Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I wish the Raiders played half as good in regular season as they do in preseason.
    They will get your hopes up by playing like that week 1 too before going back to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They will get your hopes up by playing like that week 1 too before going back to normal.
    I had to check who they play Week 1, but then, of course I should have known.

(spoiler, it's the Broncos)

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy I love preseason games. There's like a hundred players on the roster, and teams play everyone they can. So you get to see a whole bunch of different players and see how good they are.

Oh wait. You don't learn jack shit. Because they use local commentators who refuse to even say the names of the other teams' players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Boy I love preseason games. There's like a hundred players on the roster, and teams play everyone they can. So you get to see a whole bunch of different players and see how good they are.

Oh wait. You don't learn jack shit. Because they use local commentators who refuse to even say the names of the other teams' players.
    Not to mention the tiny sample sizes and the fact that the hundred players may or may not be going against some of the...less likely to make the roster...players of the opponents'

I just don't even watch preseason. It's valuable for coaching staff to analyze the players' performance, sure, but as a fan I find it basically useless.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

It could be worse, I'm just trying to watch the Saints but it's the awful Chargers broadcasters yacking it up with a member of the awful Spanos family.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It could be worse, I'm just trying to watch the Saints but it's the awful Chargers broadcasters yacking it up with a member of the awful Spanos family.
    That broadcast was painful. I hate having the local team announcers (even if it is the Saints announcers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Colts granting Jonathan Taylor to seek a trade.... the Colts want a first rounder or a package equal to that. So somebody gotta give up a first rounder and pay Taylor top dollar. Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Colts granting Jonathan Taylor to seek a trade.... the Colts want a first rounder or a package equal to that. So somebody gotta give up a first rounder and pay Taylor top dollar. Yikes.
    After Irsay has said publically they wouldn't trade him. Clown level owner. I do appreciate him voicing reason where it came to Daniel Snyder, but he's a meddling idiot.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I can think of a few teams that might be willing to give that up. But it's teams that are firmly super bowl or bust this year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can think of a few teams that might be willing to give that up. But it's teams that are firmly super bowl or bust this year.
    *cough*dolphins*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    *cough*dolphins*cough*
    Mostert and Wilson are more than fine RBs, especially in a pass happy offense. I think this would be a huge waste of their resources if they go for it. Mostert and Wilson have had injury issues in the past but so has Taylor so I wouldn't even say that is a valid reason.

As a surprise to probably no one, Jerry Jeudy is hurt again. 1 more injury away from Kendall Hinton being a top 2 receiver again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Mostert and Wilson are more than fine RBs, especially in a pass happy offense. I think this would be a huge waste of their resources if they go for it. Mostert and Wilson have had injury issues in the past but so has Taylor so I wouldn't even say that is a valid reason.
    I'm more than fine with Taylor taking away touches from Waddle and Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    NFL: RBs are dime a dozen
    Also NFL: this slight upgrade at rb is what will make us champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for some totally accurate predictions with preseason almost over:

NFC North - Detroit. Detroit spent a lot improving their defense. Offense can still click as well as it did, so they take the North. Green Bay has to rely on Jordan Love being as good as they think, without leaving him much to rely on. Minnesota lucked out last year with a negative point differential and winning almost every game by one score. Losing big pieces on top of that. Chicago won't be much better. Fields is way overhyped and not as good as people think

NFC East - Dallas. Losing Zeke won't be a big deal. Plus it's against the law for Philly to win the division this year. Washington will be better than New York with their stout defense, while the Giants spent too much money on the wrong players instead of trying to improve their terrible defense.

NFC South - New Orleans. The Saints have the smallest question mark at quarterback in the division. Staying healthy and out of trouble will be necessary, but the division sucks so it won't be too hard. I never bet on rookie quarterbacks, and The Riddler isn't proven either. That said, they did get a lot of help on defense with their signings, so maybe they play a run heavy offense like Baltimore. Just, you know, without the MVP caliber quarterback. Bucs and Panther have no chance.

NFC West - Seattle. I'm banking on two things, Geno Smith's season not being a fluke, and the 49ers not being able to sustain their success without a franchise quarterback. Seattle's defense just needs to get healthy. Arizona is terrible, but at least they seem to know it and are hoarding draft picks for the future.

AFC North - Ravens. Bengals lost a lot in their secondary, and their defense will give up way too much to a healthy Lamar Jackson and a budding Kenny Pickett with what looks to be a huge stud in George Pickens. Hanging on to Joe Mixon probably wasn't a great idea either.

AFC East - Bills. My guess is Aaron Rodgers gets hurt, and that top 5 defense can't carry them with Zack Wilson. Same for New England, Mac Jones is on the hot seat and can't be carried by the defense.

AFC South - Titans. Staying healthy and running Derrick Henry into the ground for one last hurrah, the Titans edge out the Jags for the division. Colts are another rookie QB team, and, oh wow, so are the Texans. Are we SURE the NFC South is the worst division in the NFL?

AFC West - Chiefs. Well, duh. At least until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2023-08-25 at 06:06 PM.

I'm always wrong, so expect these to be reversed.

AFCW: 1.Chiefs 2.Chargers 3.Broncos 4.Raiders - Should be another good fight for last
    AFCE: 1.Bills 2.Pats 3.Jets 4.Dolphins
    AFCS: 1.Jags 2.Titans - Texans/Colts both suck too much to put any effort into that guess
    AFCN: 1. Steelers 2.Bengals 3.Ravens 4.Browns

NFCW: 1.49ers 2.Seahawks 3.Rams 4.Cardinals
    NFCE: 1.Eagles 2.Cowboys 3.Giants 4.Potatoes
    NFCS: 1.Saints 2.Panthers 3.Falcons 4.Bucs
    NFCN: 1.Vikings 2.Lions 3.Packers 4.Bears

Bottom 5 records: Cardinals, Bears, Texans, Colts, Bucs

AFCE: 1. Bills, 2. Jets, 3. Dolphins (but possibly still a WC), 4. Pats
    AFCN: 1. Ravens, 2. Bengals (prob top WC), 3. Steelers, 4. Browns
    AFCS: 1. Jags, 2. Titans, 3. Colts, 4. Texans
    AFCW: 1. Chiefs, 2. Chargers, 3. Broncos, 4. Raiders

NFCE: 1. Eagles, 2. Giants (In Daboll we trust), 3. Cowboys, 4. Commanders
    NFCN: 1. Lions, 2. Vikings, 3. Bears, 4. Packers (Jordan Love is a flop)
    NFCS: 1. Saints, 2. Falcons (Ridder is the real deal), 3. Bucs, 4. Panthers (most irrelevant division in football)
    NFCW: 1. Seattle (controversial), 2. 49ers (Purdy is a fraud and they deserve it for ruining Lance's development), 3. Rams, 4. Cards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    AFCE: 1. Bills, 2. Jets, 3. Dolphins (but possibly still a WC), 4. Pats
    AFCN: 1. Ravens, 2. Bengals (prob top WC), 3. Steelers, 4. Browns
    AFCS: 1. Jags, 2. Titans, 3. Colts, 4. Texans
    AFCW: 1. Chiefs, 2. Chargers, 3. Broncos, 4. Raiders

NFCE: 1. Eagles, 2. Giants (In Daboll we trust), 3. Cowboys, 4. Commanders
    NFCN: 1. Lions, 2. Vikings, 3. Bears, 4. Packers (Jordan Love is a flop)
    NFCS: 1. Saints, 2. Falcons (Ridder is the real deal), 3. Bucs, 4. Panthers (most irrelevant division in football)
    NFCW: 1. Seattle (controversial), 2. 49ers (Purdy is a fraud and they deserve it for ruining Lance's development), 3. Rams, 4. Cards
    How is lance having multiple season-ending injuries the team’s fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    How is lance having multiple season-ending injuries the team’s fault?
    Hes only had 1 season ending injury, and he looks bad when he was given the chance including this preseason so it's definitely not the teams fault. 49ers where going to completely tank the start of their season last year if he didn't get injured tbh. Reminder the 49ers last year lost to the bears with Lance as the starter, Jimmy G and Purdy saved the season and both played way above Lance.

Lance was given every opportunity and not only did he lose to Purdy, he lost the backup job to Sam Darnold ffs. It's over with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Trey Lance.

He just got traded to Dallas for a mid round pick.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.