Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I take you when there are 50 other dudes with higher score and probably higher ilvl signing up at the same time?

You're signing up for the easiest key as the most overrepresented role, with neither standout ilvl or score.
    Check it yourself, make a group for a +20 SMBG and see just how quickly the signups fill up, and look at what you're competing against

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Why would I take you when there are 50 other dudes with higher score and probably higher ilvl signing up at the same time?

You're signing up for the easiest key as the most overrepresented role, with neither standout ilvl or score.
    Check it yourself, make a group for a +20 SMBG and see just how quickly the signups fill up, and look at what you're competing against
    shousl have been clearer i guess that was an example i was using

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i need some help understanding this as its making no sense to I've got 2573 score on my hunter I've timed Shadowmoon burial grounds 20 on both fortified and tyrannical, I've even 2 chested it on tyrannical yet I'm getting instantly declined for every 20 burialgrounds i sign for same is happening wiht algathar on tyrannical I've timed a 20 for that side why i get instantly declined. this make no sense to me

what dose timing a other dungeons have to do with my ability to do the 2 dungeons mentioned above?
    Beein a meta dps doesnt help tbh :P Im shadow priest and its pretty much hard to get invite on any high key with 2500~ aroundish rio score. Why? Because there is tons TONS of players in que. Doin own keys thats the best advice you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i need some help understanding this as its making no sense to I've got 2573 score on my hunter I've timed Shadowmoon burial grounds 20 on both fortified and tyrannical, I've even 2 chested it on tyrannical yet I'm getting instantly declined for every 20 burialgrounds i sign for same is happening wiht algathar on tyrannical I've timed a 20 for that side why i get instantly declined. this make no sense to me

what dose timing a other dungeons have to do with my ability to do the 2 dungeons mentioned above?
    As a hunter you really have to stand out a lot to get picked. Same with demon hunter. There are just so many players in m+ that the chance that someone with higher score already applied or that there is already one in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    First time playing WoW? This has literally happened ever since achievements and gearscore became a thing which is one reason why WoW pugging is a cesspool.
    The magical WoW community where being fully capable of doing the content is not enough. For almost all groups you are required to be way way over it.
    I remember when being after being constantly declined for days for +15 in SL S1 despite having all 14 in all dungeons plus a couple of 15 done in time, when I asked “why” one day one dude told me “dude you have to have completed a 15 to be invited into a 15” (I don’t know how it is now but back then the difference between 14 and 15 was almost non-existing).

When I told him “but dude, how am I supposed to run a 15 if no one accepts my application because I have only all 14 (notice that this has NEVER been the case up to 14)?”, the answer was the usual “do your own key”.

This kinda opened my eyes and that was my last day of M+. I quit the game until Zereth Mortis came out and then again from when I finished ZM to DF.

@thunderdragon2: if you play solo and you are solely interested in power progression, this game does not deserve your time and money. Just quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is why:

People with your score are abundant in LFG.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    2500 is hilariously low right now.

Starting a group for a 20+ key and having 800 people who are 2800+ queue means you will never get looked at ever.

Push your own key and get better score.
    hilariously low meaning top 10% of players who do m+ (probably top 1% overall) (https://raider.io/mythic-plus/cutoffs/season-df-1/us)

that said, the other answers are right. DPS need better gear and better score because there's insane competition

At 2500 you are a state school grad competiting against Ivy League grads
    Last edited by Ashana Darkmoon; 2023-03-03 at 02:47 PM.
    “Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” -Eric Hoffer

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I remember when being after being constantly declined for days for +15 in SL S1 despite having all 14 in all dungeons plus a couple of 15 done in time, when I asked “why” one day one dude told me “dude you have to have completed a 15 to be invited into a 15” (I don’t know how it is now but back then the difference between 14 and 15 was almost non-existing).

When I told him “but dude, how am I supposed to run a 15 if no one accepts my application because I have only all 14 (notice that this has NEVER been the case up to 14)?”, the answer was the usual “do your own key”.

This kinda opened my eyes and that was my last day of M+. I quit the game until Zereth Mortis came out and then again from when I finished ZM to DF.

@thunderdragon2: if you play solo and you are solely interested in power progression, this game does not deserve your time and money. Just quit.
    Imagine if ALL pugs sat there looking for other ppl's keys and never did theirs. Just say there cursing at the game that it doesnt let them play.
    You only get the option because some actually do their own key. If you refuse to do your own, you're part of the problem, because there are too many of you who choose to do exactly the same and seem to think the game and other ppl owe them to create groups for them and invite them.

Make your own group.

Starting a group for a 20+ key and having 800 people who are 2800+ queue means you will never get looked at ever.

Top10% and better - hiliariously low.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Imagine if ALL pugs sat there looking for other ppl's keys and never did theirs. Just say there cursing at the game that it doesnt let them play.
    You only get the option because some actually do their own key. If you refuse to do your own, you're part of the problem, because there are too many of you who choose to do exactly the same and seem to think the game and other ppl owe them to create groups for them and invite them.
    I don’t refuse to do my own key but I can’t always just do my key, especially when I can’t play much and I do “need” specific dungeons for loot or rio itself.

The mechanism simply works really bad for solo players without a lot of spare time.

2500 is doing mostly 18s-19s.

I hate to break it to you, but a 20 doesn't have some magical extra affix from a 19. It's a step up for sure, but calling 2500 "hilariously low" in terms of doing a 20 is just straight up wrong. It's the exact score you'd be pushing into 20.

Granted, yes a key like SBG will also have a dozen other DPS with higher scores I'm sure queuing up.

I don’t refuse to do my own key but I can’t always just do my key, especially when I can’t play much and I do “need” specific dungeons for loot or rio itself.

The mechanism simply works really bad for solo players without a lot of spare time.
    Needing specific dungeons for loot is irrelevant here. You don't need the dungeon on a 20 to loot that item, and all that's doing is saving you a valor upgrade or two. To get 20s "running your own key" is absolutely the solution. You don't need instant rating and you don't need specific loot as explained above. Do you know what a 20 SBG or CoS que list looks like from people trying to fill out their weekly vaults? Do you really expect them to take a worse IO and geared player just for shits and giggles? If you push your own key are you gonna invite the 2500 guy over the 2800 one? Doubt.

People have a really weird mentality about keys too.

The whole idea of "you need to have done an x to get invited to an x" is just weird gatekeeping, the only point is actually makes sense is for affix breakpoints which the difficulty is low anyway so it doesn't actually matter, and if the key you did was several levels lower. A single level is going to yield a bit extra difficulty but it's not that huge that someone who's done a 19 in time wouldn't know how to do a 20 in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Needing specific dungeons for loot is irrelevant here. You don't need the dungeon on a 20 to loot that item, and all that's doing is saving you a valor upgrade or two. To get 20s "running your own key" is absolutely the solution. You don't need instant rating and you don't need specific loot as explained above. Do you know what a 20 SBG or CoS que list looks like from people trying to fill out their weekly vaults? Do you really expect them to take a worse IO and geared player just for shits and giggles? If you push your own key are you gonna invite the 2500 guy over the 2800 one? Doubt.
    He was talking about 15s in SL as when he quit, which makes more sense in regards to his issues, in case that was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    People have a really weird mentality about keys too.

The whole idea of "you need to have done an x to get invited to an x" is just weird gatekeeping, the only point is actually makes sense is for affix breakpoints which the difficulty is low anyway so it doesn't actually matter, and if the key you did was several levels lower. A single level is going to yield a bit extra difficulty but it's not that huge that someone who's done a 19 in time wouldn't know how to do a 20 in time.
    It's not even that mentality. It's the fact there are almost always way better applicants trying to fill out their keys unless it's a painful dungeon that week. 2500 players aren't getting declined to 20s because the leader thinks they can't do them 9/10 times it's because their entire que is filled with way higher rated players.

- - - Updated - - -

He was talking about 15s in SL as when he quit, which makes more sense in regards to his issues, in case that was missed.
    The logic doesn't stop there though, it's the same shit in SL. People are not going to invite you over better applicants. This shit heavily started in shadowlands because of filling vault, it wasn't as common to get way overqualified people before the vault in legion/bfa.

The whole idea of "you need to have done an x to get invited to an x" is just weird gatekeeping,
    All the more reason to run your own key then, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don’t understand why this is so hard for other people to understand.

There are so many factors as to why somebody gets instantly declined. Some are more common than others, for example, 100 people queuing up at the exact same time and increasing every second beyond that.

Not so common factors? The person who started the group is a stickler and declines anything and everything he just doesn’t like. Could be your name? Could be your class? Could be they’re just a cunt?

WHO KNOWS

The point is that, if you are getting instantly declined and you are trying to rationalize to yourself like “but my R.IO is ______” or “I’ve already timed this dungeon at level ___” or “I’m playing a meta spec” or any thought process of the like, you are wasting your own time.

It’s the nature of the content: only 4 people more can be taken to the group. There are literally thousands of other players experiencing the same thing.

Now… there is another discussion to be had on how to better increase your chances of being accepted to a M+ group that I don’t feel like getting into. One usually is just the class + role you play. Another is the your class + role and your overall rating… but that’s just to name a few.

There is no absolute 1 way for you, OP, to not be insta-declined in keys you queue up for. Just keep chugging. That’s literally how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    This is a great way to avoid all of aforementioned issues going into this “problem” but people hate this because usually, people do not know how to form groups in M+

There is little vetting that goes in, and when the group fails miserably, the person who formed the group usually blames the community.

I’ve seen so many posts on this topic on this website in the past of posters openly admitting they just take whoever queues up first because they don’t wanna waste more time getting the group together. Or they don’t play serious enough to care about things like class utility (interrupts, battle rez, Bloodlust) or the combination of item level + rating + keys actually timed… and then complain when they can’t get into groups themselves who do consider those factors

It’s a weird fucking cycle of mental gymnastics.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2023-03-03 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The logic doesn't stop there though, it's the same shit in SL. People are not going to invite you over better applicants. This shit heavily started in shadowlands because of filling vault, it wasn't as common to get way overqualified people before the vault in legion/bfa.
    I don't disagree, but I do feel there's a difference between going "hey sorry had better applications" and going "well you didn't do it at this level, you need to do it then I'd invite you"

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Did you intentionally ignore everything else said or...?

Because that kind of logic is just ridiculous. It's one thing to point out that it's easier to form a group than to try to get accepted into one, but to gatekeep key levels just on some weird superiority complex is just sad.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In short: group makers set minimum score which is hidden for you = auto decline uppon applying. it's just a craptastic old UI issue.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    well just cause you did a key in time doesnt give you vip acess to every key on the tool
    there are instandly quite a lot of players and the best item level and score gets the place as well what class/spec is needed

Did you intentionally ignore everything else said or...?

Because that kind of logic is just ridiculous. It's one thing to point out that it's easier to form a group than to try to get accepted into one, but to gatekeep key levels just on some weird superiority complex is just sad.
    And that's why I said run your own key. Nobody can gatekeep you from it. Be the change you want to see in the community, take only players who have done your key-1 level.