Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The Fallout with the Horde was stupid already back in Warcraft 3. Blizzard was hellbent to repleace Amani and Ogres with Tauren and Darkspear. Ogres came back but the forest trolls(most of them), are still hostile to us. I don't know what changed the mind of Metzen to break with the original makeup of the faction.
    Thrall talks about how disgraceful the Horde's alliance was with the Amani back in the WC3 opening quest, though he doesn't really give a lot of details. It's really an odd remark, given that the trolls never did anything that egregious, and, in my opinion, the troll berserkers were the best part of the Horde in WC2.

Troll heritage questline I hope is something not related to Vol'jin. Character is dead and even still manages to be the only relevant Darkspear in the story. I'd like it to be the troll tribes finally uniting, PC serving as an envoy into the gurubashi Amani and farraki and -finally- getting the tribes to make peace with the Zandalari and Darkspear. Could unlock options for troll players to switch to a character that looks more like the other troll tribes, sandy and bandaged for example or forest trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Troll heritage questline I hope is something not related to Vol'jin. Character is dead and even still manages to be the only relevant Darkspear in the story. I'd like it to be the troll tribes finally uniting, PC serving as an envoy into the gurubashi Amani and farraki and -finally- getting the tribes to make peace with the Zandalari and Darkspear. Could unlock options for troll players to switch to a character that looks more like the other troll tribes, sandy and bandaged for example or forest trolls.
    You might think Vol'jin's story is over but Blizzard surley isn't using any of the other famous Darkspear characters so we might just roll with it and smile. Expect nothing from the heritage quest and you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Yeah the orc quest raised the bar.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Yeah the orc quest raised the bar.
    When the expectations are on the ground any improvement looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    When the expectations are on the ground any improvement looks fantastic.
    True but I was expecting them to screw up very badly and they didn't, credit where credit's due, it was a pretty good quest that actually made me wonder what's in store for Jorin, the role of warlocks in the Horde, and the various clans and characters, and how they'll characterize them going forward.
    Twas brillig

Well if they do the whole other side of azeroth thing as a new expansion.
    Could have a Empire of Trolls Descended from a small group of dark spear that abandoned the tribe pre-sundering and grew uncontested into a empire the size of the zandalari in their prime. maybe they also abandoned the traditions of the loa, and worship the void.

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    Well if they do the whole other side of azeroth thing as a new expansion.
    Could have a Empire of Trolls Descended from a small group of dark spear that abandoned the tribe pre-sundering and grew uncontested into a empire the size of the zandalari in their prime. maybe they also abandoned the traditions of the loa, and worship the void.
    That'd feel a bit contrived to be specifically darkspear, but yeah it'll be interesting to see this 'other side of azeroth' with different cultural and aesthetic takes on the various races.

Unsure whether it'll be just titan derived races or what though.
    Twas brillig

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd really love to see Maori-inspired trolls. I think the intricate tattoos would look great on a troll. Also, they could have a Loa based off the Demigod Maui who's Bwonsamdi's brother lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That'd feel a bit contrived to be specifically darkspear, but yeah it'll be interesting to see this 'other side of azeroth' with different cultural and aesthetic takes on the various races.

Unsure whether it'll be just titan derived races or what though.
    I figured the weakest clan having a off shot that became a giant ass empire would provide some nice contrast.
    also kinda makes sense in a way, maybe or there was a schism at some point which made half the clan leave leading to them being the smallest clan.

It an ass pull granted but for a 30 second idea. I think it could be fun.

I wish Torcali had shown up in Zandalar outside that mount quest (where she did not have her own model or anything). Imo the proper replacement for Rezan was Torcali. Bwonsamdi could have stayed central to the lore by bring Vol'jin back and having them interact more.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-03-29 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wish Torcali had shown up in Zandalar outside that mount quest (where she did not have her own model or anything). Imo the proper replacement for Rezan was Torcali. Bwonsamdi could have stayed central to the lore by bring Vol'jin back and having them interact more.
    Definitely agree there, Bwom should be the Darkspear's primary loa and Torcali should be the Zandalari's primary loa.
    Twas brillig

Definitely agree there, Bwom should be the Darkspear's primary loa and Torcali should be the Zandalari's primary loa.
    All trolls worship Bwonsamdi because death is essential in every culture. I don't see a problem with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rezan and N’Zoth being absolutely wasted, all in the same expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this? The Troll version of that void elf fanatic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves be like: Uhh Hel-
    Blizzard be like: GET BACK IN THE BOX NOW I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD SPEAK
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    An angered troll fan who believes his favorite race has suffered too many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give forsaken trolls as playable race?!

3+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be more trolls who are our friends instead of our enemies! As in, troll characters who don't die after being introduced in a single patch or in a troll instance. Having a troll as a friend is always fun too!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Nah, I don't think anyone can possibly outdo Alleria's RL lover. Still, it's undeniable that trolls have usually been on the short end of the stick, whether it's the Darkspear (who have always felt like minor shareholders in the Horde, despite being one of the founding members) or the non-playable ones, whom we've been slaughtering since freaking Vanilla.

In this regard, it's good that the Zandalari Empire is on its feet again - at last there is a troll nation that isn't a pushover.