Nixon was six-foot-even before his head was put in a jar.

Oh, and @Edge-

This appears to be a full body shot from the same day, same hour likely, as yours. Only it shows DeSadness' feet.

Biden is six foot even, obviously DeSadness can't keep up.

But that's his wife, five-foot-six, in flats. And...what are those on DeSadness' feet? They look like thick-heeled boots. Are those lifts? Is Ron DeSantis wearing drag queen heels?

Okay, obviously a man's choice of footwear and his ability to govern are not really related. A man's choice of footwear and his value of his own image, however, are. Maybe Ron DeSantis has a Napoleon complex?

DeSadness likely takes a page out of Trump's book, or they both took pages out of the same book, whatever, knowing that image is everything. Trump leans on the podium so we don't see how fat he his, for example.

But he can't hide forever. DeSadness is likely five-nine or so but many politician men are taller than the average man, making him look shorter purely by context. America hasn't elected a shorter-than-average President since television, and Jimmy Carter is the shortest at five-foot-nine in the last fifty years. Nixon was six-foot-even before his head was put in a jar.

Oh, and @Edge-

This appears to be a full body shot from the same day, same hour likely, as yours. Only it shows DeSadness' feet.

Biden is six foot even, obviously DeSadness can't keep up.

But that's his wife, five-foot-six, in flats. And...what are those on DeSadness' feet? They look like thick-heeled boots. Are those lifts? Is Ron DeSantis wearing drag queen heels?

Okay, obviously a man's choice of footwear and his ability to govern are not really related. A man's choice of footwear and his value of his own image, however, are. Maybe Ron DeSantis has a Napoleon complex?
    always grates on me when the right wing tv ghouls and poli's rag on drag queens but wear make up every time they are on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    $19 million for that one? That's it? I only need to work another 1,250 years to buy it!
    Golden Oak Development east of Disney World. Wonder how those homeowners feel about DeSantis fight with Disney. And all the other multi-million dollar developments around the area. Wow! 2M to 3M just for vacant parcels.

Those are all so "Disney" names for streets and I kinda love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lest we forget;

He definitely likes his fancy-prancy footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Steele seems to be one of the last Republicans, and Republicans with any leadership experience, with a brain. I do wonder what happened with him that he didn't fall into the MAGA cult completely.
    If I remember right, he's the guy who was frustrated that the Republicans' response to Benghazi and Hilary's emails, that these exposed very real issues that needed very real solutions and instead of taking action to actually address evolving government policy they just turned it into a giant "Hilary Bad" media circus and accomplished fuck all of actual consequence.

The GOP-controlled legislature introduced an amendment saying that a district cannot comply with any land agreements made three months before a new board is installed.

https://myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/...4&Session=2023

12 special district is precluded from complying with the terms of
    13 any development agreement, and any other agreement for which the
    14 development agreement serves in whole or part as consideration,
    15 executed within 3 months preceding the effective date of a law
    16 modifying the manner of selecting members of the governing body
    17 of the independent special district from election to appointment
    18 or from appointment to election. The newly elected or appointed
    19 governing body of the independent special district shall review
    20 within 4 months of taking office any development agreement and
    21 any other agreement for which the development agreement serves
    22 in whole or part as consideration and, after such review, shall
    23 vote on whether to seek readoption of such agreement. This
    24 subsection shall apply to any development agreement that is in
    25 effect on, or is executed after, the effective date of this
    26 section. This subsection expires July 1, 2028, unless reviewed
    27 and saved from repeal through reenactment by the Legislature.

We'll see how Disney will respond to that. It seems to non-lawyer me, that a retroactive change that harms one party to a contract is a major breach that can result in massive damages. The amendment was not in force when the contract was signed and enacted so it is not relevant.

Wow, just a hypertargeted piece of legislation there. Will be interesting to see what happens and if Disney's lawyers again find perfectly legal ways to ignore Meatball Ron and his crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The GOP-controlled legislature introduced an amendment saying that a district cannot comply with any land agreements made three months before a new board is installed.
    Ah, I see. Sign a contract, then pass a law that says you don't have to abide by it. Why doesn't every state do this? It'd save millions on salaries. "Good to have you here in your government job. We've retroactively cut your pay in half, and if you quit you owe us $100,000. There's your desk, Janice is the office admin, we have donuts on Wednesdays. Just kidding. We retroactive removed donuts. And Janice."

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It seems to non-lawyer me, that a retroactive change that harms one party to a contract is a major breach that can result in massive damages. The amendment was not in force when the contract was signed and enacted so it is not relevant.
    Ex post facto laws typically don't work out too well. They're showing their desperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If I remember right, he's the guy who was frustrated that the Republicans' response to Benghazi and Hilary's emails, that these exposed very real issues that needed very real solutions and instead of taking action to actually address evolving government policy they just turned it into a giant "Hilary Bad" media circus and accomplished fuck all of actual consequence.
    He's still part of the "Leopards Eating People's Faces" party. If his stance is just "Leopards are beautiful animals, but I don't support all this 'eating people's faces' stuff", we've got to start questioning why the fuck he's still part of that party at all. Because his presence is tacitly expressing his support of leopards eating people's faces.

To put it another way, there were no "good Nazis", unless we want to count people like Oskar Schindler who were actively working against Nazi interests in secret. But nobody openly supported the Nazis and then were shocked to find out they were exterminating the Jews, like they'd been promising they would do the entire time they existed and which was some of their primary rhetoric leading up to seizing power. They were just ashamed of themselves for supporting it and willfully ignoring how bad it was getting. It's hard to have much sympathy with those kinds of people. Given that there's real victims as a result of their choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Lest we forget;

He definitely likes his fancy-prancy footwear.
    He looks like a rejected DBZ villain...

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    He looks like a rejected DBZ villain...
    That's not even his final form.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not even his final form.
    "And this, is to go even FÜHRER BEYOND!"