VDH Lack of changes.

Greetings everyone, i've been noticing a trend lately - VDH getting nerfed again and again without seeing any changes to their spells.

Overall Vengeance DH is a great tanking class if played properly.

That being said, we have insane selfhealing (conditionally), insane damage mitigation (conditionally). And we do not lack any sort of mobility.

Conditional Selfhealing means; We heal based on the damage we take for the past 6 seconds - on paper this sounds really great, however, once you start pushing into 24-26 keys, this becomes a rather large problem.
    -> We are basically paper for the first 3-4 seconds of a fight -> this also means that if your group happens to do a stunrotation that lasts for more than 6 seconds, this includes knockbacks, push ups etc - you go back to being paper. (This can however be countered with having FD up).
    This also makes us revert into one of two tanking strats: Kite or pray that you can live for 4 seconds, litterally.

On bosses where damage is not stable, aka first boss SBG is a great example - you will not have your cooldowns back continuesly to deal with her tripple extra tank dmg stacks AND the no dmg downtime inbetween her casts. On lower keys this is not an issue at all as you outgear content, but once you do 26-27+ on tyrannical this becomes an issue and you have to rely on dodge/parry.

Our dmg mitigation lacks every 30 seconds, we got downtime with no mitigation, keeping above in mind.

We once had a legendary that added 1 spike charge to our rotation - this would be the most simplest fix to our dmg mitigation issue.

additionally, we need to have an update on our dodge/parry ratings.

Small changes, but yo, that would fix DHs.

Why buff the weak tanks when instead they could just buff an already super strong highly represented tank? /s

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Why buff the weak tanks when instead they could just buff an already super strong highly represented tank? /s
    Havoc Demon hunters are balanced around ONE SPEC CHOICE → SoulRend Spec, which is one of the more complex specs to play to perfection in Dragon Flight.
    We have seen little to no changes to any other choice of specs for demonhunters.

Glaive Tempest spec, which is the closest spec we get to pre-DF should see some buffs.
    a 5% Dmg increase to glaive tempest - Rework of our “ST” talent to become an aoe talent instead.

Vengeful Demon Hunters have not seen any changes so far.

Vengeful demonhunters with its current design, take a sh’t loads of dmg when pulling mobs, if FD isn’t up - this problem also occours when we are midpull and mobs need to be stunned, we again become paper.

Demon Spikes needs to be reworked to either last longer, have a shorter cd or have an extra charge → Since by default, we have gaps in our active mitigation where we cannot do anything which leads VDH to a choice of RNG or kite, if we decide to kite, we have to kite untill FD is back off of CD.

As Vengeance demonhunters doesn’t really bring any “support” to the group besides a silence sigil, reworking Soulmonger to splash it’s healing or absorb to be group wide would “When the DH is 100%+ hp and consumes a soul x amount of overhealing splashes to friendly target within 15 yards of the Demonhunter”.

Minor changes that would catapult demonhunters to be an attractive choice of tanks.

Currently, i’m playing a vengeance demonhunter and i can litterally not play the game due to metachasers not inviting anything besides warrior/protpal to any keys above +25.

Vengeance Demonhunters are fine for raids, as most raid bosses have two tanks and usually don’t deal tank dmg 24/7, but still not the attractive choice.

I’m one of those players who has been playing demon hunter since they came out and i currently feel forced to reroll to something else - yet withstanding the urge to do so.

I was watching streams the other day of the top 0.1% M+ Players queuing their groups for various +24-26 keys, 1/50 tank signups was a demonhunter - we are playing a class that lacks incentive to play, or to be played with.

I don't know the last time I saw a VDH in a key or in a raid. I know they are out there, however. But this seems to be the theme of dragonflight in general. Each class has one well though or put together spec while the other specs feel like they where afterthoughts at the last possible moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Vengeance Demonhunters are fine for raids, as most raid bosses have two tanks and usually don’t deal tank dmg 24/7, but still not the attractive choice.
    I tried to reroll to Vengeance from Warrior since my guild was lacking a DH. The first boss was no problem, after doing Primal Council I was like hell no. Warrior seemed un-killable (even in battle stance, lol) and demon hunter felt like wet tissue paper. It is a little absurd the gap in survivability. I'm playing a blood DK now, and still feel basically un-killable as long as I don't mess up horrifically, with vengeance it seemed like I could play well and still just get blown up.