Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb New races opening up for Warlocks

So with the recent interview with Ion, he stated they want to make classes more available.
    Warlock could be included in this.

With that being said; what races would you like to see open up as Warlocks?

I'm personally hoping for Draenei, if they get a red skin, like the darkfallen-skin option.

Dracthyr would be cool, but lorewise hard to pull off...

I would love for Draenei to get Eredar skin options, but I think it would be a sub-race?

5+ Year Old Account
    We should have add Zandalari all along. Blizzard pulled some bullshit reason out of their ass why we couldn't have them, despite previously showing them being able to be Warlocks. Still kinda salty over that, ngl. So, Zandalari.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2023-03-16 at 09:22 AM.

I feel like MOST races that do not have Warlock access now is on the table to get it.

- The Legion is defeated to just say some Eredar got dipped into a pond of holy water and bam; Draenei Warlock.

- The Twilight Hammer clan or whatever they are called (The faction that is / was all over Silithus) have proven that Night Elves and Taurens can be utilizing Shadow Magics and demonic companions so adding Warlocks to Night Elves and Taurens is completely fine; which by proxy should allow Highmountain Taurens to become Warlocks as well.

- That Kul Tiran's don't have it by release is just silly to me.

- Mag'har and Zandalari also have it in their story cards to have access to the class so I also do not get why they did not get it on release.

This leaves Dracthyr, Lightforged Draenei and Pandaren. Since LF Draenei can become DK's I really do not see why they can't dip into Lock, the "Lore" aspect of them has already been shat on. So I'd argue Dracthyr and Pandaren are the only ones where they "Still could justify" the race not having access to Warlock. And even then with how Dracthyr lore is still developing: they could add way for them to get Warlock - Only leaving out Pandaren at which case I don't see anyone giving a crap about them getting it.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post

Did they ever actually give a reason for this? I guess the closest thing to it is a Tidesage, but really that's more shaman than it is warlock.

I guess there isn't really any demonic presence on Kul'Tiras, but then they can become DKs so if they're still trying to use lore as an argument, it's pretty thin at this stage.

Even though I would never give up undead, a red skin draenei (eredar) would be dope, though lorewise it would make no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Even though I would never give up undead, a red skin draenei (eredar) would be dope, though lorewise it would make no sense.
    Yeah but darkfallen elves for Alliance player also feels very out of place..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah but darkfallen elves for Alliance player also feels very out of place..
    Darkfallen night elves/void elves are no different from night elf/void elf Death Knights. They have free will and choose to continue to fight for the Alliance.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Always found it odd that HM Tauren can't be warlocks, I mean there's litterally an entire clan of them being warlocks and such. Surely after Mayla claimed Highmountain a bunch of Bloodtotem (Feltotem if you will) would've joined her (and thus the Horde) and repented or some such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolinn View Post
    Did they ever actually give a reason for this? I guess the closest thing to it is a Tidesage, but really that's more shaman than it is warlock.

I guess there isn't really any demonic presence on Kul'Tiras, but then they can become DKs so if they're still trying to use lore as an argument, it's pretty thin at this stage.
    I'm guessing it's because human warlocks didn't really becaome an actual thing till after Kul Tiras split with the Alliance and turned isolationist. As for the KT Dk's, those are actually explained in game, as in they were soldiers who fought - and died - in the Fourth War, whom Bolvar had collected in secret and reanimated, same goes for any of the Allied Race (and Pandaren) DKs, they even have (or had?) a talent called Veteran of the Fourth War.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    I feel like MOST races that do not have Warlock access now is on the table to get it.

- The Legion is defeated to just say some Eredar got dipped into a pond of holy water and bam; Draenei Warlock.

- The Twilight Hammer clan or whatever they are called (The faction that is / was all over Silithus) have proven that Night Elves and Taurens can be utilizing Shadow Magics and demonic companions so adding Warlocks to Night Elves and Taurens is completely fine; which by proxy should allow Highmountain Taurens to become Warlocks as well.

- Mag'har and Zandalari also have it in their story cards to have access to the class so I also do not get why they did not get it on release.

This leaves Dracthyr, Lightforged Draenei and Pandaren. Since LF Draenei can become DK's I really do not see why they can't dip into Lock, the "Lore" aspect of them has already been shat on. So I'd argue Dracthyr and Pandaren are the only ones where they "Still could justify" the race not having access to Warlock. And even then with how Dracthyr lore is still developing: they could add way for them to get Warlock - Only leaving out Pandaren at which case I don't see anyone giving a crap about them getting it.
    A Mag'har warlock though would just be an orc warlock, since "mag'har" literally means uncorrupted.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Always found it odd that HM Tauren can't be warlocks, I mean there's litterally an entire clan of them being warlocks and such. Surely after Mayla claimed Highmountain a bunch of Bloodtotem (Feltotem if you will) would've joined her (and thus the Horde) and repented or some such.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing it's because human warlocks didn't really becaome an actual thing till after Kul Tiras split with the Alliance and turned isolationist. As for the KT Dk's, those are actually explained in game, as in they were soldiers who fought - and died - in the Fourth War, whom Bolvar had collected in secret and reanimated, same goes for any of the Allied Race (and Pandaren) DKs, they even have (or had?) a talent called Veteran of the Fourth War.

- - - Updated - - -

A Mag'har warlock though would just be an orc warlock, since "mag'har" literally means uncorrupted.
    I would also recon that if a Mag'har would dabble in the fel and become a warlock, he/she would turn green over time as well... turning them into 'regular' orcs

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would also recon that if a Mag'har would dabble in the fel and become a warlock, he/she would turn green over time as well... turning them into 'regular' orcs
    Yes that's what would indeed happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes that's what would indeed happen.
    Why do Orcs, draenei, and blood elves seem to change appearance so drastically; while races like humans, gnomes, and dwarves barely seem to change at all due to fel usage, or at least not changing skin colour to an altogether different pigment?

You've got red man'ari eredar, green orcs/red fel-orcs, and felblood elves whom range in skin colour from grey to blue to ash black to red.
    And all of these races also exhibit demonic growths such as horns, spikes, scaling, etc.

While I don't think I've seen a human, dwarf, or gnome, etc. depicted with anything more than circles under their eyes and probably paler skin.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    We should have add Zandalari all along. Blizzard pulled some bullshit reason out of their ass why we couldn't have them, despite previously showing them being able to be Warlocks. Still kinda salty over that, ngl. So, Zandalari.
    Agree, zandalari warlocks should be a thing already.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Why do Orcs, draenei, and blood elves seem to change appearance so drastically; while races like humans, gnomes, and dwarves barely seem to change at all due to fel usage, or at least not changing skin colour to an altogether different pigment?

You've got red man'ari eredar, green orcs/red fel-orcs, and felblood elves whom range in skin colour from grey to blue to ash black to red.
    And all of these races also exhibit demonic growths such as horns, spikes, scaling, etc.

While I don't think I've seen a human, dwarf, or gnome, etc. depicted with anything more than circles under their eyes and probably paler skin.
    A matter of exposure? No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Zandalari Warlocks were originally going to be a thing. IIRC on the website for the patch when they unlocked them they have listed Warlocks as a class option.

So basically what happened is that they removed Warlocks in the last second and instead gave us Zandalari Paladins instead due to "popular demand" (=people on the forums asking for it... and then people say they don't listen lol). Otherwise the Zandalari would be able to play every class if I am not mistaken and at that time Blizzard didn't want a race to have every class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren warlocks because the whole idea is soo darn absurd.

I think they didn't give zandalari warlocks because they didn't want a race with all classes available to them? But yeah, of that's true it's a silly reason.

We don't really need much lore justification to add more races to warlocks to be honest. We have vulpera warlocks for no reason for example, their cultural thing is to dig in dirt and ride caravans, there was nothing in their background that would explain why they would be more inclined to turn to demonic magic than night elves or pandaren.

Back in classic, race/class restrictions made more sense as the idea then was that player characters are "typical adventurers", sort of warcraft 3 units style. Only most typical race/class combos were available to create that impression. But now we are heroes and champions, being a special, unique and rare class/race combo fits into that.

The only thing holding us back from allowing all race/class combos is amount of work that needs to be put in to make make it elegant. We got DK/hunt/war/mage/priest/rog/monk available to all races not because of lore (because it's easy to make a half-assed quest or NPC to explain it) but because these classes didn't require extra work like racial charger, racial totems, racial shapeshifts, unique animations (DH/evoker). Warlock class is the outlier, because it's heavily race restricted even though they have no racial flavour so allowing them to all races would be easy, that's why I expect them next in line for expanding race choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

I would recon, just like with the orcs, eredar and elves - and any Death Knight-race - exposure to the fel would turn any into a corrupted version of themselves.

Ideally, I would love similair eye/skin/horn-modifications like the demon hunter, for Warlocks
    We could do the same for Mages with Arcane eyes, Paladins and Priests with Light eyes...

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the recent interview with Ion, he stated they want to make classes more available.
    Warlock could be included in this.

With that being said; what races would you like to see open up as Warlocks?

I'm personally hoping for Draenei, if they get a red skin, like the darkfallen-skin option.

Dracthyr would be cool, but lorewise hard to pull off...
    Im still w8in for forsaken paladin. Shieldieng behind lorwise obstacle imo make no sense at this stage of this game. Lore is broken and open wide for everything.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-03-22 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Im still w8in for forsaken paladin. Shieldieng behind lorwise obstacle imo make no sense at this stage of this game. Lore is broken and open wide for everything.
    Yeah or we could fight another super-evil that would require us to rally ALL forces - including Draenei warlocks, Forsaken paladins, etc