Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    OT Orlando Brown Jr. to the Bengals on a big deal. This is probably why they let both their safeties walk. No way you can afford Brown AND those 2 guys.
    Nah.

The Bengals gave him what they thought was a lowball offer for his value, and got shocked when he signed the dotted line. Brown literally fell into their lap and i stilld on't know how to feel about it.

Vonn bell walked because Panthers offered 3 mil more guarenteed. Brown's signing had no bearing on their decision on Bell. Bates...well...his foot was out the door after they tagged him and we drafted Daxton Hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Zeke narrowed down his options to either the Bengals or the Eagles.

Take him Philly, please. Unless Zeke wants to pass block 80 percent of snaps, then MAYBE. But i'd rather draft someone fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Take him Philly, please. Unless Zeke wants to pass block 80 percent of snaps, then MAYBE. But i'd rather draft someone fresh.
    Agreed, would be hilarious to see how Cowboys fans react with him on the Eagles. if the football gods have any sense of humor they make it happen.

Lotta smoke connecting DHop to the Bills. I think that'd solve a lot of problems about people just blanketing Diggs, move Gabe Davis to WR3, with crazy options in WR4. The money is the only hesitation I have.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Lotta smoke connecting DHop to the Bills. I think that'd solve a lot of problems about people just blanketing Diggs, move Gabe Davis to WR3, with crazy options in WR4. The money is the only hesitation I have.
    He will get a phat contract, like Von Miller. Then the Flutie curse will strike again, and he tear an ACL, like Von Miller. Last season made me too cynical.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah.

The Bengals gave him what they thought was a lowball offer for his value, and got shocked when he signed the dotted line. Brown literally fell into their lap and i stilld on't know how to feel about it.

Vonn bell walked because Panthers offered 3 mil more guarenteed. Brown's signing had no bearing on their decision on Bell. Bates...well...his foot was out the door after they tagged him and we drafted Daxton Hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Zeke narrowed down his options to either the Bengals or the Eagles.

Jets are apparently on Zeke's list too. That's the Rodgers effect.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s a shame rodgers isn’t considering a place that’s warm or has a dome. I always wondered if his postseason play would be better away from the cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    It’s a shame rodgers isn’t considering a place that’s warm or has a dome. I always wondered if his postseason play would be better away from the cold.
    It would solve what his problem is, that's for sure. Is it the weather in GB or is it just that he can't handle the pressure?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It would solve what his problem is, that's for sure. Is it the weather in GB or is it just that he can't handle the pressure?
    The world may never know. I thought the same about Peyton. Imagine if he’d gone to SF over Denver.

I mean, he’s obviously capable of playing great in cold weather, but as conditions get worse so does his play seemingly, and they usually have home field for most playoff games. I think the biggest cases against the weather mattering are his losses in SF (and to a smaller extent bucs) but those weren’t exactly on him. I don’t remember him lighting anything up either.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The world may never know. I thought the same about Peyton. Imagine if he’d gone to SF over Denver.

I mean, he’s obviously capable of playing great in cold weather, but as conditions get worse so does his play seemingly, and they usually have home field for most playoff games. I think the biggest cases against the weather mattering are his losses in SF (and to a smaller extent bucs) but those weren’t exactly on him. I don’t remember him lighting anything up either.
    Miami, Tennessee, Arizona, and Denver were who was going after Manning. He met with Arizona and Denver.
    At the time SF had their rookie Kaepernick lead them to the NFC Championship game the season before. They weren't looking for a QB yet.

I never want to hear Ravens fans call anyone a poverty franchise ever again.

With as much as Lamar Jackson has done for that sorry ass team they can't retain him. Damn, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Jets are apparently on Zeke's list too. That's the Rodgers effect.
    Nobody is lining up to play with Rodgers unless Rodgers is all they've ever known.

With as much as Lamar Jackson has done for that sorry ass team they can't retain him. Damn, lol.
    I dunno, that is a lot of money he wants and I bet he wants most if not all of it guaranteed. For some QBs I could see it but with a running QB who has an injury history now? Ehhh...

Also they COULD pay him all the money if they wanted to, they could afford it, but WHY would you want to do that?

This is on Jackson, not the Ravens. He's been hurt multiple seasons in a row and wants a large guaranteed contract because the Browns were stupid. He's screwing himself not having an agent that has an actual idea of his market value. QBs that rely on running that keep getting hurt are never going to get what he wants.

10+ Year Old Account

Good thing they already have a PRO BOWL QB ready to replace him.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    This is on Jackson, not the Ravens. He's been hurt multiple seasons in a row and wants a large guaranteed contract because the Browns were stupid. He's screwing himself not having an agent that has an actual idea of his market value. QBs that rely on running that keep getting hurt are never going to get what he wants.
    If you'd told me that the Browns trading for the worst human being currently in the NFL would somehow blow back on and screw over the Ravens I'd have called you nuts.

But that's exactly what's happened here. And without a real agent nobody is telling Jackson that a guaranteed deal, at least in the style of Watson's, isn't happening. Maybe he could get something like the Cousins package, a rolling 2 year guarantee that he re-ups every offseason, but not a long-term guaranteed deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feels like Bell again

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure why anyone is signing a long term contract right now as an elite level player. With how much the cap goes up every year, its about 2-3 years before players start getting salty and wanting a new contract. Injuries I know a big reason why these players have wanted long deals, but how often does an elite QB have a career altering injury now days?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I am not sure why anyone is signing a long term contract right now as an elite level player. With how much the cap goes up every year, its about 2-3 years before players start getting salty and wanting a new contract. Injuries I know a big reason why these players have wanted long deals, but how often does an elite QB have a career altering injury now days?
    There are 14 QBs with injuries on this chart
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries

I am not sure what defines an elite QB or career altering. The average NFL career is https://www.statista.com/statistics/...otball-league/ by position....

How can you blame someone that is deemed elite and a starting QB or any position for that matter trying to get some bank when in one play your career goes ***POOF***

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    There are 14 QBs with injuries on this chart
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/injuries

I am not sure what defines an elite QB or career altering. The average NFL career is https://www.statista.com/statistics/...otball-league/ by position....

How can you blame someone that is deemed elite and a starting QB or any position for that matter trying to get some bank when in one play your career goes ***POOF***
    We also have QBs playing until their mid to late 30s at a high level.

Its an overblown negotiating tactic. I know shit happens with injuries, but why bet on having a career ending injury vs not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's be honest, Jackson probably isn't playing into his mid to late 30s. Like Cam Newton and Russel Wilson before him, guys that run this much are inevitably going to end up hitting the RB Cliff before they hit the QB Cliff. And that's why there's no chance he's going to get a long-term fully guaranteed deal. Because he's already got an injury history and the way he plays his career really could end in one hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's be honest, Jackson probably isn't playing into his mid to late 30s. Like Cam Newton and Russel Wilson before him, guys that run this much are inevitably going to end up hitting the RB Cliff before they hit the QB Cliff. And that's why there's no chance he's going to get a long-term fully guaranteed deal. Because he's already got an injury history and the way he plays his career really could end in one hit.
    Yep... I can see a team paying him well in a 3 year deal. Not 5 or longer like the other QBs, and wont be close to fully guaranteed.