inb4 Levis
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    inb4 Levis
    Yeah no. But they went DT outta Clemson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I felt sad for Levis.
    I don't, dude's another Mitch Trubisky waiting to happen. He isn't NFL calibre.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Doesn't change the fact Vegas/The Media did the man dirty talking him up like that.

Stroud and Young where the only top 10 QBs. The colts where the only team dumb enough to take any other QB, wasn't a 4th team falling for that trap with Levis.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Soon as the scouts saw Levis eat a banana with the peel they probably questioned his decision making.

The Eagles must like Georgia defensive players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh just heard on the local coverage that Packers defacto-owner Mark Murphy is required by the Board of Directors to retire in 2 years.

Just in time for the leash on the Gutey/LaFleur/Love trial period to expire.

I don't actually understand the Kincaid pick for the Bills. Obviously he's a very good TE...

...but we already had a very good TE in Dawson Knox who we signed long term to real money just last off-season. We also play more 11 personnel than anyone in the league (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR). To get both DKs on the field at the same time is a fundamental shift in our offensive identity to 12 personnel. Brandon Beane, our GM, is already calling it an 11 1/2 personnel set.

We don't utlize the middle of the field well enough and lack YAC so I'll probably be coping hard by tomorrow, but it means there's gonna be something new for the Bills offense. For me the hope is that Kincaid sucks safeties into the middle so Diggs isn't blanketed on the outside, but Gabe Davis as WR2 is still meh for me. Plus we have two guys in the slot (one who just signed in Harty!!) so IDK where their role on the field is any more. Khalil Shakir looked good last year and now suddenly he's gonna be the backup slot in an offense that doesn't utilize slot WRs?

I mean, if Kincaid is as good as everyone says, I'll forget about it, but Ken Dorsey hasn't really shown any real ability to scheme anything for our one (1), current TE, so I'm a little skeptical about him changing his whole scheme up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's to have the option to roll out 2TE formations but if Dorsey already doesn't use his 1TE then I have no idea. If they don't use catching TEs you'd think they'd rather take Mayer who's a blocker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers on the clock tomorrow with 32. Joey Porter Jr. still available. They kind of HAVE to go get him right? Otherwise his dad is going to be piiiiissed.

Knox had 48 receptions for 517 yards and 6 TDs last year. In one of the most high powered offenses in the league. I mean, good YPC, but 17th in the league amongst TEs for receptions, barely top half of the league in yards.

Dorsey has no idea how to scheme for TEs and we picked up another pure pass-catching TE.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Knox had 48 receptions for 517 yards and 6 TDs last year. In one of the most high powered offenses in the league. I mean, good YPC, but 17th in the league amongst TEs for receptions, barely top half of the league in yards.

Dorsey has no idea how to scheme for TEs and we picked up another pure pass-catching TE.
    So you honestly think they drafted a stud TE in the first round with no intention of doing things differently than last year? I've been down on the Bills, but I'm not that down on them.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    TINO. TE In Name Only. xD

You'll probably end up using him as a pass catcher from the slot, and treat him like any other pass catcher from the slot. Just bigger.

Makes sense with what your GM said about 11 1/2 personnel. Any blocking he does is purely incidental and would have been done by a WR otherwise.

All the size, speed, measurables in the world don't mean anything if you are just going to drop the pass. Every Bills WR/TE not named Diggs caught cases of stone hands last year. This kid seems to have great hands. Call him whatever position you want, but I think he will improve the offense.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Steelers on the clock tomorrow with 32. Joey Porter Jr. still available. They kind of HAVE to go get him right? Otherwise his dad is going to be piiiiissed.
    My thoughts exactly. I kept hoping an AFC North rival would take him and make Steelers fans conflicted, but no.
    /s

Kincaid is a big slot receiver, thinking of him as a TE just isn't right imo. The dude is not even a remotely good blocker and usually graded poorly trying to block. I don't think you're going to see him lined up on the line as an actual TE much at all.

I don't watch as much bills games as the bills fans here do but from what I did watch it looked like they could desperately use a middle of the field weapon like Kincaid to force defenses out of cover 2 looks preventing deep balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Kincaid is a big slot receiver, thinking of him as a TE just isn't right imo. The dude is not even a remotely good blocker and usually graded poorly trying to block. I don't think you're going to see him lined up on the line as an actual TE much at all.

I don't watch as much bills games as the bills fans here do but from what I did watch it looked like they could desperately use a middle of the field weapon like Kincaid to force defenses out of cover 2 looks preventing deep balls.
    We could use that, but that's why we were looking at good slot WRs like Zay Flowers. And I obviously don't fault the Bills for not trading up before 20 (too expensive) or in the early 20s for a WR when the 4 WRs went in a row to WR-needy teams. My question and concern is why he's not just a WR then? Is it because he's not got the skills to be a WR? If he sucks at blocking, why's he a TE? It seems like excuses to justify a pick that's a good pass catching TE when we already have one as a "big slot WR." I mean dude even went to Kelce's TEU.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, our GM basically said at the post draft presser "He's like Cole Beasley in a TE's body," and Cole Beasley (who I don't agree with much of anything on) tweeted this morning "please don't ever compare what I do to a TE." And I agree with him. If he was a Cole Beasley type player, he'd be a WR.

Like, our GM basically said at the post draft presser "He's like Cole Beasley in a TE's body," and Cole Beasley (who I don't agree with much of anything on) tweeted this morning "please don't ever compare what I do to a TE." And I agree with him. If he was a Cole Beasley type player, he'd be a WR.
    Beasley is right, TEs that are all about pass catching are usually far more productive than he ever was.