Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard Battle.net App Update - Patch 2.18.0

Blizzard Battle.net App Update - Patch 2.18.0
    Blizzard's Battle.net App has received an update today, featuring a new Home Page and and the ability to quickly launch any of the last 3 games that you played.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What's New in Beta

With how much new content is coming online on Battle.net, staying on top of everything going on can be a challenge. To improve your quality of life on Battle.net and ensure you never miss out on a big announcement or a good deal, we're building a Home Page for Battle.net, and we'd like you to help us test it.

We're excited to create a space that keeps you in the know and gets you quickly wherever you want to go. In addition to the new Home Page, we're also adding a Last Played section to help you get back into your favorite games with one click.

Send us your feedback, suggestions, and comments, and help us create an awesome Home Page for Battle.Net.

Home Page
    • Catch up on everything new and important across Battle.net in one convenient, central location.
    • The Recommended section flags products we think you may want to add to your collection.

Last Played
    • We added a feature that lets you jump right into the last 3 games you played with one click.

Navigation
    • We added a Home Page label.
    • All Games is now in the top navigation under Games. My Games now defaults to make this your space.

Last edited by Lumy; 2023-03-03 at 01:14 AM.

Exciting stuff...

why not have that button appear when mouseover on any favorite games? The people that they put in charge of this app have no idea what kind of features players are expecting

Lunchers are for corporation marketing - not for you "player".

15+ Year Old Account
    My battle.net launcher updated to 2.17.0 today. Is this 2.18.0 version out of beta then or what, because if so it seems I'm behind ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    My battle.net launcher updated to 2.17.0 today. Is this 2.18.0 version out of beta then or what, because if so it seems I'm behind ;P
    The new UI changes aren't out yet, they've put out these notices to get people to test the beta version and find issues, if people want to. My client is non-beta and is version 2.18, so you might be behind.
    Last edited by Stickiler; 2023-03-03 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's not out yet, they've put out these notices to get people to test the beta version and find issues, if people want to.
    Ah yes. Re-reading the blue post I see it says "What's New in Beta", seems I missed that when first reading Thanks for the reply.

Blah blah blah... Who cares about the launcher, come on.

No Diablo IV "real" gameplay previews, no cool videos about skills and classes, no items and gear anticipations, no exciting interviews with real footage to make it clear that Diablo IV will be "absolutely amazing and exactly what you've been waiting for since Diablo III came out in 2012". That doesn't look promising, to be honest.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2023-03-03 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I was just thinking how the launcher needed to be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post

No Diablo IV "real" gameplay previews, no cool videos about skills and classes, no items and gear anticipations, no exciting interviews with real footage to make it clear that Diablo IV will be "absolutely amazing and exactly what you've been waiting for since Diablo III came out in 2012". That doesn't look promising, to be honest.
    Also you can test all of that stuff in the open beta on march 24th, even if you didn't pre-order, its open to everyone on that date, through the 26th.

7+ Year Old Account

you been living under a rock?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    why not have that button appear when mouseover on any favorite games? The people that they put in charge of this app have no idea what kind of features players are expecting
    NIcve projection of your opinion. They have an idea of what palyers want. YOu are nothte only player out there. Just because they don't know what YOU want does nto mean they have no idea what players want/ What YOU want does not automatically = what all players want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Cool, I was just thinking how the launcher needed to be updated.

Also you can test all of that stuff in the open beta on march 24th, even if you didn't pre-order, its open to everyone on that date, through the 26th.
    Perhaps they learned with Warcraft 3 : Reforged.

One can't be disappointed as much if they fail to deliver what is promised.

Remaining silent allows them more freedom to just iterate and do what they want without disappointing people even more with a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The new UI changes aren't out yet, they've put out these notices to get people to test the beta version and find issues, if people want to. My client is non-beta and is version 2.18, so you might be behind.
    IF you go into "Settings", you will see a "Beta" option. Download it there and it will switch you to the beta version. You can switch back and forth if you like after that.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NIcve projection of your opinion. They have an idea of what palyers want. YOu are nothte only player out there. Just because they don't know what YOU want does nto mean they have no idea what players want/ What YOU want does not automatically = what all players want.
    For sure I'm not the only player but I've participated to provide feedback through community discussions on the topic. And this is absolutely not the most pressing feature while being something that demands a noticeable amount of dev time. Amongst most anticipated features, better ingame chat and communities integration by adding shared calendar events and emots, button to start the game someone in your friend list is playing, a button to notify the leader of the party of a friend in your list that you would like to join their game session, a button to get more notifications on a game (example of this is to get notified of wow hotfixes through the app).

So instead of shutting me down for your own enjoyment, think of what would be good for the games you play on this app and the players you play with.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you been living under a rock?
    I guess so? Are there any extensive videos with real gameplay and cool stuff to watch?

Bit meh, now it defaults to the Home tab instead of the only game that matters to me; WoW
    Obviously its done to try convince people to play some of the other games to make them more money.

Now my brain muscle have to adapt and learn that the launch button is in the top of the launcher next to the "Last Played". A button that is now smaller and less obvious than the usual blue PLAY one, not cool.

Oh well, guess I'll get used to it. And it will be nice when I play both WoW and Diablo 4 in a few months. I can then launch both from frontpage (Home) I guess.

Most changes always feels a bit wierd at first, then you adapt and then its just how it is.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2023-03-03 at 04:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess so? Are there any extensive videos with real gameplay and cool stuff to watch?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyBbJLJRRM
    well here is one from 2 days ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upoNcwapVU
    3 weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Thanks! I wish the video quality was bettre to be honest but... That's better than nothing I guess.

Yeah ofc nothing, I just only wonder how people got so much info about classes, mechanics and gameplay for videos like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO2Uf0rRaR0

I bet they came from future and have some sort of search engine that allows them to look for things they want to see. But for now we have to deal with this bad Blizzard that don't want to tell us anything about D4, what are they hiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks too cluttered compared to the old UI.