Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Manosphere/Redpill Community and the Dehumanization of Straight Men

As someone who's neither particularly misognyistic nor really having major problems with talking to women, I've been sort of following the manosphere out of morbid curiosity in the same way I've followed other online communities like alt right or tankie spaces, and I've honestly come to the realization that the manosphere/redpill community is...very dehumanizing if you're just a normal straight man. I've heard so many things from these people (Andrew Tate, Fresh and Fit, JustPearlyThings, etc) that just try to paint straight men as...essentially beasts; let your boyfriend/husband cheat on you and men have the right to cheat but women don't, women shouldn't vote, women are the property of men, men are only attractive because of their money and status, and it really bothers me just how much these people are essentially making men out to sound like animals. Even with someone as innocuous (but still very sexist) as saying women are more emotional than men or that men are purely logical creatures. Like no, I have emotions as a man and I wouldn't want to be with any woman that purely wanted me for my status or money, nor would I ever want someone to submit to me that was basically forced to (I personally find submission sexy but not really in a "women are meant to be subservient way"), that would just make me feel like a loser.

At the end of the day, it's almost like these people are just straight horsehoe theory-ing it up to the point where they sound more like misandrists than men trying to uplift other men. It's like these men want to essentially try and use some malformed appeal to nature to try and excuse terrible behavior from men, and everything I've ever learned from other men has taught me the opposite. There's nothing more un-masculine than a man who won't take responsibility or demands respect by virtue of having a penis, it's just cowardly...

15+ Year Old Account
    They're grifters who profit off the misery of men. Tate has his hands in multiple money making schemes. One is his Hustler University, the indoctrination network/discord. Then of course there's his money laundering operation from his organized crime friends in the Romanian mafia.

Then there's his camgirl business. Where he literally locks women up in his compound, refuses to let them leave, forces them to form parasocial relationships with desperate single men who pay a lot of money to see them naked. Dude literally grifts money from miserable men, convinces them they're not miserable and they remain miserable and worship him for it. He talks down to them, tells them how shitty and pathetic they are, and they claim this "motivated" them to become better people.

Listen, if there are any single lonely men out there who are out of shape, I'll tell you you're a shitty man to encourage you to make it to the gym, and I don't even do human trafficking.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    They're grifters who profit off the misery of men. Tate has his hands in multiple money making schemes. One is his Hustler University, the indoctrination network/discord. Then of course there's his money laundering operation from his organized crime friends in the Romanian mafia.

Then there's his camgirl business. Where he literally locks women up in his compound, refuses to let them leave, forces them to form parasocial relationships with desperate single men who pay a lot of money to see them naked. Dude literally grifts money from miserable men, convinces them they're not miserable and they remain miserable and worship him for it. He talks down to them, tells them how shitty and pathetic they are, and they claim this "motivated" them to become better people.

Listen, if there are any single lonely men out there who are out of shape, I'll tell you you're a shitty man to encourage you to make it to the gym, and I don't even do human trafficking.
    They're definitely grifters, but I hope they don't do any long term damage to gender relations or propagate even more harmful stereotypes of men.

Ew, straight people... gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why some people pray the world ends in fire to purge the stupid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is why some people pray the world ends in fire to purge the stupid.
    Unfortunately, the stupid are the most aggressively concerned with survival. The middle east went through a time of great scientific enlightenment and look what the religious conservatives did.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, the stupid are the most aggressively concerned with survival. The middle east went through a time of great scientific enlightenment and look what the religious conservatives did.
    And its terrifying how close the religious take over of the Middle East reflects the current push of Evangelicals in the US.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    As a religious person I can not deny this then or now. Rodney Dangerfield was right about the reason tigers eat their young.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And its terrifying how close the religious take over of the Middle East reflects the current push of Evangelicals in the US.
    Atheism was a mistake because it released the believers into finding replacement cults to fill the void which as usual were more radical as upstarts than the established church that already had its fun inquisition purge days behind itself. It would would have been much smarter to keep telling these people to go to church to dampen the damage they cause.

Supposedly the biggest tv atheism celeb who famously hopped around on tv promoting atheism came to same conclusion and regretted it later trying to find a fix- but thats only something ive been told once no idea if true.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    Atheism was a mistake because it released the believers into finding replacement cults to fill the void which as usual were more radical as upstarts than the established church that already had its fun inquisition purge days behind itself. It would would have been much smarter to keep telling these people to go to church to dampen the damage they cause.

Supposedly the biggest tv atheism celeb who famously hopped around on tv promoting atheism came to same conclusion and regretted it later trying to find a fix- but thats only something ive been told once no idea if true.
    I'm pretty sure a large number of people in the Manosphere are unironically religious. JustPearlyThings has a ton of videos of panels complaining about "feminism in the Church" and then Andrew Tate literally converted to Islam. A lot of ideas in the Manosphere are also taken and warped from Abrahamic religions, like women being subservient to men, taking their husband's last names, women being the "possessions" of their fathers and husbands, etc.

Religiosity in North America is also much higher than in Europe or Japan, atheism still has a very big stigma in the US, which is why many atheists (including myself) tend to try to avoid talking about it when around others IRL.

Although I do think you have a point about atheism lacking a strong belief. Personally I've gotten into a form of Neo-Animism lately, animism being one of the oldest categories of human religions, although it doesn't really require you to believe in a God or Gods, so I am still an atheist.
    Neo-animism is a term used to describe a modern spiritual or philosophical movement that views all living and non-living things as having a spiritual essence or soul. It is often associated with a belief in the interconnectedness of all things and the idea that everything in the natural world should be respected and revered. The movement is seen as a response to the disconnection from nature and the spiritual beliefs that many people feel in modern society.
    I don't really believe we have "souls" (maybe in an abstract way), but I do believe that we are a part of nature and should protect it, and that most things are interconnected on an ecological and biological level.

Also a transhumanist to some degree...

15+ Year Old Account

Atheism, just being another form of religion, is not immune to radicalization and its dangers, news at 11. But it's pretty clear that radical theism has done and is doing much more damage to the scientific world than atheism ever has. I can't even count the number of religious memes pushing anti-vaxx rhetoric.

Atheism, just being another form of religion, is not immune to radicalization and its dangers, news at 11. But it's pretty clear that radical theism has done and is doing much more damage to the scientific world than atheism ever has. I can't even count the number of religious memes pushing anti-vaxx rhetoric.
    It's the Mark of the Beast!!1!11!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioMoroder View Post
    I'm pretty sure a large number of people in the Manosphere are unironically religious. JustPearlyThings has a ton of videos of panels complaining about "feminism in the Church" and then Andrew Tate literally converted to Islam. A lot of ideas in the Manosphere are also taken and warped from Abrahamic religions, like women being subservient to men, taking their husband's last names, women being the "possessions" of their fathers and husbands, etc.
    If they were really deeply religious "start a camwhoring business" would be not on the table. So whats left? Opportunism. You can say "im muslim" to use islamophobia as a shield to metagame the political landscape. If he says "islam says.." instead of "i says..." the feminists are done because they aren't allowed to be islamophobic.

lmao ranting about the anti-vaxx devil. Pharma got high fines for bad charges on swine flu cause they went cheap on production minmaxing profit. So next you got told questioning quality is heresy only those devils do. You mirror what you fear. Got convinced to work against your own interests with a bogeyman.

Calling atheism religion is ridiculous. It literally means lack of belief in gods. Thus it's like a blank slate in terms of what beliefs it gives you. They can really hold various world views and you can't really categorize as one group that hold anyways.

Shitty people are gonna have awful world views regardless of their religion or lack of there of. That's how humans are unfortunatelly.

If they were really deeply religious "start a camwhoring business" would be not on the table. So whats left? Opportunism. You can say "im muslim" to use islamophobia as a shield to metagame the political landscape. If he says "islam says.." instead of "i says..." the feminists are done because they aren't allowed to be islamophobic.

lmao ranting about the anti-vaxx devil. Pharma got high fines for bad charges on swine flu cause they went cheap on production minmaxing profit. So next you got told questioning quality is heresy only those devils do. You mirror what you fear. Got convinced to work against your own interests with a bogeyman.
    I think you underestimate how many people (at least in America) really care about Islam like that. I think that's more of a "woke" European thing tbh, at least with younger Americans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being an anti-vaxxer, LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Calling atheism religion is ridiculous. It literally means lack of belief in gods. Thus it's like a blank slate in terms of what beliefs it gives you. They can really hold various world views and you can't really categorize as one group that hold anyways.

Shitty people are gonna have awful world views regardless of their religion or lack of there of. That's how humans are unfortunatelly.
    I'm not going to discuss this on these forums much more than saying that radical factions of atheism exhibit qualities that mirror religious radicals. Radicalization is bad, who knew?

But this is a thread about the manosphere, which, update, is in full on deflect, deny, COPIUM mode as Andrew Tate's incredibly damning logs are released. The manosphere is claiming that "The Matrix" used an AI to replicate his voice and make him say terrible things and that all the evidence of his logs that sound exactly like him are fake.

Wonder when we're going to reach the step where they pretend they never liked him?

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioMoroder View Post
    I think you underestimate how many people (at least in America) really care about Islam like that. I think that's more of a "woke" European thing tbh, at least with younger Americans.
    It was big in UK. Wasnt he living in UK? I remember seeing news of tate arrested in UK.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was big in UK. Wasnt he living in UK? I remember seeing news of tate arrested in UK.
    He was arrested in both for strong rape accusations, and fled before he could be charged. Because innocent men flee, right?

He fled to a country where he couldn't be extradited and that had loose laws about rape, Romania, figuring he could just pay the Romanian cops off and live a life of luxury leeching money off of cam girls. (Tate has blatantly said he takes as much money from his girls as he can) He's now in prison with no bail and no chance of release because he's considered a flight risk. The case against Tate is looking incredibly strong, especially considering his history of sexual violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread went off the trails into "religion-talk" very quickly.

At any rate... Tate doesn't seek to uplift men in any meaningful way. He tells them that the things women ostensibly want from a man (money, appearance, power) they don't have, and that you can't get said things women want without listening to (read, paying for) their nonsense. If it's indeed their personality that's keeping women away (and the more they listen to the likes of Tate, the more likely that's going to become the case) Tate and co. offer the easy solution that doesn't require any actual self-improvement or introspection... to just blame the women, and that they need to become the vapid, rich, arrogant douchebags they imagine women want to be with. Again, by paying Tate to learn how.

You make far less money off of pitching "you'll find the right woman, just be yourself and put yourself out there in a responsible way, these are emotional steps you might have to work on personally to deal with your issues along the way" to someone romantically frustrated than you do "it's the women's fault, they only date pretty boy assholes who abuse them, here's how you become one because right now you're just a pathetic little virgin. But pay us money and we'll make you the kind of man the girls always went for instead of you."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-01-17 at 12:54 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ah yeah, I can't say it's been very newsworthy in America, basically kind of a cliffnote in all the rest of the Andrew Tate fuckery.

I know Islam is still a hot button issue in Europe, but at some point in the 2010s most people (outside of maybe Boomers addicted to Newsmax/OneAmericaNews) basically stopped giving a shit about Islam and Muslims. It also probably helps that most people of Middle Eastern and North African descent in America are essentially Maronite Christian Lebanese and Syrians, and Coptic Egyptians that mostly identify as white (ex: Tony Shalhoub, Rami Malek, Ralph Nader) and largely integrate/mix into the Euro-American pop (ex: Vince Vaughn, Frank Zappa).

Most of our Muslim demographic is actually either Africans (West Africans and Somalis), South Asians (Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis), or Old Stock converts (usually either African-American ex-cons or WASPs into alternative lifestyles), and of course the more recently arrived Afghan refugees with a minority of long standing ME/NA Muslims.

Regardless...Islam is pretty irrelevant to most American's lives at this point, like it's not even something most of us even think about on a daily basis.
    Last edited by ScipioMoroder; 2023-01-17 at 02:03 AM.