Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

Probably. It can't be just autism/aspergers because that's supposed to be also self-absorbing around people and I'm rarely that; since it's often short-term/in bursts then it's closer to adhd; and when I self-test I usually test negative for autism/aspergers but easily positive for adhd.

I guess I should look into adhd therapy.
Adhd can be a bastard to deal with, the amount of times ive nearly burnt the fucking house down because i havent put a timer on when i've put something in the oven and that just jumps out of my memory until 3 hours later....

It can take some time (dependant on your location) to get referred and egt a diagnosis, and they may be able to offer you medication which can help.
they may offer you help and advice on how to deal with it.

Whilst not advocating it for anyone else, i use a bit a cannabis and have a joint every now and then as it helps me to Switch the hyperactive part of my brain into hyper-focus mode and i cant get shit done that normally i'd dither or forget about because my minds jumping all over the place. it doesn't worl for everyone and i'm not encouraging it if it's illegal where you are from.

If you smoke or vape, cbd oil can also help, don't take this as medical advice, just as me sharing my experience on what works for me.

Working from home has been challenge for me, as when i need to be able to take calls or meetings im not allowed any background noise which can be picked up, this basically means sometimes im working in dead silenece, which is one of the worst things for me as there is no stimulation and that quickly leads to me being bored.

The best thing you can do is start to note things down about the things that help you stay focused or stimulated and not getting bored, and from that try to identify what it is that gives you the stimulation from playing those games in short addictive bursts, it may take some time, but knowing that you can manage it helps alleviate some of it.

i've dealt with it all my life and at 36 i still haven't got it down, but knowing i have adhd has helped me immensely in dealing with it.

good luck